Stellaris

Stellaris

ST: New Horizons
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Kodiak Feb 19, 2019 @ 6:27am
Getting Started and FAQ
Getting Started

Simply subscribe to the mod on Steam and wait for it to download. The submod mod is no longer required (and will break your game if you have it!) as it is included in the base package. The music submod can be added too, for additional soundtracks.

You can also install and use one (Only 1!) of the following UIs at a time

ST: New Horizons Borg UI
ST:New Horizons Romulan UI
ST:New Horizons Klingon UI
ST:New Horizons LCARS UI
ST:New Horizons Dominion UI
ST:New Horizons Cardassian UI
ST:New Horizons Ferengi UI

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is ST: New Horizons?

A: ST: New Horizons is a mod for the Paradox game Stellaris set in the Star Trek Universe. ST: NH includes your favourite species from the Star Trek Shows and movies including the Klingons, Romulans and the dreaded Borg! With lore specific weapons and ships, ST: New Horizons is the fullest Star Trek experience for Stellaris currently available.

Q: What factions are currently available?

A: ST: NH includes 90+ playable factions. Are you a spiritualist deeply devoted to serving the Prophets? Then the Bajoran Republic is yours to command! Or do you see yourself as brilliant battle commander? Then the Klingon Empire awaits your glorious campaign! ST: NH Also includes the Profit-obsessed Ferengi, the Xenophobic Dominion and the Treacherous Romulans are all yours to play!

Q: What DLC do I need?

A: No DLC is required. However, if you have certain DLC it will add those features into the game. MegaCorp adds playable Megacorp versions of Ferengi, Karemman, Norcadians, Yridians and Orions. Without the DLC these will be regular countries. Synthetic Dawn adds playable Pralor and Cravic Automated Personnel Units. Utopia adds new slavery and purging policies, and the Oschean Hunters in the Gamma Quadrant.

Q: Why does my game crash randomly?

A: For those reporting CTDs, there are currently 3 issues which can lead to CTDs with new horizons:
We are very sorry to say that we are not able to fix these on our own. The mod itself runs super stable and (nearly) error free on both, Windows and Linux test environments. The MAC OS issue is due to a memory leak caused by the engine, it also appears rarely in the base game but seems much more likely when using big mods. All of these issues need to be solved by Paradox, there is nothing more we can help with. Of course also make sure to run always the latest version of Stellaris and STNH and deactivate other mods before reporting.

Further troubleshooting for windows 10:
- clean reinstall of video driver
- set fullScreen and borderless=no
- tick “disable full screen optimisations”
- run in win8 compatibility mode
- and in one case run in XP SP3 compat mode.

Failing that, please post in our bug report and support section or join us on Discord.

Q: Can I use other mods together with ST: New Horizons?

A: Other mods may severely impact your experience, use at your own risk. We can only guarantee compatibilty with mods that are specifically flagged as compatible on their description page.

Q: Can I use the Stellaris beta_test version together with ST: New Horizons?

A: No, we only support the most up to date version of Stellaris unless otherwise stated.

Q: Why is my save game crashing/buggy?

A: Save games from older major releases will be incompatible. Either start a new game or download the old version on the description page.

As some of you may know, Stellaris mods distributed through the Steam Workshop are subject to a 2gb size limit, which New Horizons has been close to for a while now. In order to continue to deliver great new content, we will be releasing a Content sub-mod. Going forward, new ship sets and high-res assets will be included via this sub-mod.

Q: How do I create the United Federation of Planets?

A: To form the Federation you must play as one of the 4 founding races (Human, Vulcan, Andorian, Tellarite). You must increase your relations with the other 3 empires in order to form the Federation, however, you only need two of the founding races in a Coalition with you in order for the event to fire after 15 years or so, creating the UFP.

Q: How do you get new members into the United Federation of Planets?

A: To get new members you must get them into a coalition with you, and then using the new bienniel Federation Council mechanics to enhance your relationship with them. Upon completion of this, the empire will join the Federation.

Q: Are player created factions supported?

A: Player-made empires are not currently supported by Star Trek New Horizons and this feature will not be implemented.

Q: How can I contribute and help out?

A: If you are a 2D/3D artist or have experience with coding and scripting in paradox games, please contact the team on Discord. If you'd like to help with localisation especially if you speak and write German, French, Russian, Polish, Spanish or Portuguese, please contact Zoom or Kodiak on Discord.

Q: My launcher shows the mod saying it's out of date
It's just the launcher being a pain in the arse. You can fix it via:

Exit Stellaris.
Navigate to C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod
Delete all ugc_######.mod files
Move up one folder to C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris
Delete launcher-v2.sqlite file (this will reset your mod list and order in the launcher)
Restart Stellaris

Q: Kann ich ST:NH auch auf Deutsch spielen?

A: Ja ST:NH kann man auch auf Deutsch spielen, zur Zeit wird jede Neuerung auf Englisch eingebunden. Letztlich wollen wir unsere Mod in allen verfügbaren Sprachen anbieten können, dafür benötigen wir eure Unterstützung. Im Paradox Forum findet ihr dazu entsprechende Hilfe: Hier.
Last edited by Kodiak; Nov 5, 2020 @ 6:29am