Starbound

Starbound

Extended Story
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Void Eye Gaming  [developer] Jun 16, 2017 @ 3:55pm
Bug Reports
This discussion is where you should post anything that you perceive as a bug.
Bug reports should include the location(i.e. biome type / mission) that the bug occurred in and the exact steps one must take to trigger the bug. A description of the bug would also be helpful.
To create a pastebin log URL, you need to:
  • Go to your Starbound directory
  • Go to storage
  • Open starbound.log
  • Do Ctrl + A
  • Do Ctrl + C
  • Go to pastebin[pastebin.com]
  • Do Ctrl + V
  • Click on Create New Paste
  • Copy the URL of the newly-created pastebin
  • Paste it in your bug report.

If you have a bug that falls under the "unknown source conflicts" category in the "Compatibility" section, please try to find which mod is causing the conflict.
Last edited by Void Eye Gaming; Jul 9, 2022 @ 2:11pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 399 comments
Terra Jul 24, 2017 @ 12:51am 
I have a bit of an issue with the B.O.T. boss where it's laser attack causes the game to constaintly lose fps until it just freezes entirely.
Void Eye Gaming  [developer] Jul 24, 2017 @ 7:46am 
Does this happen when you use the Gamma-Ray Burst against the minions?
There is a similar bug in which the game is overloaded with particles; the game will freeze non-stop during this occurance.
Last edited by Void Eye Gaming; Jul 24, 2017 @ 7:56am
Void Eye Gaming  [developer] Jul 24, 2017 @ 7:57am 
Originally posted by terrathedragon:
I have a bit of an issue with the B.O.T. boss where it's laser attack causes the game to constaintly lose fps until it just freezes entirely.
Can you specifically describe it? When using a specific item, does the problem occur?
Last edited by Void Eye Gaming; Jul 24, 2017 @ 7:58am
Terra Jul 24, 2017 @ 12:44pm 
no, it just happens when the boss uses his laser attack. i didn't use any items just to check.
Void Eye Gaming  [developer] Jul 24, 2017 @ 3:16pm 
Originally posted by terrathedragon:
no, it just happens when the boss uses his laser attack. i didn't use any items just to check.
Apparently, it's an fps drop during the laser attack. Does this happen with the erchius horror?
Terra Jul 24, 2017 @ 3:55pm 
it used to, but it was fixed in an update.
"/spawnitem supervoidobilterator" doesn't work unless the item isn't in the game yet.
Void Eye Gaming  [developer] Sep 27, 2017 @ 3:26pm 
Originally posted by Fergus:
"/spawnitem supervoidobilterator" doesn't work unless the item isn't in the game yet.
You have a typo. Before submitting a bug like that, be sure to check your spelling.
face Oct 1, 2017 @ 7:16am 
Whenever I try to spawn the Super Void Obliterator it always give me the Perfectly Generic item insted of the weapon. Also I have no idea where the Supervoid Node is?
Void Eye Gaming  [developer] Oct 1, 2017 @ 4:54pm 
Originally posted by Eman Tresni:
Whenever I try to spawn the Super Void Obliterator it always give me the Perfectly Generic item insted of the weapon. Also I have no idea where the Supervoid Node is?
When spawning items, you HAVE to make the ID exact. Any typos or such will give you a perfectly generic item. Also, supervoid nodes are structures that very rarely spawn on any world. I might change that or try to make it more common. I can tell that this will become very, very annoying. The nodes always seem to spawn on eternally burning planets. BE SURE TO BOOKMARK THE PLACE THAT YOU FOUND THE SUPERVOID NODE; YOU'RE MORE THAN LIKELY TO DIE FROM THE ENEMIES THERE!
Last edited by Void Eye Gaming; Oct 1, 2017 @ 5:00pm
face Oct 3, 2017 @ 7:48pm 
I found the Supervoid Node teleporter. However, I was able to mine the teleporter then put it in my ship. Is that meant to happen?
Void Eye Gaming  [developer] Oct 4, 2017 @ 1:44pm 
Originally posted by Spoop:
I found the Supervoid Node teleporter. However, I was able to mine the teleporter then put it in my ship. Is that meant to happen?
I didn't make it so it is protected. I'll bump up the health on that thing by a ton.
face Oct 4, 2017 @ 7:33pm 
I completed the mission but the only reward I got was a Perfectly Generic Item
Void Eye Gaming  [developer] Oct 5, 2017 @ 1:41pm 
Originally posted by Spoop:
I completed the mission but the only reward I got was a Perfectly Generic Item
That is not normal! Can you post the log? You really need to post the log.
Last edited by Void Eye Gaming; Oct 5, 2017 @ 1:43pm
GamemanX748 Oct 5, 2017 @ 6:14pm 
Gettin same problem as well.
https://pastebin.com/qT8eJbLp
only relevent error i could track from spawning with admin, i made sure to spell it right going from the codex. Mind telling me how to get the supervoid quest so i could try to replicate what spoop is getting.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 399 comments
Per page: 1530 50