This month, we decided to invest time on necessary backend changes to improve the game’s stability and performance. This is an ongoing effort that we think most of you will agree to prioritize over always pumping in new content all the time. That being said, we’re not leaving you dry! We added a slightly reworked Cave of a Thousand Treasure as drop in Godlands, and you can meet your new best buddy in your Guild Hall: Friendly Guill, the Guild Guy.
We also allocated a significant amount of time in fixing some legacy bugs and adding a bunch of UI improvements that we hope you will enjoy and give constructive feedback on.
You can discover the changes below, in the Patch Note details:
- Djinns in Godlands now have a low chance to drop a portal to Cave of a Thousand Treasures!
- Guill the friendly guild NPC is now ready and eager to serve! Don’t be shy, say hello to him. You’ll find him in your Guild Hall.
----------------Tweaks & Fixes
- Disconnect Timeout has been lowered from 10 minutes to 2 minutes
- Optimized character list loading time for players with a large amount of items
- Fixed a disconnect issue in the Cave of a Thousand Treasures and re-designed flame trap room
- Lair of Draconis minions needed for progression no longer get stuck in walls
- Character Slot Unlocker and Vault Unlocker items are now only usable in the vault
- Mysterious Crystals, Dragon Eggs and Sumo Masters will now spawn with their own tile to remove obstacles
- After the Hermit God dies, the deep water will turn into normal water after a short while (no more lost loot!)
- Arrow feathers from Bow of Fey Magic should now be purple to be consistent with other bows
- Green Satellite (monster) no longer loses a piece of itself when flying around
- Skins now always display the Skin Class in the item description
- Pet Stones now always display the Family Change warning message in the item description
- Reduced Avatar of the Forgotten King spam, Killer Pillar phase is now only announced by the Avatar itself
- Fixed a few typos in item descriptions and Oryx taunts
- Character selection screen now displays how maxed a character is (x/8)
- Character selection screen now displays the current pet of the character
- Character selection screen hover now displays backpack content
- Character selection screen hover now displays stats (also forces numeric text on hp/mp bar)
- Disabled shortening player names (mini map and lock list tool tips)
- Mini map: group tool tip and teleport menu background should now scale correctly with the text
- Mini map: enemies will always render on top
- Quest arrow/portrait now updates immediately
- The experimental “decamenu” is now active by default
- Added experimental toggle option to display how many potions of a certain stat are still needed to max it, applies to both selection screen hover and in game stats panel (only when level 20, disabled by default)
- Added experimental mini-map toggle option for slightly different colors for locked/unlocked players, locked/unlocked guild mates and locked/unlocked white names (disabled by default)
- Added a new cursor and fixed existing ones (thanks to Chvzto!)
- Added a new batch of Skins and Pet Stones[imgur.com]
- Made fixes to the following Skins / Dye Masks: Slime Rogue
That’s it for now! Big thanks to all our testers out there, you know who you are! Please note that we welcome feedback on the UI changes, such as the minimap colors - so don’t hesitate to drop a word. As usual if you have questions, remarks or suggestions, fire away!
And don’t worry, Muledump will still be usable with the changes, simply add &muleDump=true to the URL parameters.