Total War: WARHAMMER III

Total War: WARHAMMER III

[BETA] Sigmar's Heirs, an Empire Overhaul
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Xoudad  [developer] Nov 20, 2022 @ 3:37pm
Swords of the Emperor
"There is much wrong in the way that the Empire runs itself, Bloch. Many who rule do not deserve to. Many who are ruled could make a better fist of it. You’re a fighting man. You’ve seen armies commanded by fools and good men led into ruin by them. But there’s opportunity in battle. Mettle will always show itself. There are men in the Empire who know how to reward talent and how to ignore low birth. The Emperor, Sigmar keeps him, is one. It is to him I owe my station, not to my breeding. And so it is with me. I need good men around me. I’d like you to be one of them."
—Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Emperor's Sword of Justice

3 famously known characters of the Empire are available from my Game 2 mod, co-creation from Willemsen and Shawmuscle :

Sword of Vengeance

Originally posted by Loremaster:
Kurt Helborg is the 8th and current Grand Master of the Reiksguard Knights, Reiksmarshal of the Empire's military forces and one of Emperor Karl Franz's most trusted military commanders.Tall and strong, Kurt Helborg is the very image of a heroic warrior, his armour polished to a mirror sheen and his sword arm as strong as his courage is unbending. As the Grand Master of the Reiksguard, Helborg commands the loyalty of one of the Empire's mightiest military corps. As the Reiksmarshal, Kurt Helborg is also commander of all the Empire's armed forces, second only to the Emperor himself.

Kurt Helborg is presented as the mightiest hero and commander of the Empire, equipped with the Solland runefang and the Laurels of Victory :
  • His model and horse barding are custom models thanks to Willemsen and Shawmuscle !
  • Custom moustache, skill tree and items
  • Spawns to your LL pool once you've built the Castle Reiksguard

Sword of Justice

Ludwig Schwarzhelm, known as the Emperor's Champion or the Emperor's Sword of Justice is the personal bodyguard of Karl Franz and bearer of his personal battle standard. Ludwig is a towering figure of a man, renowned throughout the Empire for his mighty physique, stern expression and deadly martial skills. The Emperor's champion is said to have never smiled in his life and his reputation as an uncompromising, incorruptible warrior is one Ludwig has consciously cultivated over the years.

Ludwig Schwarzhelm is presented as a rough character, wearing the ancient armour of the Emperor's Champions, the Emperor battle standard and the Sword of Justice :
  • His model and horse barding are custom models thanks to Willemsen and Shawmuscle !
  • Custom moustache, skills and items
  • Spawns at start for Karl Franz
  • Custom animated banner by Marthenil and iconography [HN]

Hans Zintler

A fourth figure cleared his throat then – Hans Zintler, the Reikscaptain. In Helborg’s absence he was the highest ranking military officer, and carried himself suitably formally, with a brass-buttoned jerkin and short riding cloak. His black moustache was neatly trimmed across a broad-jawed face.

Hans Zintler is not a major figure of the Empire but a major one in the Reiksguard as the Reikscaptain :
  • Unlocked via Helborg Skill Tree, he will spawn when you get his Grand Master skill
  • Abilities enabled only when embedded within Helborg’s army
Last edited by Xoudad; Nov 20, 2022 @ 3:38pm
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
LaBamba Nov 23, 2022 @ 11:26am 
Where is Felix Jaeger? A two time savior of Nuln and slayer of cultists. Felix is able to 1 on 1 gotrek in orc slayer for a good minute! Commander a group of great swords against the onslaught of Heinrich Kemmlerr's undead horde of zombies and defeating him. The Chad even banished Be'lakor. The biggest evidence is that he has more book than even Tyrian and Teclis. I know he is in the game already but he should also be in the roster of empire heros, with actual skill line and stay around forever. If you do not mind modding him that way. Also I do not understand why CA made gotrek a general instead of felix as felix had experience commanding troops.
Tunch Khan Nov 23, 2022 @ 11:58am 
Originally posted by LaBamba:
Where is Felix Jaeger? ... Also I do not understand why CA made gotrek a general instead of felix as felix had experience commanding troops.
But he did not graduate from the school.
GLaDOS_cz Jan 5, 2023 @ 10:12pm 
Originally posted by LaBamba:
Where is Felix Jaeger? A two time savior of Nuln and slayer of cultists. Felix is able to 1 on 1 gotrek in orc slayer for a good minute! Commander a group of great swords against the onslaught of Heinrich Kemmlerr's undead horde of zombies and defeating him. The Chad even banished Be'lakor. The biggest evidence is that he has more book than even Tyrian and Teclis. I know he is in the game already but he should also be in the roster of empire heros, with actual skill line and stay around forever. If you do not mind modding him that way. Also I do not understand why CA made gotrek a general instead of felix as felix had experience commanding troops.
There is mod already that changes Gotrek and Felix into heroes with skill tree and for forever.
Would you ever consider making a separate swords of the empire mod? I love your mod but I prefer to not use any reskins, and remember your mod adding so much flavour in game II.
Xoudad  [developer] Feb 18, 2023 @ 1:15pm 
I won’t make a separate mod, if you don’t want the provincial units, you can still make the vanilla barracks.
Thank you for the straightforward answer!
OMGMiracle Apr 8, 2023 @ 12:43am 
Thank you for such an awesome mod!!. I really appreciate your work and enjoying it fully. However I know you said you want make separate mod for your Sigmars'heir but will you please be kind enough to make separate mod for this Swords of the Emperor mod? I really like your mod but sadly I want to play more vanilla style game with new characters but I couldn't find any other mods that adds these characters :(. I don't want to be rude but I would really appreciate if you can make a separate mod. Thank you!
Lampros Apr 20, 2023 @ 2:49pm 
Originally posted by OMGMiracle:
Thank you for such an awesome mod!!. I really appreciate your work and enjoying it fully. However I know you said you want make separate mod for your Sigmars'heir but will you please be kind enough to make separate mod for this Swords of the Emperor mod? I really like your mod but sadly I want to play more vanilla style game with new characters but I couldn't find any other mods that adds these characters :(. I don't want to be rude but I would really appreciate if you can make a separate mod. Thank you!

