Total War: ROME REMASTERED

Total War: ROME REMASTERED

RTR: Imperium Surrectum 0.6.5
FallenZulu Nov 22, 2023 @ 8:09pm
Crash to desktop issues.
This problem only arose after the 100 turn mark while playing Macedon. First it became the issue of CTD when first loading the campaign, second try usually works. Then it CTD when end my turn and it usually happens on the Free People faction, I reload the game and the problem goes away, only to happen again the next turn for a few tries until it goes away.

It seems like it CTD consistently on those two areas until it doesn't. Anyone know what's happening?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
ashl3yb3an2009 Nov 23, 2023 @ 10:46am 
I'm having the same issue also and have no idea why its happening, playing as Masaesyli
FallenZulu Nov 23, 2023 @ 7:03pm 
I hope the mods are aware of this issue and are trying to find the fix. Enough people seem to be experiencing this issue.
little_tsparrow Nov 26, 2023 @ 12:53am 
i can play 2 maybe 3 turns, after turn 100 and then crash, any leads on this and why it is happening?
GEGEJAMES Nov 29, 2023 @ 8:46am 
For the 03rd time it is impossible for me to finish my game, I am on the 218th Round and it is impossible for me to move on to the 219th round. Once again hours and hours of games for nothing!! I have the latest computer, a memory card and a graphics card from space and yet the crash is total!! still image, task manager stuck, forced to log out to restart STEAM if one of the creators of this mod had an explanation I'd be happy to know it
GEGEJAMES Nov 30, 2023 @ 9:30am 
I don't know anything about computers... But given the transformation this game has undergone (incredible map, large number of factions), the "element"
who manages the flow of information round after lap, must not be up to the task required. That's really the effect it gives. For me, once the lap starts, you can see that it works, the handlebars start to fill up and crash!! It would be good if everyone who encounters this problem would say so
mrlahey Dec 4, 2023 @ 10:32am 
I too have this problem. Multiple campaigns
Mr.Necrophile Dec 4, 2023 @ 11:06am 
@GEGEJAMES - it's got nothing to do with your PC and probably everything to do with engine limitations. I am getting this same issue, though it happens on end turn on random factions, sometimes when I click on the different settlement info/recruitment tabs (during my turn). I've not yet had it where I can't reload and everything works, thankfully.

I'd recommend going on their Discord for more info as it is busier than here.
mrlahey Dec 6, 2023 @ 5:47pm 
Brothers and sisters I have found the fix. In the advanced options launch bar type "disable_logging" Good playing to you all. May your campaigns reach the year 2000
mrlahey Dec 6, 2023 @ 5:55pm 
maybe i was wrong but I did get about 10 turns before a crash
Grim Rappa Dec 8, 2023 @ 9:19am 
I've had it happen to Romans,Macedon and Athens. Lost three campaigns. Various turns too from 47 to 147. It always crashes on free peoples.
Mine was being caused by the rebel mass army bug. After I used console commands to destroy their factions I haven't crashed since.
FallenZulu Dec 12, 2023 @ 9:39pm 
I'm still on the same campaign, Macadon on turn 312. I just power through it, strangely I had whole play times(1-2 hours) without a single crash. Other times it would crash on different factions like the Thracians. It's truly random for me. I think the main cause it just factions doing something that overloads the game. Because when I re-load it back up I can end turn without it crashing, only for it to either not crash or have it crash in the same area.
State Line Crosser Dec 12, 2023 @ 10:18pm 
Originally posted by FallenZulu:
I'm still on the same campaign, Macadon on turn 312. I just power through it, strangely I had whole play times(1-2 hours) without a single crash. Other times it would crash on different factions like the Thracians. It's truly random for me. I think the main cause it just factions doing something that overloads the game. Because when I re-load it back up I can end turn without it crashing, only for it to either not crash or have it crash in the same area.
It's definitely the factions doing things. They don't always do the same thing so reloading fixes it sometimes. One of the bugged factions in my game built like 27 or the recruitment buildings.
Douka Dec 14, 2023 @ 10:14am 
Are they aware of the amount of crashes? Its been a while and none of the mods intervened to say that they are working on an update. Or its the problem too big?
FallenZulu Dec 14, 2023 @ 7:59pm 
Originally posted by State Line Crosser:
Originally posted by FallenZulu:
It's definitely the factions doing things. They don't always do the same thing so reloading fixes it sometimes. One of the bugged factions in my game built like 27 or the recruitment buildings.
I finally encountered the dreaded campaign ending bug. Where the game fails to load my saves. Fortunately I made multiple saves so the one save that is 40 turns behind my current progress is able to load. I made 3 separate saves, which created multiple auto saves. So two out of my 3 saves including the auto saves are bugged.

I am wondering now how far people have gotten turn wise in this mod?
Last edited by FallenZulu; Dec 14, 2023 @ 8:00pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
Per page: 1530 50