Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

Zoning Adjuster 1.6
M.S.Referee Apr 7, 2021 @ 10:34am
"Network Extensions 2" should work with Zoning Adjuster
I think NE2 overwrites zoning code because this option. Just need to disabled this option in "Network Extensions 2" ---> 'Tools' ----> Road Zone Modifier

Zoning Adjuster should work.

After "Harmony 2.0.4-3 (Mod Dependency)" updated and "Load Order Mod" was out, "Network Extensions 2" work again, so you can try check look again.

(By the way, now only "Unique Factory" type of building can't change color with "Repaint", other type of buildings work fine. )
Last edited by M.S.Referee; Apr 7, 2021 @ 10:39am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
algernon  [developer] Apr 9, 2021 @ 9:09pm 
Unfortunately, no, NExt2 is still incompatible with that option disabled, especially with the new functionality in Zoning Adjuster. Future feature additions to Zoning Adjuster are just going to add even more incompatibilities, and no, that's not fixable.
fahlkn Apr 11, 2021 @ 2:01pm 
I've listed found NExt2 Alternatives here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2404810559
codewitch Apr 17, 2021 @ 3:24am 
no.
codewitch Apr 17, 2021 @ 3:27am 
I would not like this change. You have been outvoted; tie breaker vote goes to author meaning you lose. @M.S.Referee
LeonardMT Apr 22, 2021 @ 9:31am 
Originally posted by algernon:
Unfortunately, no, NExt2 is still incompatible with that option disabled, especially with the new functionality in Zoning Adjuster. Future feature additions to Zoning Adjuster are just going to add even more incompatibilities, and no, that's not fixable.
Whats the code in that mod overwrites the zoning? If its that useless zoning tool I might be able to strip it out.
codewitch Apr 22, 2021 @ 2:11pm 
@LeonardMT: even if you did, all the maps, assets, mods, and other workshop assets would still reference 812125426 (NEXT2's ID) internally. Otherwise a simple "download the source code and fix it" would have already been done. The authors on the page do not plan on releasing an update, and only the original uploader can release it; not any of the contributors.
codewitch Apr 22, 2021 @ 2:18pm 
@LeonardMT You'll still need tools like Missing Net Recoverer (@Klyte45 ) and/or Replace Our Networks (RON, by the RON team). Then once your "fixed version" stopped getting updates or stopped working, we'd have the same problem all-over-again.

The original NExt started before road tools were available and continuing this way forward is just going to break things down the line in ways incompatible with other mods and the next update to C:S (as that's already happened in the "long term support period" of NExt2). Harmony 2 might be able to patch your compatibility, but if C:S sees it that we already have moved past NExt2 for these exact reasons, the next patch - even one for security vulnerabilities - might not be so forgiving, as I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for the community outrage they wouldn't have stepped in.
LeonardMT Apr 23, 2021 @ 5:50pm 
Originally posted by asterisk11231:
@LeonardMT: even if you did, all the maps, assets, mods, and other workshop assets would still reference 812125426 (NEXT2's ID) internally. Otherwise a simple "download the source code and fix it" would have already been done. The authors on the page do not plan on releasing an update, and only the original uploader can release it; not any of the contributors.

Originally posted by asterisk11231:
The original NExt started before road tools were available

I know and I am willing to take that risk as I am not going to share it. And as for the mod ID I don't think it matters as long as you have the right road because you can play with mods offline.
Last edited by LeonardMT; Apr 23, 2021 @ 5:51pm
algernon  [developer] Apr 23, 2021 @ 6:05pm 
@LeonardMT If you're willing to go that far, might I suggest that a better way to go would be to extract the NExt2 network meshes as .crp files? That would be easier and more stable long run (plus you could share them for other users, too).
codewitch Apr 23, 2021 @ 8:50pm 
I don't think there's any NExt2 roads that are really worth that much effort. There are already extracts on the workshop of a few, though most are undocumented or in...Chinese, I think.
algernon  [developer] Apr 23, 2021 @ 10:03pm 
BTW, something that also might be relevant here: the key feature planned for RON version 0.5 (currently in development) is 'intercept on load' network replacement, so you won't need the original network at all.

This will mean that you can load games with NExt2 networks without NExt2 itself (just using specified workshop - or even vanilla - replacements in-game), and will be the officially-suported way of using this mod with NExt2-legacy saves.
LeonardMT Apr 24, 2021 @ 10:50am 
BTW, something that also might be relevant here: the key feature planned for RON version 0.5 (currently in development) is 'intercept on load' network replacement, so you won't need the original network at all.

This will mean that you can load games with NExt2 networks without NExt2 itself (just using specified workshop - or even vanilla - replacements in-game), and will be the officially-suported way of using this mod with NExt2-legacy saves.
Will it also support the New Roads for NExt2 mod I'm using the fixed version (yes I know thats a terrible idea but I really like those roads)
algernon  [developer] Apr 24, 2021 @ 5:20pm 
Originally posted by LeonardMT:
Will it also support the New Roads for NExt2 mod I'm using the fixed version (yes I know thats a terrible idea but I really like those roads)

Any and all. The aim is for the configuration to be user-editable, so it will work with all networks (not just NExt2, but workshop networks, and even vanilla ones if desired).
LeonardMT Apr 24, 2021 @ 7:01pm 
Originally posted by LeonardMT:

Any and all. The aim is for the configuration to be user-editable, so it will work with all networks (not just NExt2, but workshop networks, and even vanilla ones if desired).
Okay also do you know what mode messes up the zoning code?
codewitch Apr 24, 2021 @ 10:14pm 
@LeonardMT - we've been over this. It's NExt2. Turning off "Tiny Road Zoning" option doesn't appear to help - so it must be in the override regardless of whether or not the option is present. It also conflicts with harmony 2 updates (thus some mods that aren't explicitly updated for the patch to Harmony 2, which given the state of NExt2 might have been the interim solution). Additionally if C:S wants to update it and break it again, I wouldn't count on them hotfixing it, reverting, or a hotfix to NExt2.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50