Human NPCs
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
ZoneKiller  [developer] Dec 27, 2018 @ 9:50pm
Modes of Play & Waving
--Modes of Play--
Added 4 Modes of Play
All Hostile(No wave)
Default -- All Hostile(Until waved at)
All friendly (Unless attacked by anything)
All friendly (Unless attacked by a Player)

NOTE -- You must walk with your animal in the Wild NPCs presence
NOTE -- Even friendly wild NPCs will turn hostile if startled

StartFriendly= -1 -- (-1 = Disable Wave, 0 = Not Friendly , 1 = Friendly)
OnlyPlayersUpsets=1 -- All friendly (Unless attacked by a Player) - (Requires StartFriendly=1)
AngryCoolDown=300 - Time in seconds that they stay angry for.
OnlyPlayersUpsets= --- 0 = If any dino attacks a NPC they will also target players , 1 = They will only target players if a player hurts them

--GameUserSettings--
GameUserSettings.ini Setup
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1443404076/1733210552645207209/

When they charge at you, you need to play (Wave or Friendly Lower Hands) Emote until they calm down.
If you dont feed them or you hurt or startle them, then they will get angry again (run away at this point) and they will need to relax before you can use the emote again.
This may take practice
How to use an Emote https://ark.gamepedia.com/Emotes

Note: If they dont calm down they may have been startled with in the AngryCoolDown time.
Run away and try again in a few minutes
Last edited by ZoneKiller; Jan 23, 2019 @ 2:02am
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
I.C.S. Gaming Mar 12, 2019 @ 11:23am 
@flak i guess you didnt read the lore behind the NPCs they hate dinos being used by humans.
Jasper4213 Jul 10, 2020 @ 7:19am 
iuuu
Last edited by Jasper4213; Jul 10, 2020 @ 7:19am
Dman Dec 19, 2021 @ 10:16am 
will this get updated for lost island
Thundercraft Jun 29, 2022 @ 12:55am 
Added 4 Modes of Play

I really, really wish there was a 5'th Mode of Play:

RANDOM -- Some Hostile and Some Friendly (Unless attacked by a Player)

I do want hostile NPCs. But, at the same time, I'd like to be able to recruit some NPCs without having to try to tame hostile ones.

For obvious reasons, ideally, the hostile and friendly NPCs would be grouped together by the NPC villages they are associated with. That is, everyone in a particular village would be either hostile or friendly.
ZoneKiller  [developer] Jun 29, 2022 @ 4:11pm 
@Thundercraft set them to friendly and
Change these settings
EveryThingUpsetsNPCs=0 to 1
AngryCoolDown=300 to suite

That way if a Dino has attacked a village they will be hostile for the 300 seconds or what ever you set it for that way you will get random hostile villages
kadethemann Sep 25, 2022 @ 5:45pm 
Hi, i was wondering if there is any way to stop the NPC's from spawning inside of my gated walled base with the rock? When i see the rock i just put a pillar down and it goes away after a few minutes, but I was wondering if there was some sort of safe totem, or if there could be one. I get the whole attacking my base thing, but is that suppose to be like a "Trojan Horse"? I love this mod, and so does my server. Just asking because we think it would be a cool idea so our dinos do all have to be on neutral and run every where, we like to have them on passive for egg harvesting. Thanks!
ZoneKiller  [developer] Sep 25, 2022 @ 6:33pm 
Players can put a Do Not Attack Sign to prevent base attacks
kadethemann Sep 25, 2022 @ 8:18pm 
We like that they attack the base, just not that they are spawning inside of our base walls. Its no problems if there is no way around it, just thought I would ask. Love the mod a lot, it adds a huge change in game play that i think is super cool! :)
ZoneKiller  [developer] Sep 26, 2022 @ 7:07am 
Read this in discussions Human_NPCs Base Attack & Villages
Gatlock Mar 1 @ 10:18pm 
omgs idk what they are using but they keep one hit knocking me and my creatures out. liked the idea of them being in the game but wow this one group of them felt like a bunch of rage trolls in pvp ><
also just started playing the game...and had to restart because they wiped me and my dinos out twice, first time just had a dilo, second time i just came back to recover my stuff and they multiplied and one shotted my parasaur before i knew they where around, and killed the elite dimorphadons i had wile constantly knocking me out...killed like 15 of them but still just wow. they also ran around randomly...
also if there more hostile or friendly possible to have them where different colors? or something that controls that one hit knock out on anything they do
i had to authenticate 3 times thanks to steam guard just to say stuff on a discussion WTF steam

but ok...the new apex predator spawn... humans
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50