FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster

View Stats:
Kaldaien May 12, 2016 @ 2:04pm
Untitled Project X - v 0.9.0 [In-Game Config UI] - (8/13/17)
IMPORTANT NOTE:
    I no longer subscribe to this thread
Last edited by Kaldaien; Aug 15, 2017 @ 2:12pm
< >
Showing 4,066-4,080 of 5,137 comments
Kroooow Dec 11, 2016 @ 7:01pm 
It's dumb now, the new scene is dumb as crap and the character goes from falling down the middle to somehow being near the side of the cliff. Plus is getting stabbedf multiple times by beams of light instead of the one time with a sword. Completely unnecessary.
{BOA}StonerMk2 Dec 11, 2016 @ 7:08pm 
Originally posted by Kaldaien:
Meh, sorry. I didn't actually delete anything. I didn't realize setting my profile to private was going to cause all of this to happen. The guides for all of my projects are visible to the public again.

I'm still a little miffed with the PC gaming community as a whole though, this attitude of "uncensor the game or go away" was the straw the broke the camel's back. We are not in a position to demand stuff like that, we are lucky at this point to be getting many games released on the same day as consoles.

Tbh i mostly agree. We as PC gamers are in no position to be sitting here demanding things, we are damn lucky to be getting Tales games on PC at all. Be happy we're getting anything. Not really a fan of censorship myself but seriously its one scene and it really doesnt change much from what ive read. People need to stop being entitled little brats and just deal with it, or dont buy the game. Its really that simple. Now if the game launches and its a complete technical mess, then sure grab your pitchforks and start a riot. Until then hike up those skirts, clean the sand outta your vag's and chill out.
Kroooow Dec 11, 2016 @ 7:40pm 
Originally posted by G4mBi7:
It's areally simple, in north america children or childlike figures getting stabed is not qualified as a rated Teen game. Would be hard to hit Mature rating as well, it's why most games avoid children entirelyl.

1) Change the views of the rest of the world to allow children being stabbed/killed in games as Mature Content and not Adult Only

2) Use adults rather than kids and loli's in your games japan

3) Censor that one scene to appeal to every audience around the globe.

I can see why they went with option 3
Are you slow? The new scene the character is stabbed multiple times by beams of light instead of one time by a sword and then somehow is falling down the middle of a hole and then to the side of the cliff, it's completely dumb and since it takes longer the other character could have gotten up and done something so it makes even less sense!
Last edited by Kroooow; Dec 11, 2016 @ 7:40pm
elektra_alpha Dec 12, 2016 @ 12:27am 
Guys, please not take your argument here. This is not Tales game topic, let alone it's what drive Kal. away.
Originally posted by elektra_alpha:
Guys, please not take your argument here. This is not Tales game topic, let alone it's what drive Kal. away.

I agree completely. We can only hope they go argue somewhere else or make their own thread for it - no matter which side any of us may agree on. >.< I doubt he'll come back if this kind of thing is still going on :(
keybox Dec 12, 2016 @ 3:01am 
Originally posted by fettjango103:
Whilst the attitude demanding the uncensored scene may be juvenile, the actual censorship itself is completely unnecessary.
Definitely. Don't get me wrong, it's annoying when they censor. But if they have to in order to localise games then they have to. At the same time, people who complain need to assess their priorities I think. If the change is that terrible, then they can vote with their wallet.
Mr. Hemlock Dec 12, 2016 @ 8:33am 
Originally posted by keybox:
Originally posted by fettjango103:
Whilst the attitude demanding the uncensored scene may be juvenile, the actual censorship itself is completely unnecessary.
Definitely. Don't get me wrong, it's annoying when they censor. But if they have to in order to localise games then they have to. At the same time, people who complain need to assess their priorities I think. If the change is that terrible, then they can vote with their wallet.

Seconded. Voting with our wallets is one of the strongest things we can do as consumers. Note I didn't say only thing, so really hoping people to gripe at me.

Now, there are certain times that censorship can make things a tad less creepy, such as changing the ages of some of the characters in Bravely Default. And honestly, not a big deal. Sure they changed a couple costumes, but did it really change the story? The gameplay? No. I still had a hell of a good time with the game.

Regardless, Kal, those of us over here on the FFX side of things are grateful for your work, even if I do criticize you regarding your professionalism at times. I know things are going to be frustrating with people saying things on the internet, but honestly, you control the thread for your product. If they aren't asking questions directly related to what you are taking care of, point them to a FAQ, and shove them off.

Keep up the hard work, and get yourself a big ol' contract to make lots of money and prove your skills even further.

masterotaku Dec 12, 2016 @ 11:19am 
About censorship, there are some interesting points I have read:

- Steam doesn't demand games to be rated.
- In theory, an uncensoring DLC with a different age rating can be done. Like this one: http://store.steampowered.com/app/259800/

So there is no undefeatable reason for the PC version to be forcibly censored. I'm in the "uncensored or bust" team, but not to the degree of not buying the game ever. I think that people concerned about censorship has to say what they think and vote with their wallets, without insulting people, of course.

