Tabletop Simulator

Tabletop Simulator

Gloomhaven - Fantasy Setup (Scripted UI)
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Kijan  [developer] Jul 11, 2018 @ 1:42am
Scenario Setup Problems
Hiho
Please post here any problems, related to autospawning.
(To many monster, to few, wrong maps etc)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 208 comments
bskt. Jul 11, 2018 @ 6:19pm 
Hi, when I start a new game and add character mats, play mat and fill out party sheet, and try to spawn a scenario, nothing happens at all. Am I missing something?

Even if I force it by using the black thing hidden under the party sheet it spawns monsters but not map tiles....
s Jul 11, 2018 @ 6:20pm 
I think the new update broke the set up for the scenarios. We've tried a bunch of different things like reloading it from scratch but it doesn't return any error messages either when we try. Both the clicking on the map and the game setup options don't result in anything.
Orangepants Jul 11, 2018 @ 6:43pm 
Likewise here. I'm getting an error in global function <setstate> when I'm laying out a new character, which may be related to the problem.
DeWittInTheRoad Jul 11, 2018 @ 6:45pm 
same here, was working earlier today then just stopped working later this evening
Last edited by DeWittInTheRoad; Jul 11, 2018 @ 6:45pm
Mr.Hyde Jul 11, 2018 @ 7:21pm 
Looks like the scenario setup isn't working, it spawns the monsters for me but no map tiles or obstacles or anything.
Orangepants Jul 12, 2018 @ 2:56pm 
Looking better now, thanks!
Mr.Hyde Jul 13, 2018 @ 3:54am 
Working again now, thanks
Deedmann Jul 13, 2018 @ 3:16pm 
Scenario 17 in the room before the treasure chest room. Game setups spawns a scout instead of a shaman closest to the door to the last room
JMnITup Jul 15, 2018 @ 5:21am 
Scenario setup seems to guess at scenario level based on average level/player count, but does not add recommended +1 level for solo mode (1 player, 2 characters). I'd hoped setting Scenario Level in Monster Setup would apply to Map setup, but it doesn't. A check for solo mode or a dial for +/- scenario level (or an ability to explicitly select) would be good so you can also accomodate for easy/hard/harder level adjustment.

As of now, I have to manually spawn monsters and swap them out (I haven't tried, maybe if I spawn the used monsters first, delete the standees, then generate the map, maybe it will use my applied levels, but I'm not sure yet)
Deedmann Jul 15, 2018 @ 5:38am 
Originally posted by JMnITup:
As of now, I have to manually spawn monsters and swap them out (I haven't tried, maybe if I spawn the used monsters first, delete the standees, then generate the map, maybe it will use my applied levels, but I'm not sure yet)

You can just change the difficulty from normal to hard by clicking on the text on the party sheet. That will raise the scenario level by 1

Edit: To clarify press the text "Normal" to change difficulty
Last edited by Deedmann; Jul 15, 2018 @ 5:39am
Gene Selfish Jul 16, 2018 @ 2:28pm 
Is it me or basically all maps, except for scenario 1, are spawn misaligned to grid? Not sure if this can be fixed, especially considering all the possible layouts, but I've basically resorted to disabling snap-to-grid for all figurines. Any other suggestion?
Kijan  [developer] Jul 16, 2018 @ 2:37pm 
The Grid changes for the most scenarios... you have to adjust the grid to your scenario with horizontal or vertical hex
Gene Selfish Jul 16, 2018 @ 2:43pm 
Yeah that's another option, although I ususally find it more practical to disable the grid altogether. Well maybe reducing the grid size might also do the trick, I'll try that next time. Thank you!
Stellatus Jul 23, 2018 @ 3:37pm 
Does the senario setup only work for 2 players? Thats is all it seems t set up for my group of 3 players =(. We cant figure out how to have the correct monster spawns for 3 players.
(Edit) - Nvm, it just isnt or cant spawn elites. Still a problem for this disscusion
Last edited by Stellatus; Jul 23, 2018 @ 3:44pm
Kijan  [developer] Jul 23, 2018 @ 3:43pm 
yeah it slips a problem in with the last update... sorry for that i will update it asap... i made the change allready and will give it to GabrielM so that he can upload it but for now i will describe what oyu can do to fix it yourselfe in a moment
< >
Showing 1-15 of 208 comments
Per page: 1530 50