Mount & Blade: Warband

Mount & Blade: Warband

A World of Ice and Fire
[DEPRECATED] Add Item Menu
[DEPRECATED]
I will no longer be updating this modification. Maybe someone else will update it.
DONT USE THIS VERSION OF THE MENU WITH THE NEWEST MOD VERSION!!!
It will f*ck up everything!

Untill the Author releases a version publicly that adds the item menu I have made a menu.txt version that adds the item menu back in and leaves the new cheats intact as well. So far i have encountered no bugs but please tell me if you find any.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qzH2OYFFI8KEiVBM835BBUgXbxHy0HLw/view?usp=sharing

To navigate to the file you need to replace go to the steam workshp folder for Ice&Fire. You'll find it under:

(default steam folder)\steamapps\workshop\48700\948075218

There you need to replace the menu.txt file with mine

ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR SAVES AND THE ORIGINAL MENU.TXT BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!!!

DISCLAIMER: The item menu was removed from the mod for a reason, it can lag up the game due to the high ammount of textures since the engine wasn't designed for that and might cause textures to go black for the current session i recomend saving before using it and after using it. If the texture bug happens you can simply save, restart the game and load said save and it will usually be fixed.

If you want to make sure everything works perfectly you can get your items, save and then roll back to the Original menu.txt

PS: thanks to user space_lettuce_OG for making the first working Menu.txt that added back the menu. I used it as a reference for updating the file and I also added a couple of funcitons back that your version accidentally removed
Last edited by Nick0Taylor; Jun 6, 2021 @ 6:57am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 114 comments
Nick0Taylor Jun 9, 2018 @ 11:54am 
to navigate to the file you need to replace go to the steam workshp folder for me its D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\workshop\ locate the folder 48700 (should be warband) and then find the mods folder 948075218 in there you will find the menus.txt open it just to check if it is the correct one in the 3rd line it should have a few words and numbers and then say "you enter a world of deceit and treachery" if so just replace the file
Maxim.Shady Jun 9, 2018 @ 1:23pm 
Where is the Item Menu? I have done everything but i still don't find it
Nick0Taylor Jun 9, 2018 @ 1:55pm 
Originally posted by max.w.0611:
its a cheatmenu from wich you can access every item in the game. you have to hit the key left of the 1 and type "cheatmenu" to activate it then you access the camp click options, more, cheat menu. make sure you have cheats enabled though or it will not work. If you still cant find it you can find step by steps online with pictures or videos on how to use the cheat menu
Last edited by Nick0Taylor; Jun 9, 2018 @ 2:04pm
Maxim.Shady Jun 9, 2018 @ 2:23pm 
Originally posted by Nick0Taylor:
its a cheatmenu from wich you can access every item in the game. you have to hit the key left of the 1 and type "cheatmenu" to activate it then you access the camp click options, more, cheat menu. make sure you have cheats enabled though or it will not work. If you still cant find it you can find step by steps online with pictures or videos on how to use the cheat menu

i know how to find it usually but it just isn't there? the camp menu is different than the native one and even with your menu txt the item menu doesn't show up. Sorry if i miss something but with the different camp menu i don't seem to find it
Nick0Taylor Jun 9, 2018 @ 2:32pm 

i know how to find it usually but it just isn't there? the camp menu is different than the native one and even with your menu txt the item menu doesn't show up. Sorry if i miss something but with the different camp menu i don't seem to find it
google "vikings conquest cheat menu" and youll find it its teh VC camp menu the whole mod is built on VC really
Maxim.Shady Jun 9, 2018 @ 2:43pm 

google "vikings conquest cheat menu" and youll find it its teh VC camp menu the whole mod is built on VC really

everything is there except the item menu.
Nick0Taylor Jun 9, 2018 @ 3:06pm 

everything is there except the item menu.
then i think you may still have the wrong menu txt man idk what else to tell you. if it isnt there somthing went wrong with the install.
Edit: Yeah i just checked again the version on the drive works if you cannot find the menu then you must have made a mistake somewhere along the way. Try redownloading the .txt and if that doesnt work i suggest reinstalling the mod and then my .txt
Last edited by Nick0Taylor; Jun 9, 2018 @ 3:13pm
TheLorax Jun 27, 2018 @ 12:32pm 
I switched the orginal text in the menus.txt with the new one but my game just crashes at the loading screen, help plz :(
Nick0Taylor Jun 28, 2018 @ 7:15am 
Originally posted by deadeye84:
I switched the orginal text in the menus.txt with the new one but my game just crashes at the loading screen, help plz :(
overwrite the new one wiht the old one and see if it works then. if it doesnt i am afraid you will have to reinstall. If it does make sure you have the newest mod version if not update, download the file again and try overwriting then.
bekillinyousoon Dec 7, 2018 @ 6:20pm 
thank you for the work
Yorch Dec 8, 2018 @ 4:25pm 
Doesn't work in the new version.
Space_Lettuce_OG Dec 9, 2018 @ 2:06am 
Ya it doesn't work with the new version....

While I am the same Space_Lettuce_OG mention in the P.S. Thank you.... I don't even remember how I did this in the past, it's been so long since I even looked at the mod tools. Anyone happen to know which of the mod tools is used to edit the menu.txt? I'm gonna try and get another cheat menu fix up and running
Nick0Taylor Dec 9, 2018 @ 2:09am 
Originally posted by Space_Lettuce_OG:
Ya it doesn't work with the new version....

While I am the same Space_Lettuce_OG mention in the P.S. Thank you.... I don't even remember how I did this in the past, it's been so long since I even looked at the mod tools. Anyone happen to know which of the mod tools is used to edit the menu.txt? I'm gonna try and get another cheat menu fix up and running
you can actually mess aropund with the menus.txt just with a normal text editor if you so choose. I am trying to work on a solution as well atm
Space_Lettuce_OG Dec 9, 2018 @ 2:13am 
Ahh, that's great to hear Nicko!

Well, let me know as soon as you get it working! There's a bug in the new 4.0 that makes the valyrian steel blacksmith not actually give you the sword when you give him the valyrian steel ore that Jon Snow eventually gives you.
Space_Lettuce_OG Dec 9, 2018 @ 2:14am 
Oh ya, now I remember, I did do it all in text editor! Shouldn't be too hard! I'll try working on it now too. Race you to finish it :p
< >
Showing 1-15 of 114 comments
Per page: 1530 50