So i have beat this on console and bought it on sale to play some of the co-op with my friend when it was 75% off. The co-op is fun but virtually any game that isn’t flat awful or broken is pretty fun with friends. There are two characters with different game play, the series original Point Man and Paxton Fettel. Here are the pros and cons of the PC version.
- Paxton Fettel is really fun to play as with unique and fun interesting paranormal abilities like possession.
- Has a Co-op campaign
- A nice achievement and upgrade system
- You have a nice set of customizable controls with secondary bindings for all functions
- Nice sound options with multiple sliders
- Simple console like FPS cover based shooting. Press Q then arrows to pop out from cover shoot use bullet time to change cover repeat
- Instead of mildly tactical squad based combat you push through a crowed, fight a hoard, push through crowd again.
- Fairly linear with much less alternative routes then the two predecessors
- The bullet time for point man is essentially useless and just thrown in because it is part of the series
- Not a great port with some bad low res textures and limited graphics options
- Super unbalanced Riot shield, find it, win
- for the price a little too short. Took me almost 7 hours on console to beat
- Multiplayer is pretty much dead and was tacked on anyway
- Simple contrived plot
- Adds nothing to the story of the franchise and in fact is kind of an insult to fans not that the other two had great ones, but it doesn’t fit into the universe (if you don’t care about story like me though that doesn’t matter much)
- Horrible main character ,rugged, scruffy, boring, robotic, bad ♥♥♥, action hero template number 4 instead of the silent protagonist (again you can get past that easily but if that stuff matters to you it will probably disappoint)
Generic and not worth your time; It is another drop in the sea of mediocrity. Play F.E.A.R or F.E.A.R 2 instead, they are both much better games in every aspect. Unless you get it on a good sale to mess around with as Paxton Fettel it isn’t worth your time or money.