Darkest Dungeon®

Darkest Dungeon®

Androu1's Musketeer
Gio Apr 6, 2017 @ 5:22pm
1.30 Bug Report
It looks like the 'Encourage' skill is missing entirely. Any ideas?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899819591
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Androu1  [developer] Apr 8, 2017 @ 2:05am 
Very strange. I just went to test it and the skill is showing up properly on my end. Using the mod from the workshop and not my local version of it too, just in case.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=900704102
Last edited by Androu1; Apr 8, 2017 @ 2:06am
Gio Apr 8, 2017 @ 3:42am 
*frowns*

Well, assuming my assets are all in order, I'm quite at a loss as how to explain this. I can try looking through the Nexus version, perhaps?
Androu1  [developer] Apr 8, 2017 @ 4:41am 
Might be worth a try. I'm pretty confused since I can't seem to replicate the issue, heh. Are you using another mod that could be conflicting with the Musketeer? Are the rest of the changes being applied and it's just Encourage that's missing?

EDIT: gotta admit I haven't been playing the game lately at all and have been using old saves to test things, though, so maybe this affects only newly spawned Musketeers? It would be very odd, but it would be a start...
Last edited by Androu1; Apr 8, 2017 @ 4:44am
Gio Apr 8, 2017 @ 4:59am 
Yeah, yours is the only mod running, and Encourage is it. Even ran through a quick dungeon with her and the other abilities work fine. As for old saves.. I couldn't give you an answer on that. :p
Androu1  [developer] Apr 8, 2017 @ 5:13am 
Ugh, it's so weird if that's the only ability that has an issue. Is the Muskeeter a new spawn or one you had before using my mod? I really have no idea what's causing problems lol
Dusky Apr 8, 2017 @ 6:17am 
Chiming in to say I have the same issue. New save, so fresh spawn and Encourage ability is just a black box - gone.
Androu1  [developer] Apr 8, 2017 @ 9:26am 
Thanks Dusky. I guess that, for whatever reason, it's only new Musketeers being affected.

I have no idea why it would only affect new Musketeers, though, but it's a start.
Androu1  [developer] Apr 8, 2017 @ 9:56am 
OK so I forced the game to spawn a Musketeer after the tutorial to test it out and... Encourage is working properly. I'm confused :steamfacepalm:

Can you guys enable debug output under options > others and tell me if you get any errors when loading a save with a broken Musketeer? (edit: other than 3 "trinket id is already in use" errores)

Alternatively, verify game cache, maybe.
Last edited by Androu1; Apr 8, 2017 @ 10:03am
Dusky Apr 8, 2017 @ 12:23pm 
Could not open file 'heroes/musketeer/musketeer.ability.eight.png', creating placeholder texture.
Dusky Apr 8, 2017 @ 12:26pm 
Having double checked, the ability is actually still there - it's just the button is only a few pixels because it doesn't have an image.
Androu1  [developer] Apr 8, 2017 @ 12:59pm 
Very strange, it shouldn't be missing the icon for it. Or, if it were, I should be missing it on my end too when using the mod from the Workshop...

Can you check the mod's folder itself and see if the file is missing? It would be something like ...\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\885902143\heroes\musketeer and the file is called "musketeer.ability.eight.png"
Dusky Apr 8, 2017 @ 1:37pm 
I've just checked. The file is there and I don't see anything wrong with it. The name is correct, it opens to the correct icon - looks totally fine :s

Dusky Apr 8, 2017 @ 1:41pm 
So, it's fixable by copying the png from ...\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\885902143\heroes\musketeer and pasting it directly into ...\Steam\steamapps\common\DarkestDungeon\heroes\musketeer

No idea why, but it works.
Androu1  [developer] Apr 8, 2017 @ 2:56pm 
That's very odd, Dusky, but thank you! I'm guessing it's an issue with the current mod support not loading all-new files such as my icon. I guess I can just fix this quickly by replacing the Patch Up icon instead of making a new file.

EDIT: replacing the old "six" icon (original Patch Up) in my mod's files and renaming my "eight" icon to be the "six" icon makes the game load the original Patch Up icon, ignoring my modified file. Urgh, this seems to be on the game though. I have lots of of issues with mods right now because the game seems to prioritize the original files.
Last edited by Androu1; Apr 8, 2017 @ 3:06pm
Gio Apr 8, 2017 @ 4:32pm 
@Dusky: Awesome QA work!

@Androu: I guess the only solution is to report the bug upstream to RedHook. Also, how did you spawn a Musketeer?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50