Greetings again, POSTAL fans! The big Steam Summer Sale is here, and we here at Running With Scissors are commemorating the event by bringing you another major patch chock full of new features and a number of fixes for POSTAL 2, Paradise Lost, and the development tools POSTed!
Owners of the base POSTAL 2 game will see several enhancements and tweaks we’ve rolled back from Paradise Lost, most notably the footstep sounds which now match type of surface the Dude is walking on. Marvel as your feet produce sounds corresponding to exciting material types such as wood, concrete, metal, grass, and the always thrilling but enigmatic dirt! There are also new NPC interactions and animations and other stuff we’re probably forgetting.
Those that own Paradise Lost are now able to access the Workshop in the DLC! Many mods made for POSTAL 2 will also work with Paradise Lost, and we’ve even added a PL edition of POSTed so users can take advantage of the new assets available. (Don’t own Paradise Lost yet? What are you waiting for!? Be sure to pick it up on sale now! So is POSTAL 2 at a deep discount, tell your friends!) The Workshop features have also been updated and now supports unlimited file sizes.
Speaking of POSTed, during the development of Paradise Lost, we gave the editor a massive overhaul in order to make it easier to use and more streamlined, and now these improvements are being released for all modders to enjoy! The full changelog for POSTed is far too long to include in this announcement, you can find the full editor change log here
Here is the full changelog for 4446.POSTAL 2, Paradise Lost, and POSTed (4446 - All players)
- All players now have access to the 4446 build of POSTAL 2 which comes with several enhanced features previously exclusive to Paradise Lost owners, such as new footstep sounds, extra bystander interactions, and more!
- Steam Workshop support added to Paradise Lost! Many of your favorite
- POSTAL 2 Workshop items will work on Paradise Lost, plus…
- POSTed Development Kit has been updated with full support for 4446 and Paradise Lost! Now you can mod the ravaged post-apocalyptic town of Paradise to your heart’s content or create new content with Paradise Lost assets and code! Also, you now have access to the latest UnrealScript source code. If your POSTAL 2 mods did not work with 4444 and up, we recommend recompiling your mod under the new code base. Some mods may need to be updated as some of the underlying UnrealScript code has undergone major changes. If you need assistance, feel free to ask for help in the Workshop section of the discussion boards. For the full list of changes to POSTed, UnrealScript, and engine debugging tools, click here
- Additionally, the Steam Workshop implementation has been updated, and you can now upload Workshop items of any size - no more multi-part Workshop items!
- Triple Buffering checkbox added to Video Options
- Workshop download errors are now only logged and do not prevent the player from starting a Workshop game
- Fixed a bug where Mini characters (Gary, ColeMen) would not use the proper animation set for the Knuckle Dusters
- (Paradise Lost) Workshop option added to Start Game menu
- (Paradise Lost) Fix for player getting stuck inside the weapons crates at Yeeland’s Fun Land
- (Paradise Lost) Checkpoint save added to Yeeland’s Fun Land
- (Paradise Lost) Rebalanced the difficulty of some of the fights that occur at Yeeland’s Fun Land
- (Paradise Lost) Fix for certain pawns spawning during the wrong days
- (Paradise Lost) Checkpoint save added to The Wipe House
- (Paradise Lost) Fixed some gameplay issues during the toilet paper errand
- (Paradise Lost) Fixed missing collision, floating objects, and other minor issues near The Wipe House and Robotics Factory
- (Paradise Lost) Fixed a bug where skipping a cutscene at the end of Wednesday would cause Mike J to not speak his lines.
- (Paradise Lost) Fixed a bug causing several blasting caps to spawn at Habib’s Survival Store
- (Paradise Lost) Fixed a bug causing Gimps to spawn before Friday
- (Paradise Lost) Fixed general gameplay issues with the blasting cap errand
(Paradise Lost) Fixed several unobtainable pickups in the general area of Habib’s Survival Store
- (Paradise Lost) Various improvements to gameplay and performance in the area around the Bandit Hideout
- (Paradise Lost) Fixed an errant carpet texture that was assigned to generate metal footsteps
- (P2 & PL) Various overall improvements to ambient sounds
These updates will also come to the GoG release in the near future.
And last but not least, to the ever patient Linux and Mac owners: you’ve quite tolerantly been waiting for some time, and we aim to have the POSTAL 2 updates (including Workshop) and Paradise Lost DLC ready for you within a few months.