Happy Halloween, everyone! We've been busy putting together a special treat for you. For the duration of the holiday, you can play in nighttime versions of the POSTAL 2 single player maps! The citizens of Paradise are in costume, and we've also arranged for some ghastly visitors, so grab the pitchfork out of your shed and prepare to greet them POSTAL style!
As you may already know, we've also been hard at work on Paradise Lost, the upcoming expansion pack for POSTAL 2. In the process, we've enhanced the POSTed development kit and squashed quite a few bugs as well! So put on your modding hat and feast your eyes on our complete changelist at the Running With Scissors forum[runningwithscissors.com]
. Some of the biggest changes include:
- Fix for audio cutting off when pausing the game
- Fix for crouching NPCs being immune to headshots
- Fixes for various display glitches
- Launcher window can be set to not display (perfect for Big Picture and in-home streaming)
- Helpful descriptions of properties in POSTed's Object Properties window
- "Play Map From Here" feature added to POSTed
- Ability to select multiple files at once for upload to Steam Workshop
- Several new editor hotkeys to streamline your map building
- New actor and scripted sequence classes
- Several fixes and new features in UnrealScript
- AND MORE!
Mod authors, please test your content with the new 1416 patch. If you experience issues you may have to recompile, as some of the UnrealScript source has changed. There will be a new UnrealScript source file landing in your copy of POSTed shortly, you can recompile under this source. If you have trouble compiling please contact me on the Workshop forums.
Additionally, Steam Trading Cards are now LIVE for POSTAL! Pick up a copy
if you haven't already and enjoy the game with Steam Trading Card support.
Thanks for all your support. Now stop reading this and go have fun playing or modding! And don't forget to tell your friends to buy POSTAL 2 if they haven't already - it's on sale this weekend!Running With Scissors[www.runningwithscissors.com]