SteamVR

SteamVR

Driftwood
The fan...
First, kudos to the Vive team for doing such a killer job on this. I am grateful to be able to enjoy your vision, and I think this kind of worldbuilding is really the magic of VR.

So. The fan. When I first started up Driftwood, I swear I saw the fan in the pod spinning. That simple detail added so much immersion because the world felt alive right from the start. Now, it has gone still, and I can't figure out if it was something I triggered, a time of day thing, or what.

Was I hallucinating? How can I make the fan spin again?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
EvidencePlz Oct 29, 2017 @ 3:02pm 
I have the same question as well, and the windmill stopped spinning too :steamsad:
heteroerectus Oct 29, 2017 @ 6:37pm 
Noooooooo....
Light Sculptor Oct 29, 2017 @ 9:37pm 
Came here to post this same question. My fan stopped as well, but I can still hear the ongoing audio effect as if the fan is still rotating. I hope this gets restored, as it definitely did add to the immersion and helped bring the space alive.
Vic DeLeon  [developer] Oct 29, 2017 @ 9:40pm 
Are you running a saved version? I’ve noticed animated stuff like the fan, windmill, birds, etc sometimes break on saved versions.
EvidencePlz Oct 29, 2017 @ 9:53pm 
yes im running a saved version cause i had to put the default clock in there to keep track of time
heteroerectus Oct 30, 2017 @ 7:40am 
Yep that's the exact reason, just figured that out this morning! Suggestions?
Vic DeLeon  [developer] Oct 30, 2017 @ 11:57am 
There is an actor dynamic object animation bug that appears only with saved versions of your environment. That is all I can figure out at this time.
EvidencePlz Oct 30, 2017 @ 3:32pm 
okay I can confirm that selecting Original and not 'Saved' fixes it, but that means we won't be able to customize and save the environment anymore. well...I like it anyways and it will remain as my default Home.
Vic DeLeon  [developer] Oct 30, 2017 @ 7:07pm 
We're looking into this along with a few other bugs that have popped up. Thanks for the feedback all of you :)
heteroerectus Oct 31, 2017 @ 12:55pm 
Appreciate it Vic, great job on this. I really love it.
Light Sculptor Nov 7, 2017 @ 8:59am 
Will the bug fix regarding the fan be applied to existing saves or will we need to start with the original environment and begin again? After having my save corrupted and losing all my work, I'm hesitant to even begin the rebuilding process. I do know that I want the fan and turbines to eventually be operational in my saved environment, so if this bug fix for some reason can't be applied to existing saves, I thought it might be best to hold off on the rebuild process until some things get sorted out. Just trying to figure out when/how best to return to Driftwood and try again.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50