Killing Floor

Killing Floor

WeaponsWorkShop
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
BadKarMa  [developer] Jul 8, 2013 @ 3:40pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the difference between the versions of this mutator?
A: Currently the mutator features a normal, a work-in-progress and a lite variant. These alternate versions are described here.

Q: How many items can this mutator load?
A: There had been a maximum limit of 63 items prior to the Halloween Event 2013, which was given by Killing Floor itself. TWI have eliminated that limit. Since the WeaponsWorkShop needs a limit for the netcode, it can now load 127 items PER PERK (so theoretically up to a total of 1000).

Q: I've activated all weapons, but some do not show up in the trader
A: If you can't get the weapon to work, please check if it downloaded correctly. There is a limit of current subscriptions - see next Q/A.

Q: I've subscribed the mutator/a weapon, but it does not download
A: Valve has limited the number of subscriptions per game. You can subscribe more than 50 workshop items at once, but everything above 50 won't download correctly. If you have too many subscriptions, try unsubscribing some and restart steam.
TIP: Once installed unsubscribing doesn't delete an item. So you can safely unsubscribe items, that are not going to get updates soon. This helps adding more than 50 custom weapons to your game.

Q: Does this mutator unlock DLC weapons that I haven't purchased or achievement weapons that I haven't achieved?
A: No. They are still locked.

Q: Can I disable locked DLC/achievement weapons, so they do not show up at the trader?
A: Yes!

Q: Is it possible to add a weapon, that is not supported?
A: YES! It is! Learn how to do it by clicking this link.

Q: Will this mutator also prevent certain weapons to spawn on the map?
A: No, even if you disable the Handcannon it may still spawn randomly. This mutator is only intended to change the trader shop.

Q: Does it work well with other mutators?
A: Basically it slightly adjusts the LevelRules and with it the items for the trader. Mutators that replace the LevelRules or don't use them at all, will not work with the WeaponsWorkShop (at the moment).

Q: Is the WeaponsWorkShop whitelisted?
A: The WeaponsWorkShopLITE mutator is submitted for whitelisting! The WeaponsWorkShop and the WeaponsWorkShopWIP are not going to be whitelisted. The reason for the latter two is that once you add a weapon, that itself is not whitelisted, your server is no more whitelisted. I recommend asking the actual weapon creator to submit his weapon to TWI! I can then add it to the LITE version (and have to get a new whitelisting, again)...

Last edited by BadKarMa; Jul 18, 2014 @ 9:32am