Stellaris

Stellaris

ST: New Horizons
Megastructures
Hi there. I am looking for some help with building megastructures. The tech has been unlocked and the resources are available. I can build the orbital defenses and starbase, but then I seem limited to building anymore. I have similar problems with building other special megastructures. I am sure there's a simple explanation. Any help will be appreciated.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Who are you playing as?
Ruin Apr 20 @ 9:56am 
May seem like a silly question, but your previous megastructure has completed building first, right?

They can take several years to build, and you cannot build more than one at a time, so if you're still building one, you cannot build another until the first is complete...

But yeah, more detail is required...

Who are you playing?
What structure are you building exactly?
Are you building it around an appropriate planet/spacial body?
Ravagewolf Apr 20 @ 12:00pm 
Hi there. Thanks for the reply. I have waited until the megastructure is complete. I am playing as Earth/Federation. From my understanding most megastructures can be built as long as you have a colonised planet. If this is not the case it's something I will need to learn. Once I have built orbital batteries, there's seem a long delay before I can build anymore on another system.
Ruin Apr 20 @ 6:16pm 
Which mega structure are you trying to build?
Ravagewolf Apr 21 @ 12:12pm 
The daystrum institute is one of them
Ruin Apr 22 @ 3:22am 
Originally posted by Ravagewolf:
The daystrum institute is one of them

I could be wrong, but IIRC the Daystrom Institute is actually a building that can only be built on Earth, and requires the Colony Hub to have been upgraded to a certain level before it can be built...
Ravagewolf Apr 22 @ 11:33pm 
That's great. I will check it. Thnank you
Belongs what Race you play.

The first 2 Megastructures you can build up with the United Earth / first Stage as UFP are:

1. the Utopia-Planetia-Shipyards over the Mars after the NX-01 have done the Xindi-Crises
2. the Neptun-Research-Station, which you get with choosing the Ship-Tradion-Tree or how it get called in English.

With the Mars-Terraforming project you get (if you have big luck) for the Space-Dock an Upgrade for the single Shipyard to an Utopia-Planetia-Shipyard-Upgrade.

With the End of the Mars-Terraforming-Project normaly you get the Mars-Daystrom-Institiute there. If not you get it with the Continue Terraforming-Project, if it show up then.

To get the other Upgrades or Megastructures I haven´t reached the Techs or Timeline to produce them.
That was a most useful guide. That will help a lot. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50