Killing Floor

Killing Floor

WeaponsWorkShop
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
BadKarMa  [developer] Jul 29, 2013 @ 11:22am
How to use the WeaponsWorkShop
The aim of this mutator is to autoload custom weapons and make them available at the trader's shop.

How to start

The WeaponsWorkShop is intended to be easy to use so you can play with multiple custom weapons without annoying setup. Here are the steps for a quickstart:

1.) Install your desired custom weapons (preferably by subscribing some from this collection). Restart KF afterwards.

2.) Install the mutator by clicking subscribe on its workshop page. Do not forget to restart KF afterwards.

3.) Create any kind of game (solo, dedicated server, listen server) and add this mutator to your mutator list. You will not need any other mutator that came with the weapons (in fact they might interfere with the WeaponsWorkShop).

4.) Start the map - it's as simple as that.

Disabling an undesired weapon

The WeaponsWorkShop offers some selfexplanatory quicksetup options. To access them, hit 'configure mutators' in the mutators screen. If you just want to disable a single weapon, you can set the quicksetup to "selected" and click on 'view advanced options'. You will find a long list of weapons and checkboxes. Uncheck the box next to the weapon you dislike.
NOTE: There is no need to uncheck a weapon if it is not installed. So you may also just delete the apropriate files.

Adding a weapon that is not in the collection of supported items

Sometimes you may want to add a weapon from other sources than the steam workshop, or a weapon, that was just recently created. If this item cannot be found in the collection mentioned above, it is unsupported. Follow these instructions to add it manually to the WeaponsWorkShop.

The difference between the available versions

There are currently 3 different versions of this mutator available and packed with the subscription. They are designed for different purposes and differ in frequency of updates and the support of weapons.

1.) WeaponsWorkShop
This is the standard version. It supports all the weapons in linked collection. Unless there is a major bug it will be updated when there are new official weapons added to the game.

2.) WeaponsWorkShopWIP
This is the work in progress version. I will update it whenever I like, so you better do not use it for a server that you don't want to update frequently. It should be fine for listenservers and solo games. It is likely that this version supports weapons, not mentioned in the supported weapons collection. You can find these additional weapons listed here.

3.) WeaponsWorkShopLITE
This is a special lightweight version. I intend to update it when a new official weapon is added by Tripwire. It only supports the official and whitelisted weapons. It does not allow to add unsupported weapons. This mutator will be submitted for whitelisting... (I'll keep you up to date on this matter)

Additional links

All supported weapons can be found and subscribed here.

There is also an FAQ available here.
Last edited by BadKarMa; Nov 29, 2014 @ 7:04pm