Stellaris

Stellaris

Mass Effect Civilizations - Asari
Princess Stabbity  [developer] Mar 18, 2018 @ 10:47am
Orphaned NSC compatibility patch looking for a new home
As of today, we have ceased development of most of our compatibility projects. We have decided that the time and effort required to investigate, develop, test, provide continuous maintenance and technical support for third party mods was detrimental to the development of our own mods.

Specifically, we will no longer provide NSC compatibility on our end and plans to support RS and ISB have been cancelled as well.

However, if anyone else is interested in picking up so the work that's already gone into it does not turn into a complete waste, please feel free to use these files as a starting point for developing and publishing your own compatibility patches between Team Nessassity shipsets and third party mods:

Asari NSC files[gofile.io]

Known issues:
  • The Flagship mid section, and the ship model assigned to it, is triplicated. Reassigning the model from mid to stern could potentially fix it.
  • The Flagship PD sections point to Titan entities instead of Flagship entities. That is an NSC issue (section_templates) and is unfixable from the entity setup level
  • NSC is using deprecated ship section setups that we have long stopped supporting. As such, many weapon locators are missing, misplaced or otherwise messed up. Those will have to be adjusted manually. Have fun!
  • the "Fleet Support Ship" is not included at all because I only learned of its existence today
  • Fixing or devising workarounds for all of the above requires a moderate level of knowledge on ship entities and locators, as well as familiarity with the NSC file structure and entity setup. Please do NOT ask us for any help.
Last edited by Princess Stabbity; May 24, 2021 @ 2:34am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
RedRapture Mar 23, 2018 @ 6:43pm 
If no one has volunteered after I get experience with all of the above needs with BSG, I'll look at giving it a shot.
Princess Stabbity  [developer] Mar 23, 2018 @ 6:45pm 
@RedRapture: Thak you <3 That would help a lot!
Oorillon Apr 13, 2018 @ 7:33am 
Originally posted by RedRapture:
If no one has volunteered after I get experience with all of the above needs with BSG, I'll look at giving it a shot.

That would be realy awesome :)
I hope we can see a NSC and Downscaled Ships compatibility patch one day for this and Elves of Stellaris
AmberGoldPL May 9, 2018 @ 1:37pm 
Yeah - I'd love to see NSC2 compactibility for tihs mod.
CMDR Virgil Steel Jun 27, 2018 @ 3:12pm 
So what's with the comp patch? I really want to play with asari shipset, but i can't imagine my life in stellaris without NSC.
Sophia Llriandri Jun 28, 2018 @ 11:24am 
I'm currently working on a compat patch right now. So far the only remaining issue is a Destiny Ascension sandwich problem, which I hope can be easily fixed.

Oh, also, I've had to re-use the old military outpost models for the 2nd & 3rd tier defense platforms for now, and there is no bespoke solar stronghold model, but it simply stays the same model as the vanilla top tier starbase.

Lastly, some locators are a bit janky, but good enough for me atm. What I'll be happy to do possibly is upload the patch "as is", and then someone can take it from there? (I don't know it that will be helpful)

Update:

Duplication/Triplication issue of the Flagship mid section is caused by the nsc section_templates files calling the "mid1" section 3 times, rather than a mid/mid2/mid3, thus triplicating the Flagship/Destiny Ascension model.

Update 2:

As per Princess Stabbity's suggestion, moving the model to the stern section alleviated the issue.
Last edited by Sophia Llriandri; Jun 28, 2018 @ 11:57am
Larabee Jun 29, 2018 @ 4:14pm 
@Sophia Llriandri Please notifiy me asap when your patch is done I need it for a mod pack Im updating and expanding
Sophia Llriandri Jun 30, 2018 @ 1:16am 
I'm certainly happy to upload what I've got, whether it is considered "done" however, well, its done well enough for my playthroughs ^^. I have ships that fit the role of each NSC category, some have been pushed around a bit (so for e.g. cruisers & battleship classes don't quite have as many options as before).

Big caveat: unfamiliar weapon locators will be janky, as I don't have Maya or Blender installed, and thus unable to edit the .mesh files.

Here are the files:

NSC Patch[www84.zippyshare.com]
Last edited by Sophia Llriandri; Jun 30, 2018 @ 1:16am
Larabee Jun 30, 2018 @ 2:34am 
Ill finish it off, the weapon locations arent a big deal
Sophia Llriandri Jun 30, 2018 @ 3:08am 
Awesome, thank you!
Niveksirrah Dec 10, 2018 @ 1:19pm 
The old NSC patch, while out of date, worked before. However now I don't think it will due to ships now needing Alloy's to build. I understand no offical patch will be coming from Princess Stabbity but I suppose I'm putting this here as a call for anyone who might be interested in helping a fella out and helping to make NSC patches for this mod? it is after all such an amazing mod!
Hexagoros May 29, 2020 @ 2:59pm 
Someone PUHLEAZE remake the NSC patch V____V
The Hat May 30, 2020 @ 2:16am 
Someone just deleted the patch, which was very annoying I wish they'd just kept an out of date one up there as its broke my games. If anyone takes it over please just label it legacy or discontinued etc rather than delete it with no trace.
Hexagoros May 30, 2020 @ 10:46am 
The files are still downloadable in the link...but I have no idea what to do with them :S
< >
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
Per page: 1530 50