RimWorld

RimWorld

Simple sidearms
Damokles Jan 11, 2020 @ 6:58am
Auto Change between Weapon and Tool
There are a lot of mods that add tools to the game.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1838946720
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1702013658
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1526599749
and so on.

Since they are equipped as weapons it would be great to treat them as sidearms and automatically equip them based on the work performed, e.g. equip the weapon that gives the highest stat bonus relevant to the current task. This could also work when having multiple infused weapons.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731287727

Or just introduce another category for work that is automatically equipped outside of combat.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
PeteTimesSix  [developer] Feb 24, 2020 @ 10:37am 
Not much of a fan of those kind of mods, really (theyre basically adding pointless complexity that Rimworld managed to abstract away), but it has been a thing on the backburner for a while. Who knows, I might eventually get around to it - or make a toolbelt mod or something.
PeteTimesSix  [developer] Feb 29, 2020 @ 4:37pm 
Hey guess what adding this was more sanity-preserving than chasing bugs. Ta-da!
blank Apr 3, 2020 @ 7:26am 
Dont know where excactly I should post this, but the "cleaver" from Vanilla Weapons Expanded isn't switched to, while cooking or butchering. Nor is the scalpel for surgery.
Nesano Jul 23, 2020 @ 1:43pm 
It probably would've been better to make it so you didn't need to equip the tool to benefit from it.
Hail!
If i may say, for now it seems to be working somewhat right, but i've noticed that sometimes, it chooses randomly depending on the tools. For exemple, for some reason, while constructing or desconstructing, it gives preference to the wrench (Vanila Weapons Expanded) than the Hammer (Again, Vanilla Weapons Expadnded).
In theory, the Hammer is the superior tool, stats wise.
Something on the configs of those tools are not gettting the right stats, i guess.

So, if possible, an expansion on the options, where we can select tools for what category of work, and their priorities?
Drayco84 Nov 11, 2020 @ 11:20pm 
^^^
I agree with this, or even just a "default equipped" option where it switches to weapons when drafted or getting attacked. Which, TBH, might be easier than adding compatibility for other mods as Royalty has added Persona weapons and staves that have unique traits that might be an "everyday carry" deal, but you want to switch to your face-cleaver in actual combat.
Alfuken Dec 23, 2020 @ 8:28am 
+1 for drafted/undrafted switch. Maybe it even makes sense as a separate mod?
Having two slots for two states, one for drafted state, one for undrafted, as simple as that.
ignis Feb 11, 2021 @ 5:05am 
Would be nice to suppress equip sound when switching between tools and weapons. Some of them are quite annoying.
Derachi Jun 29, 2021 @ 8:45am 
Originally posted by SetArk <Nyanverick 07>:
Hail!
If i may say, for now it seems to be working somewhat right, but i've noticed that sometimes, it chooses randomly depending on the tools. For exemple, for some reason, while constructing or desconstructing, it gives preference to the wrench (Vanila Weapons Expanded) than the Hammer (Again, Vanilla Weapons Expadnded).
In theory, the Hammer is the superior tool, stats wise.
Something on the configs of those tools are not gettting the right stats, i guess.

So, if possible, an expansion on the options, where we can select tools for what category of work, and their priorities?

This functionality would be really good, so one can force the usage of the hammer (+33% speed, +25% success) instead of the wrench, (+15% success) or this is recognized correctly by the mod.
Maybe it has something to do with the order of the bonuses? (weight of success higher than speed, hammer has speed first so it would be a "lesser" item?)
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50