Tabletop Simulator

Tabletop Simulator

Gloomhaven - Fantasy Setup (Scripted UI)
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Door Opener Apr 2, 2020 @ 11:20pm
Updating your save to the latest version of the mod
I wanted to share the method I used to change my game save from an older version of the mod to the latest. This procedure was mostly explained by Commando5551 first, I'm just offering a tidy step-by-step summary. Also, be sure to check Matt Smith's video linked in the main page of this mod if you want to learn more about it.

1. Load your old save and make sure everything is tidy (bring back shop in a stack if it was laid out and remove players to repack characters).
OPTIONALLY: If you don't want to repack characters, you don't have to, just select everything in the character area, save a "Characters" object and delete what is selected before proceeding (there is a limit to what you can select at once).
2. Select EVERYTHING with a big rectangle selection and then Ctrl + click everything that is missing from the selection. This includes the game boxes, party sheet and even the map (the map saves with prosperity and Xs for completed and locked scenarios).
3. Right click on anything you selected (such as the main box) and "Save Object", give it a meaningful name.
4. Delete the map
5. Select every sticker on the map by CTRL + clicking, right click on any one of them and save a "Stickers" object.
6. Load the latest version of the mod.
7. Delete everything that you will be bringing from your old save. You will need to unlock what is locked to delete it.
8. Go to your "Saved Objects", click the 3 dots in the corner of your objects and click spawn. Do NOT just click the objects or they will spawn in the wrong location.

The only thing I don't like with that last part is that the first time you click a scenario number on the map, it will spawn a sticker even if there's already one. This will not cause any problem and they will not accumulate if you change versions like this many times. The bottom-left and global achievements stickers work as if you were still in your original save.

Hope it helps!
Last edited by Door Opener; Apr 12, 2020 @ 9:12am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 68 comments
Dabraxus Apr 3, 2020 @ 2:08am 
Thanks a lot! :-) Just updated the session I play with 3 friends. Took me around 30min because it messed up all the attack modifier decks when I removed the player mats. But what are 30min in the context of the 20 hours we spent playing this mod so far since last Saturday! :-D
Last edited by Dabraxus; Apr 3, 2020 @ 2:22am
demoss Apr 3, 2020 @ 3:53am 
In step 5, do you mean to delete even the game boxes and such? Because I don't think the old save even has those (I know it doesn't have the Forgotten Circles box).
Last edited by demoss; Apr 3, 2020 @ 3:54am
Dabraxus Apr 3, 2020 @ 5:37am 
Originally posted by demoss:
In step 5, do you mean to delete even the game boxes and such? Because I don't think the old save even has those (I know it doesn't have the Forgotten Circles box).
Only delete the things you saved from your old savegame. In my case that's the cards, party sheet, map, the game box (since we already removed some envelopes from it), current character envelopes and the one advanced character box we unlocked so far. Don't delete items you didn't save and don't want to bring over from your old version.
Door Opener Apr 3, 2020 @ 8:07am 
Originally posted by demoss:

Yes, that's what I meant, but my old save did have them. Only delete them if you saved them! I just updated the original post to make it clearer.
Last edited by Door Opener; Apr 3, 2020 @ 8:08am
Smeeth Apr 4, 2020 @ 11:19am 
I've updated my tutorial to reflect Door Opener's method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko4_fSNssxU&t=18s
Shlongevity Apr 4, 2020 @ 11:44am 
I just tested it out, and you don't even need to repack the characters. Just save all the character materials like the rest of the stuff, and then press the add player buttons to get the mat back, it will be tucked neatly underneath your stuff and then you won't have to worry about the pack-up script making a mistake.
jonswainarch Apr 4, 2020 @ 5:19pm 
I'm going to have to try this out. Not sure what version I have now, but based on what my brother is playing, he's got some features my version doesn't have.
Valnir Apr 6, 2020 @ 7:36am 
Anyone tried to do something like this with the 5 player variant?
Shlongevity Apr 6, 2020 @ 9:08am 
Originally posted by Commando5551:
I just tested it out, and you don't even need to repack the characters.
Turns out there's a limit on the number of things you can select at one time in TTS, so packing up the characters will reduce the amount you need to select by a lot. However, you could just make two saved objects for game updating, if anyone is super worried about the packing script.
Shlongevity Apr 6, 2020 @ 10:30am 
I found a better way to do the map stickers! If you delete the map, then all the stickers will be left in their correct positions allowing you to ctrl+click them so that they can be saved as an object and spawned in before or after the map. The script will still spawn a sticker even if there's already one there, but it removes the tedium. Also there won't be any accumulation of stickers this way either, each ctrl+click selects just one sticker and I couldn't find a way to select both duplicate stickers at the same time.
Ryuuken Apr 6, 2020 @ 2:48pm 
I can't seem to do that method, after I select everything there's no option to save object no matter what I click. I think my version may be too old to update. It still has the weather effects and the box art as the table background. Can't confirm exact version at the moment.
jonswainarch Apr 6, 2020 @ 7:48pm 
Worked like a charm for me! Thanks guys for this very helpful thread.
divisortheory Apr 6, 2020 @ 8:01pm 
I tried this method and it works fine, but out of curiosity, why doesn't deleting everything in the game and then loading the old save with Additive Load work?
codykon Apr 7, 2020 @ 1:55am 
Originally posted by divisortheory:
I tried this method and it works fine, but out of curiosity, why doesn't deleting everything in the game and then loading the old save with Additive Load work?

This is what I was trying and it grabs the Game Setup Object and it fails when there are 2 of them. Haven't been able to figure out how to delete one.
Door Opener Apr 7, 2020 @ 1:36pm 
Originally posted by codykon:
Originally posted by divisortheory:

This is what I was trying and it grabs the Game Setup Object and it fails when there are 2 of them. Haven't been able to figure out how to delete one.

Because there are invisible objects such as the game setup scripts that will get duplicated. Also, you don't wanna bring the old scripts because that is usually what gets updated.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 68 comments
Per page: 1530 50