Same here. I'd really rather have those three heroes separately, without having to take all the rest that comes with this mod.
Xoudad  [developer] Apr 20, 2023 @ 11:43pm 
Still nope
OMGMiracle May 6, 2023 @ 7:00am 
I don't want to be rude or anything but the reason why I can't use your mod is because the additional building you added is conflicting with landmark mods which changes not just empire but all other factions... so that is why I wanted the unit only mod... Sad that the mod is great but I can't use it properly :( Thank you though
Xoudad  [developer] May 6, 2023 @ 10:40am 
Hey! My mod is compatible with other landmark mods, I added the compatibility. It changes the order the buildings display but it doesn’t affect other factions in other ways, so not sure what you mean by properly.. feel free to share screenshots on my Discord.
Heretix Sep 6, 2023 @ 5:40am 
Originally posted by Xoudad:
"There is much wrong in the way that the Empire runs itself, Bloch. Many who rule do not deserve to. Many who are ruled could make a better fist of it. You’re a fighting man. You’ve seen armies commanded by fools and good men led into ruin by them. But there’s opportunity in battle. Mettle will always show itself. There are men in the Empire who know how to reward talent and how to ignore low birth. The Emperor, Sigmar keeps him, is one. It is to him I owe my station, not to my breeding. And so it is with me. I need good men around me. I’d like you to be one of them."
—Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Emperor's Sword of Justice

3 famously known characters of the Empire are available from my Game 2 mod, co-creation from Willemsen and Shawmuscle :

Sword of Vengeance

Kurt Helborg is the 8th and current Grand Master of the Reiksguard Knights, Reiksmarshal of the Empire's military forces and one of Emperor Karl Franz's most trusted military commanders.Tall and strong, Kurt Helborg is the very image of a heroic warrior, his armour polished to a mirror sheen and his sword arm as strong as his courage is unbending. As the Grand Master of the Reiksguard, Helborg commands the loyalty of one of the Empire's mightiest military corps. As the Reiksmarshal, Kurt Helborg is also commander of all the Empire's armed forces, second only to the Emperor himself.

Kurt Helborg is presented as the mightiest hero and commander of the Empire, equipped with the Solland runefang and the Laurels of Victory :
  • Custom moustache, skill tree and items
  • Spawns to your LL pool once you've built the Castle Reiksguard

Sword of Justice

Ludwig Schwarzhelm, known as the Emperor's Champion or the Emperor's Sword of Justice is the personal bodyguard of Karl Franz and bearer of his personal battle standard. Ludwig is a towering figure of a man, renowned throughout the Empire for his mighty physique, stern expression and deadly martial skills. The Emperor's champion is said to have never smiled in his life and his reputation as an uncompromising, incorruptible warrior is one Ludwig has consciously cultivated over the years.

Ludwig Schwarzhelm is presented as a rough character, wearing the ancient armour of the Emperor's Champions, the Emperor battle standard and the Sword of Justice :
  • Spawns at start for Karl Franz
  • Custom animated banner by Marthenil and iconography [HN]

Hans Zintler

A fourth figure cleared his throat then – Hans Zintler, the Reikscaptain. In Helborg’s absence he was the highest ranking military officer, and carried himself suitably formally, with a brass-buttoned jerkin and short riding cloak. His black moustache was neatly trimmed across a broad-jawed face.

Hans Zintler is not a major figure of the Empire but a major one in the Reiksguard as the Reikscaptain :
  • Unlocked via Helborg Skill Tree, he will spawn when you get his Grand Master skill
  • Abilities enabled only when embedded within Helborg’s army
I read the warhammer book, that contains that conversation. Great series.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50