Hey everyone, Krathan here!
The honor to provide our patch notes to you has been bestowed upon me, now that Myzzrym has left us to pursue other opportunities. We wish him the very best and hope he can drop by some time to tell us tales of… his adventures? Lamborghini adventures.
No longer will I have to bother him because of last minute changes or because I spotted a typo somewhere too late. Now I get to make and hopefully correct ALL the typos myself!
Alright, so this time around there aren't really that many new topics.
Wait, what's that? Am I being told we actually have THREE? AGAIN?! Well, better get to it then...
Okay, I tried reaching Craig to help me with this, but it seems like he ended up in someone's Guild Hall again… that's alright, poor guy had enough on his plate with everyone trying to ruin his summoning rituals anyway. I can do this!
So, first things first, here are... things!
The patch notes! Much needed and asked for Quality of Life additions and tons of fixes. So many in fact, that I felt the need to come up with categories! I am very excited to bring you these!
We fixed a few inconsistencies and issues that have been in the game for years, so we are aware that some of these might take some getting used to!End of the Month of the Mad God
We hope you had fun and I swear we'll go easier on the moss next year! We appreciate all the feedback you had for us, keep it coming!
- The Oryx Horde has been deactivated and the statue is back in the Vault.
- The Leprechaun has been deactivated.
- Demon Blade and Doom Bow drop like they used to.
- Moss, Stone, and Mad God tokens now have feed power values: 50 / 100 / 200, but do not drop anymore.
- Teleportation in the Nest is back to beeing disabled.
Quality of Life
- Loot Tier Potions no longer affect Potion drops: Health and Magic Pots no longer turn into Stat Pots, but Stat Pots also no longer turn into Wines.
- Medusas drop Snake Pit instead of Abyss of Demons.
- White Demons drop Abyss of Demons instead of Ice Cave.
- Unbound Rings finally have their own descriptions.
- Curse no longer soaks enemies in tomato sauce.
- Disable Particles Master option: Disable all nonessential particles besides enemy and ally hits. Throw, Area and certain other effects will remain.
- Other particle effects that aren't disabled: Pet abilities (Electric and Rising Fury), Lightning (Scepters), Ring (Traps), Vent (Ocean Trench), and Vortex (Void portal).
- Disable Ally Notifications option: Disable text notifications above allies.
- Disable Enemy Damage Text option: Disable damage from other players above enemies.
- Disable Ally Damage Text option: Disable damage above allies.
- Disable Players Hit Particles option now functions properly.
- Items display temporary stat boosts in tooltips (Cocktails, Tinctures, Gumballs, etc.).
- New command /classes, /class or /c to display how many players of each class there are in your area.
- Client corrects enemies that turned invisible due to desync issues (healed on death, etc.).
- Notifications no longer use queued text.
- Damage from Prism of Dire Instability, Ghostly Prism, Hivemaster Helm bees, Drakes, and all explosive consumables count towards the user's soul bound damage.
- Gravel no longer ignores invincibility and has a more accurate description.
- Orange Drakes and Gravel no longer ignore Stasis Immunity.
- Orange and Blue Drakes only zap enemies they can affect.
- Pet food no longer implies that you can equip it and displays a better tip.
- Fixed tooltips for ST items on leaderboards.
- Fixed redundant information for Helm of Draconic Dominance.
- Fixed an issue where consumables other than keys could not be used when under 10 stars.
- Fixed an issue where certain items would not grant their intended Fame Bonus.
- Invincible and invisible enemies can no longer be (attempted to be) cursed.
- Fixed Marble Pillar buffs not affecting cloaked Rogues.
- Fixed green Mad Lab liquid uncloaking Rogues.
- Corrupted Armors will now spawn with their own tile to remove obstacles.
- Fixed Swoll Fairy Boomerang range.
- Lost Halls
- Enemies now despawn if they are about to enter the closed boss room.
- Spectral Sentry at the Encounter now despawns properly at the end of the fight even if stuck.
- The Marble Colossus no longer leaves rocks alive and still spawns the void rift when killed too fast.
- Marble Colossus Lasers should no longer desync.
- Insta-killing Cultists no longer locks the fight.
- Many Old XML Issues which will result in slightly different behaviors here and there, here are some noteworthy changes
- Drakes: buffed ranges (like Wild Shadow initially intended!) except for White and Orange.
- Gravestones: fixed level 1 and level 20 lifetimes.
- Eye of the Avatar: less shots, but more and consistent damage.
- Oryx Puppet: fixed stacked shots, fixed pattern arcs, increased shot ranges, and made the Artifact phase less pointless.
- Fixed the following Skins: Snow Queen, Blizzard Sorcerer, Slashing Beauty, Princess Warrior, and Stone Skin.
- Fixed default Archer attack animation (hat and belt) and Limon sprite dirt.
- Fixed various unnecessary spaces and improper punctuation in enemy dialogue.
- Fixed extra spaces appearing in multi-lined chat messages.
- Fixed various typos and small errors.
The Tinkerer is back and has changed quite a lot: new UI, new features, new quests and a bunch of general improvements to the Daily Quest system!
Here are the main and most relevant changes with the new version:
- 5 quests refreshing every day are now available.
- Quest list is randomized per user.
- Quests can be completed in any order without the need to complete quest 1 to get quest 2.
- Items required for the quests are now directly parsed and consumed from the inventory and backpack (goodbye, tedious drag and drop!.
For the quests themselves, as you will see, we have decided to put the focus on dungeon completion rather than the old system of requiring a random item to be turned in.
Most bosses in the game now drop their corresponding Mark (e.g. Mark of Septavius). Marks are a new soulbound and non-stackable quest item. They are guaranteed
to drop from each boss and thus fairly common. We want to incentivize running dungeons for the quests rather than stockpiling Marks, but you can go for it if you're willing to sacrifice the space.
Collect the marks after defeating Oryx and his allies hiding in their dungeons and bring them back to the Tinkerer to obtain great rewards in exchange: Quest Chests and Epic Quest Chests.
- Quest Chests drop Stat Potions, tiered items and UTs from all dungeons in the Normal Quest pool.
- Epic Quest Chests drop more and better Stat Potions, higher tiered items and UTs from all dungeons in the Epic Quest pool.
The first quests will become available tomorrow!
UGC - User Generated Content
Big news here as well, we are happy to announce the release of the Public RotMG XML Documentation!
It was about a year ago when we first started looking into UGC. Pioneered by Kiddforce and Sues with the Sewers and the Hive, we have come a long way since then. We are really humbled and impressed by the passion the community has always shown on Reddit, Realmeye and Discord when it comes to suggesting or designing content ideas for the game.
To take that creativity even further, we wanted to give you the means to breathe life into these concepts. Releasing the documentation and enabling XML enthusiasts is the first step we make in that direction.
For now, it will only be the specifications. It covers the basics of how to make your own monster! Included are also more advanced topics, like Orders, Tags, Embeds, a list of all Behaviors, and more!
We are looking forward to seeing if this project picks up and if so, are fully ready to support content made by the Community for the Community.
So without much further ado, head here to visit the documentation