Starbound

Starbound

Extended Story
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Void Eye Gaming  [developer] May 26, 2018 @ 9:55am
Feedback About the Mod
This is the place to post feedback about the mod, such as what is great about the mod or what I might need to improve on.
Here are a few major rules when it comes to posting feedback:
  • Criticism about the mod needs to be constructive.
  • Unnecessary hate is prohibited
  • Please explain what exactly you do and don't like about the mod.
Last edited by Void Eye Gaming; Jul 20, 2020 @ 3:18pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
In my opinion, you should rework a little the poison dungeon:

-the three maze mini bosses are useless, they drop nothing and don't really anoy you in your travel, you should make them a little more powerfull, drop something or make door that open only when you kill them to force you to fight them.

-the boss of the dungeon is not my favorite of the mod. except the wave attack, the laser attack, the poison mine that launch the boss and the toxoling that do far more damage than the boss itself, it has nothing changed from Ixodoom.

-except the three mini bosses and the toxoling, there is not any ennemies in the dungeon .
Void Eye Gaming  [developer] May 27, 2018 @ 7:58pm 
Originally posted by Dededee's Bizarre Adventure:

-the three maze mini bosses are useless, they drop nothing and don't really anoy you in your travel, you should make them a little more powerfull, drop something or make door that open only when you kill them to force you to fight them.

-the boss of the dungeon is not my favorite of the mod. except the wave attack, the laser attack, the poison mine that launch the boss and the toxoling that do far more damage than the boss itself, it has nothing changed from Ixodoom.

-except the three mini bosses and the toxoling, there is not any ennemies in the dungeon .
I was extremely lazy when working on Toxinia; I'm planning on making a complete rework on the Toxinia boss fight: Toxinia will look like an actual spider(arachnophobes beware), and it will have a completely different set of attacks. I think I should also make all or some of the attacks require the ancient sphere since the player would have already gotten it at the time of encountering this boss.
Originally posted by Lunar Eye Gaming:

I was extremely lazy when working on Toxinia; I'm planning on making a complete rework on the Toxinia boss fight: Toxinia will look like an actual spider(arachnophobes beware), and it will have a completely different set of attacks. I think I should also make all or some of the attacks require the ancient sphere since the player would have already gotten it at the time of encountering this boss.
thanks
I know you plan to improve microdungeons of the extended story biome but I'm wonder something about that.

-I've seen there is more chance to find portal microdungeon in surface in nuclear wasteland biome? (I've seen a planet with more than 6 different dungeon with portal in this biome)

-why in all Extended Story planets, there is basically the same underground microdungeon than looks like a pagoda with sarcophageus?
Void Eye Gaming  [developer] Jun 1, 2018 @ 1:24pm 
I know you plan to improve microdungeons of the extended story biome but I'm wonder something about that.

-I've seen there is more chance to find portal microdungeon in surface in nuclear wasteland biome? (I've seen a planet with more than 6 different dungeon with portal in this biome)

-why in all Extended Story planets, there is basically the same underground microdungeon than looks like a pagoda with sarcophageus?
When I made the biomes, I was rushing and chose to not change the microdungeons. I used crystal caves as a base for each underground biome.
Originally posted by Lunar Eye Gaming:

When I made the biomes, I was rushing and chose to not change the microdungeons. I used crystal caves as a base for each underground biome.
thanks for the answer
turner148 Jun 6, 2018 @ 3:40pm 
Should probably rework the ancient set. Donning the whole set practically makes you invincible due to how the defense stat works, being based on percentage resisted rather than damage blocked. Maybe make its total 95 rather than 121? Also, any plans to add compatibility with this mod? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=823739640 Tier 7-10 Lightning Blade would make it a lot more viable.
Also, here's the wiki for more indepth analysis on the Defense Stat.
https://starbounder.org/Defense
Last edited by turner148; Jun 6, 2018 @ 3:41pm
Void Eye Gaming  [developer] Jun 6, 2018 @ 5:50pm 
Originally posted by turner148:
Should probably rework the ancient set. Donning the whole set practically makes you invincible due to how the defense stat works, being based on percentage resisted rather than damage blocked. Maybe make its total 95 rather than 121? Also, any plans to add compatibility with this mod? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=823739640 Tier 7-10 Lightning Blade would make it a lot more viable.
Also, here's the wiki for more indepth analysis on the Defense Stat.
https://starbounder.org/Defense
The Ancient Set's defense is based off of the Alternate Defense Curve mod.
Here is my review of the new update:

-Redid the bossvault, noticed that there is a new bossvault for grind (farming ancient fragment anc core?).
-seen the new ancient ruin (rip Mama poptop) and fight the new spawngate.
-fought the polished Ancient One, It looks nicier (even if there is always the édoesn't regen boss life when you die" glitch)
-fought the new ancient boss (also rip Ancient Avatar yet), I love the new boss. His patern is very different from all other Terraria like bosses.
-Noticed the new weapons.
-Laughed at ancient slingshot (seriously? why not a blowgun?)
-Laughed like a crazy sadistic during "destroy the entire planet with destruction cannon"process.
-Loved all other destruction weapon.
-Noticed that supreme ion cannon alt attack is nerfed (now it the alternative attack of destructive trident (the wyvern thing) which is op)
-Changed the wiki when I've seen new weapon
-Changed the wiki for the new nice looking boss
-Fought again the Supervoid Eye.
-Seen there is nothing changed in the first phase.
-Been little sad when killed the Supervoid Eye.
-Been little terrified when I have seen I have not killed the Supervoid Eye.
-Have no Idea how to move and avoid all new bullet hell attack except using ancient sphere.
-Hurted by one projectile who did one half of mmy healthbar with Ancient set.
-/admin ;(
-seen the last phase of the boss.
-cried seeing the new final cutscene.

No seriously love the new update. the new ancient boss is very nice and the final boss REALLY hard (we have finally reached the Touhou boss in Starbound). The only thing I don't like with the new final boss is the glowing purple background which make me eye hurted. That background don't let me see the fast projectiles coming.
But I love It.

edit: forgot the Destroyer superboss. love the fact that you have created a terraria like boss which is summonable everywhere. Also very destructive boss, I think I should add a template about mod stuff that can destroy everything
Last edited by The Snopingasusual; Jul 3, 2018 @ 2:19am
Just finished the true last boss in regular way, It's amazing!
I am here to review the latest update:
-The irradiated Dragon is well hidden but for a secret boss, it seems easy in my opinion and the reward is not very interesting, just a lot of radyite ore that are no purpose except to craft elementite. But it stay a cool boss because of the numerous improvement if we look at the bone dragon, its vanilla counterpart

-The supervoid planet is good because that made the final quest easier to start and the style is very chaotic like the supervoid eye being.

-The forgotten biome is very interesting and original with a lot of new mobs and the fact there is a biome below the biome is cool.

-I've not tried all the rotten weapons yet but they seems ok.

-The annihilator boss is better than the Irradiated Dragon for me and the second phase is VERY different of the first one but again the reward is not very interesting, just fabric liquid that can be found in any core abyss (and a lot of money but I take this because I like money).
ps: just found you're going to make annihilator weapon, nevermind.

-I've not seen the new tech because I've no idea how to gain them.

-I've not seen the core layer new biome and I'm scared of the number of planets I have to dig to find this biome.

-The new sprite of the Destroyer is not too different of the previous sprite but more polished, so i like it.

Good update.
Last edited by The Snopingasusual; Sep 5, 2018 @ 1:46am
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50