Total War: WARHAMMER III

Total War: WARHAMMER III

SFO: Grimhammer III - UPDATE IN PROGRESS
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Venris  [developer] Apr 28, 2022 @ 11:49am
BALANCE Thread
Campaign

You can post your suggestion about campaign factions. Faction x is too strong, I tested it only with SFO and on 5+ games etc.. Posts without detailed info will be ignored.

AND PLEASE KEEP IT SHORT

Battles

Units balance will be ignored if it wont be tested in custom battle before. Campaign is never good place for such tests.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 329 comments
SandWhale Apr 30, 2022 @ 9:36pm 
Regular seeker chariots seem to outperform their exalted counterparts despite being much cheaper and easier to get. Charging face first into celestial dragon guard in a custom battle they did substantially more damage and cleaned up the unit much faster. Tested on Ultra unit scale.
Venris  [developer] May 1, 2022 @ 12:28am 
@SandWhale: I will look on them thank you.
ArcLight May 1, 2022 @ 12:54am 
Adding max targets to overcast fleshy abundance seems like a hard nerf, considering it costs 28 WOM without any reductions. If capped, hard cap at 4 seems a bit harsh considering all nurgle chain skills (hexes, buffs) affect up to 5 targets so if anything minimum should be at 5. I feel that for cost of 28 WOM should hit at least 7 targets ( to get 4 WOM per unit healed), max 9 (roughly 3 WOM per unit healed), but keep the 30% HP max heal cap.
Venris  [developer] May 1, 2022 @ 12:59am 
@ArcLight: It had max targets in vanilla, game just dont show that value :). You need to understand that NONE of vanilla abilities is showing affected units and entities when 90% of them have such values in tables. The more you know!
Last edited by Venris; May 1, 2022 @ 1:00am
ArcLight May 1, 2022 @ 1:11am 
Originally posted by Venris:
@ArcLight: It had max targets in vanilla, game just dont show that value :). You need to understand that NONE of vanilla abilities is showing affected units and entities when 90% of them have such values in tables. The more you know!

Good to know, I didn't notice it even tho I passed VH/VH nurgle :P (it was pain as no decent AP or Anti Large).

There is one more thing with spells that I found out tho. Didn't check if its listed yet anywhere or is it more of a bug or balance issue, but while I'm here.
in short: most spells seem right with descriptions: if it says increased AP dmg it is usually at 100% so it goes like 40>80 or something or some % increase from 33% to 40% AP and so.

One lore that does seem to have issue with it is Lore of Yang.
Wall of wind and fire upgraded > increased AP dmg, it's from 0 to 33% AP
Dragons breath upgraded > increased AP dmg, dmg is up double, but AP is still at 20%
Constellation of the dragon upgraded > increased AP dmg, dmg is up, AP still at 33%

So lore of Yang is only that is not consistent with it's descriptions compared to other new lores.

I'll be back once I test some more of your favourite ogres to see how stats compare now and killing potential since they had issues with vigor in vanilla.
Venris  [developer] May 1, 2022 @ 1:29am 
Dragons Breath = upgraded both damage and ap so its same %.
Constellation of The Dragon = same thing.

Math :).
ArcLight May 1, 2022 @ 6:12am 
Originally posted by Venris:
Dragons Breath = upgraded both damage and ap so its same %.
Constellation of The Dragon = same thing.

Math :).

I understand the math, but if spell does let's say 50 dmg with 20% AP it's 40/10 split. Upgrading damage double with same split is gives it same split and I see that as "increased damage", not increased AP damage. Doing 100 dmg with 30% split to have a 70/30 instead of 80/20 would be "increased AP damage", IMHO as you are changing the multiplyer, not damage in linear fashion..

This is what I'm saying that in that case description is wrong.
All spells that have "increased AP damage" either do change the % or they are 100% AP so it doesn't matter. Spells that have "increased damage" either keep the multiplyer or just straight on double up.

Having the "increased AP dmg" on CoTD and DB spells in Yang lore in that case seems either: A) not streamlined with other spells descriptions; B) not adjusted multiplyers.
With what you described Venris seems to me that it's intended so it looks like it's A) Not streamlined with other spells.

And I'll be honest that I didn't go over the old spells books (like death, shadows and so), I've just focused on new lores, so I can't speak of SFO2> SFO3 consistency in that case :)
Messuri May 1, 2022 @ 8:36am 
Edit: nvm.
Last edited by Messuri; May 1, 2022 @ 5:03pm
Venris  [developer] May 1, 2022 @ 11:58am 
@Messuri: This mod does not affect campaign aspects at all, only battles.
Venris  [developer] May 6, 2022 @ 12:24am 
@Phantom: Hey, wait, recruit Skarbrand? Gobal recruitment time for Khorne is based on amount of won battles, net per lord. Its vanilla thing that we are not changing in any way.
Taine May 8, 2022 @ 5:27am 
Ku'gath seems to be alot stronger of a combatant than any other lord i've played as so far.
Although hes insanely weak in the autoresolve
Last edited by Taine; May 8, 2022 @ 5:43am
Venris  [developer] May 8, 2022 @ 12:06pm 
@Taine: Mods cant change autoresolve for specific units or factions.
spie May 8, 2022 @ 5:35pm 
Lighht warsleds are overtuned. Most of the demon factions have no real ability to counter them until late game. They have 125 Majority AP weapon strength with 20 bonus vs infantry which is stronger than literally every other melee chariot in the series other than exalted seekers. They also provide AOE damage buffs that push their weapon strength even higher. They do about 4500-5500 damage to infantry in frontal charges while still having good missile kiting capabilities. Anything that can beat them in melee is too slow and anything that can catch them loses in a brawl. Ranged infantry can somewhat deal with them at range but the AI will just charge them.
weekend soldier May 25, 2022 @ 3:56am 
Units especially that have many models have too much hp, as a result missile units are very weak and they have no place in the army like kossars or blue horrors. It feels like blue horrors hitting a concrete wall and kossars firing pointed napkin.
Last edited by weekend soldier; May 25, 2022 @ 3:56am
Meat_Cycle Jun 3, 2022 @ 10:24am 
Kairos is a bit strong early game due to the exalted lord of change infinite mana ability. I don't think it should be removed but maybe attached to the skill line. Turn 1 and kairos can basically solo any settlement battle if you know how to hide from towers.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 329 comments
Per page: 1530 50