ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Advanced Architecture Mod
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
hogscraper  [developer] Oct 23, 2015 @ 5:17pm
FEEDBACK/BUG Thread
Hey guys, please reply here with any bugs you find. Feedback for anything but cosmetics should go here. Creating another discussion for cosmetic ideas/changes. Thanks again guys!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 1,238 comments
Juicifer Oct 23, 2015 @ 6:52pm 
Fireplaces do not have any flame particles or glow when lit
hogscraper  [developer] Oct 23, 2015 @ 10:08pm 
single player or MP? I have tested that just now in the dev kit and they are fine and earlier they were fine on my test server. Will test again in the morning. Could you try the mod in the other play mode from what was not working? Like try SP if MP was broken. Might help narrow down what's causing it.
Mer Oct 24, 2015 @ 5:34am 
tested it in singelplayer and no flames or glow but we get the heat
Juicifer Oct 24, 2015 @ 7:50am 
In addition to what Mer said, no flames or glow in MP but we get the heat.
hogscraper  [developer] Oct 24, 2015 @ 8:15am 
It looks like one of the game updates since the dev kit was updated has broken something. All three fireplaces work fine in MP simulation in the dev kit but only the double sided one is working now for me in SP and MP on my test server. I will look into today to see what's wrong. Thank you guys for the report.
TheNavigator Oct 24, 2015 @ 6:35pm 
can you take a look at the curved wall snap points it whants too snap just above foundation tested in SP
Last edited by TheNavigator; Oct 24, 2015 @ 6:39pm
KailIzzraham Oct 24, 2015 @ 6:44pm 
I just noticed something. I am experementing with the pieces, but the plain wall section textures do not match/line up with the window textures (stone). Are there 2 different plain wall sections with different textures (like an outter wall piece and castle wall piece).
hogscraper  [developer] Oct 24, 2015 @ 8:04pm 
will look into those snap points right now

The wall was a mistake that made it through to live. I fixed it in the dev kit and will send that out a little later.
JonSnow Oct 24, 2015 @ 8:16pm 
celing doesn't really snap well. Sometime can't even build a 9x9 square house. because can't put on the middle bit of ceilings. The castle corner thingy too. somehow only able to put on one side. which is left i think.

Other than that. it's amazing. been keeping eyes on this mod when i first saw in reddit.
Last edited by JonSnow; Oct 24, 2015 @ 8:18pm
Kane Oct 24, 2015 @ 8:21pm 
Awesome mod. I would like to have this used on my server, however I'd like the ability to use them unlocked at a level i specify. Is this possible?
hogscraper  [developer] Oct 24, 2015 @ 8:53pm 
Curved Walls are snapping ok in the dev kit, but those are tied into a few other snap points and can be tricky to get right. Try heading to the outside corner and looking inward. You can also hit the E key in game to flip the pieces around.

I tried to make the square column unobtrusive so it could be used to hang ceilings across a span. I'm also going to be working on a new improved column system tomorrow when I get time. I want to have each piller it's own thing that headers will snap on top of then ceilings will snap to the headers. That will give people a lot more choice. Those headers barely come down through the ceiling so they look like supports in game.

The downside to making larger, thicker structures is I'm not able to cheat pieces together like ARK proper does. If I made the pieces large enough so that ceilings didn't have cracks in between them it would mean touching the outside edge of the foundation, which in turn means it bleeds through the walls to the outside and looks really bad. One of the many headaches I originally had to work through when I first started this mod. The nsap points still do need a little tweaking tho. Not sure how close I can cut it before it bleeds through but can check into that.
Larukaan Oct 25, 2015 @ 2:24am 
hello there, 1st of all thanks for this awesome mod :)
I tried to place full stair part up to a ceiling, but there are no snappoints either for the foundation or the ceiling the stairs just fit half through the foundation or against the wall. Is there any trick for placing the full stairs? 1/4 stairs fits this way.

Could do a Screenshotto show u how i would like to place it
Greetings Laru
SoggieBottoms Oct 25, 2015 @ 6:34am 
I installed this yesterday logged in my server and was able to learn the royal engram and make 3 foundations. I logged off and this mornng I logged back in to find my royal crafting station gone and the engram unlearned. I tried to relearn the engram and it isnt allowing me. I even ran the give engram cheat, and it gave me everything except the royal craft station.

What can I check for to get this working again. Ive unsubed loaded ark, quit and resub backa gain I even deleted the folder from my ark/content/mod folder. and resubbed and still ins't working.
kotawolf Oct 25, 2015 @ 7:11am 
Any known conflicting mods? I have this installed, the engram shows up, but I cannot learn the engram.

I have about 8 other mods installed, this one is the second on the list.
Last edited by kotawolf; Oct 25, 2015 @ 7:12am
hogscraper  [developer] Oct 25, 2015 @ 7:38am 
At the moment, I can't find a problem outside of a game bug itself. I have had a couple people report that they randomly were unable to craft something then they were. As I haven't had anyone report back what fixed it, I'm still not sure how it happened, if its a mod loading order issue, a conflict, a glitch or just random. It happened to me after an update and the next update fixed it when I didn't actually update anything, just changed the decription. Please keep me informed on that one!

@Laru I guess that was a total miss on my part. I had intended only the full steps to snap to the foundation and the little ones to snap to walls but I'm not sure why I never thought about snapping the full ones to walls. Will add in some snap points later today for that.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 1,238 comments
Per page: 1530 50