Medieval Engineers

Medieval Engineers

Water in Medieval Engineers
Oobfiche Oct 3, 2018 @ 12:41pm
Blocks that dont work or apear talk here.
any problems..
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
97cweb Oct 13, 2018 @ 5:48pm 
Hello, Is it possible for this mod to have a research sheet made that unlocks with the completion of the research, like the vanilla research tree? It cuts down on repeating the research
Mars 1 Oct 15, 2018 @ 8:58pm 
Hi here is the setup I have for attempting to make a paddle boat. This was a proof of concept.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1540316871
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1540316855
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1540316845
Ideally the sails would rotate in the wind and in turn rotate the attached catchblock/rudders providing propulsion.
The sails do rotate if they are perpendicular to the wind direction and the catchblock/ rudders rotate along with the sails. I am using a clear water mod and the 2nd rudder is fully submerged.
This setup does not provide propulsion. Is there something I am using wrong or not possible.
Thank you for the amazing mod and all your hard work.
peaceman  [developer] Oct 16, 2018 @ 7:34am 
Originally posted by Mars 1:
Hi here is the setup I have for attempting to make a paddle boat. This was a proof of concept.
Ideally the sails would rotate in the wind and in turn rotate the attached catchblock/rudders providing propulsion.
The sails do rotate if they are perpendicular to the wind direction and the catchblock/ rudders rotate along with the sails. I am using a clear water mod and the 2nd rudder is fully submerged.
This setup does not provide propulsion. Is there something I am using wrong or not possible.
Thank you for the amazing mod and all your hard work.

The rudder blocks must be on their own catchblock, they only respond to movement, not rotation. Look at the example image of the paddle boat
NorseWrath Oct 25, 2018 @ 2:43pm 
Hey! I am having a blast with your Mods Peaceman, but there is one thing I cant wrap my mind around.. How does connecting the controllable drum work? Is there no permanent connection? Whenever I try to connect one drum to another (guessing they canonly connect to eachother), one always gets a new connection pair of ropes. Does this mean that this block is only usable when in connection mode? It would be nice to have these as an alternative to tackles (since we dont have those for more "sophisticated" rope mechanics)
And again, I love the ♥♥♥♥ you make! Never stop plz xD
peaceman  [developer] Oct 26, 2018 @ 5:04pm 
Originally posted by NorseWrath:
Hey! I am having a blast with your Mods Peaceman, but there is one thing I cant wrap my mind around.. How does connecting the controllable drum work? Is there no permanent connection? Whenever I try to connect one drum to another (guessing they canonly connect to eachother), one always gets a new connection pair of ropes. Does this mean that this block is only usable when in connection mode? It would be nice to have these as an alternative to tackles (since we dont have those for more "sophisticated" rope mechanics)
And again, I love the ♥♥♥♥ you make! Never stop plz xD

You have to connect one drum to yourself, the following ones on the same channel are controlled through the first one connected. Making the connection between the first and following permanent...while possible it will be very complicated and a lot of work, and the block is already very complicated :D I do see potential for it...who knows I look into it one day :D
zloganrox08 Oct 27, 2018 @ 12:50pm 
Just started my first world with water mod. have water mod and a custom map (not sure by who, but basically the only guy that has uploaded maps with water at this point). Built a house in survival by the water, saved and closed the game. Loaded back in, and my house is half underground and all my stuff sitting out is gone. Go into spectator mode and go underground, everything is "floating" above the water, inside the ground.

To try to see what the problem was, I created a new save game in creative mode, threw together a house and set out some small grid blocks, saved and closed the game, and reloaded and that time everything was where i left it. Any idea what is going on or how to fix other than rebuilding my stuff?
Oobfiche Oct 27, 2018 @ 1:18pm 
Angel and Mari's Planets? wich one?
zloganrox08 Oct 28, 2018 @ 6:20am 
Agloria
Oobfiche Oct 28, 2018 @ 9:28am 
ok ill ask him about it since i know half the answer
Oobfiche Oct 28, 2018 @ 10:11am 
@zloganrox08 he changed the water level
zloganrox08 Oct 29, 2018 @ 7:09am 
Ah thanks. Tell him not to do that again. Luckily i only had one building built at that point lol
Einsty Jul 17, 2022 @ 2:07pm 
Work ladder built with shipsladder item yields work ladder on deconstruction/pickup but doesn't accept itself as an item to be built/placed in the world.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50