Have you seen (not from Bandai-Namco, to be fair) how mutilated Bravely Second and some late Fire Emblem games were? Could it be because people didn't complain enough about their previous games (they had only a bit of censorship, or "localization" if you want to call it that)? I'm simply afraid that giving in now could mean having it worse in the future. This isn't the 90s, when we didn't know better.


I'm sad that discussion about this made Kaldaien go away, and I hope he comes back later with even more strength. The mods he did are great and thorough, with lots of possible tweaks. The kind of mods I would do if I had the knowledge. My sincere thanks for all you have done, Kaldaien.
Last edited by masterotaku; Dec 12, 2016 @ 11:21am
Mr. Hemlock Dec 12, 2016 @ 11:24am 
Wait, not to get off topic, but what got so messed up in Bravely Second? Pardon my ignorance, I didn't play that one as much and thus didn't look up much about it.
masterotaku Dec 12, 2016 @ 11:26am 
Originally posted by WMD Lord Hemlock:
Wait, not to get off topic, but what got so messed up in Bravely Second? Pardon my ignorance, I didn't play that one as much and thus didn't look up much about it.
http://archive.is/wOeyU
Mr. Hemlock Dec 12, 2016 @ 11:30am 
Regarding the art and the costume designs, I'm not that bothered by that. The parts where it alters gameplay and story, I'm a little more disappointed in. Regardless, I'm still pleased that the game got released at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dismissing your points at all, and I get what you're saying, but I guess it just doesn't bother me as much as it does others.

I think we've hijacked Kal's thread enough, though. This is a place to discuss the mod and give support, feedback, or suggestions regarding it.
SinForged Dec 12, 2016 @ 11:38am 
Originally posted by Kaldaien:
Meh, sorry. I didn't actually delete anything. I didn't realize setting my profile to private was going to cause all of this to happen. The guides for all of my projects are visible to the public again.

I'm still a little miffed with the PC gaming community as a whole though, this attitude of "uncensor the game or go away" was the straw the broke the camel's back. We are not in a position to demand stuff like that, we are lucky at this point to be getting many games released on the same day as consoles.

Yeah, it's not that big a deal in my opinon, just because the end result is the same, but at the same time it does feel unnecessary. Glad to see your still around Kal. Still, if the scene is an fmv it should be easy to restore it right? Obviously it is possible it is in-game graphics rather then a pre-rendered cut-scene but there still a possibilty that it might be as easy as ripping the fmv from the japanese ps4 version and putting it in the movies folder. As for english va, I assume the audio is seprate from the video, as it is in the videos with voice acting in Tales of Zestria. It probably won't match up due to the extended length of the censored scene, but if it is possible to edit the audio, then all you have to do is cut out the extra grunts and gasps and your pretty much good to go. I mean PC is the only platform where it's possible for the community to uncensor things like this in the first place, so I'll just hope for a modder to restore it on pc. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Edit: In my opinon the scene is even more brutal now. We can't show this kid impaled on a sword someone is holding, so how about he dies by magic, like TWO GIANT ENERGY BLADES IMPALING HIS BODY? Yeah, that's so much more humane. After all, think of the children.

Anyway, back on topic. Glad your still here Kal. regrdless of wether you continue working on these fixes or not, I'm just glad the drama didn't completly drive you away.
Last edited by SinForged; Dec 12, 2016 @ 11:57am
Cerberus505 Dec 13, 2016 @ 10:14pm 
So I am new to modding and I tried to follow the instruction as clearly as I could. But after auto installing and seeing that everything was located in the right spot. I downloaded a few text packs to put into the inject folder and nothing so I was just wondering if anyone could help me trouble shoot this problem? Part of me thinks I didn't install it right not to sure thou. Anyway please and thank you for all your help.
keybox Dec 13, 2016 @ 10:53pm 
Originally posted by Cerberus505:
So I am new to modding and I tried to follow the instruction as clearly as I could. But after auto installing and seeing that everything was located in the right spot. I downloaded a few text packs to put into the inject folder and nothing so I was just wondering if anyone could help me trouble shoot this problem? Part of me thinks I didn't install it right not to sure thou. Anyway please and thank you for all your help.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY FFX&FFX-2 HD Remaster\UnX_Res\inject\textures

Like this? If it doesn't work in the textures folder, try adding another folder inside of it called UnX_Old and put the textures in there.
Zeikar Dec 14, 2016 @ 3:43pm 
Kal may be returning, if I can have a change of heart amd mind, so can he.
< >
Showing 4,066-4,080 of 5,137 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: May 12, 2016 @ 2:04pm
Posts: 5,137