ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Pet Res
Engram Problem
This is mod requires people switch to SpecificEngram Control.

You require people "HIDE" Engrams for the resource revival cost engrams they will not use.

This cannot be done on regular servers.

Engram control does not work with just "single engrams". To use this mod as it is with a specific Resource Revival Choice Engram available means that admins have to set this flag Game.ini:

Originally posted by Flag must be set to allow ANY engram control:
bOnlyAllowSpecifiedEngrams=true

When this is set, the server must now list ALL THE ENGRAMS available to be used. If a person has a heavily modded server, then that could literally mean hundreds of Engram Entries JUST to make this mod work.

My Game.ini is 2,132 Lines, of which 1,312 are OverrideNamedEngramEntries.

This mod is easy for me to use, but for others, people who do not control engrams or non-primitive servers - this mod will be a lot of work, and even a nightmare for some.

You may wish to do different versions of this mod that allow for greater ease of use.

Hope this helps.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Suggestion

For servers that do not have engrams controlled make a mod for each level of difficulty for Soulstone Crafting, and of course one mod with all the engram levels there which is for "Mod controlled/primitive" servers.

Hope you can sort this out in a way that isn't too much extra work.
Last edited by Sweet Briana 💋™; Aug 12, 2016 @ 7:24am
SynfulOne Aug 13, 2016 @ 12:40am 
Originally posted by briana:

You require people "HIDE" Engrams for the resource revival cost engrams they will not use.

Engram control does not work with just "single engrams". To use this mod as it is with a specific Resource Revival Choice Engram available means that admins have to set this flag Game.ini:

When this is set, the server must now list ALL THE ENGRAMS available to be used. If a person has a heavily modded server, then that could literally mean hundreds of Engram Entries JUST to make this mod work.

My Game.ini is 2,132 Lines, of which 1,312 are OverrideNamedEngramEntries.

This mod is easy for me to use, but for others, people who do not control engrams or non-primitive servers - this mod will be a lot of work, and even a nightmare for some.

You may wish to do different versions of this mod that allow for greater ease of use.

Hope this helps.

2nd'd. Fantastic work btw =)
Duncanas  [developer] Aug 14, 2016 @ 1:51am 
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure that this is still the case regarding setting engrams. I run a dedicated server here at home and all I have to do is add these lines to my game.ini and it works fine. Not sure if I'm missing something with regards to other kinds of servers.

Regardless one of the other modders on discord has come up with some interesting way to manage engrams in game that I plan to try out in the next couple of days that may allow me to configure the mod in the normal configuration file.

For the last few days I've just been trying to deal with some crazy persistence behaviors that I think I finally have cracked.
SynfulOne Aug 14, 2016 @ 6:31pm 
Originally posted by Milow:
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure that this is still the case regarding setting engrams. I run a dedicated server here at home and all I have to do is add these lines to my game.ini and it works fine. Not sure if I'm missing something with regards to other kinds of servers.

Regardless one of the other modders on discord has come up with some interesting way to manage engrams in game that I plan to try out in the next couple of days that may allow me to configure the mod in the normal configuration file.

For the last few days I've just been trying to deal with some crazy persistence behaviors that I think I finally have cracked.
Great to hear =) Don't work yourself too hard, but again, fantastic mod/idea. Cheers o/
Hey, if we no longer have to "Add Engrams" to the

Wow thats a big change.. I run primitive exclusively so its not an experience i would have.. My game.ini is over 2000 lines long. Haha.
SynfulOne Aug 15, 2016 @ 9:44am 
Hey, if we no longer have to "Add Engrams" to the

Wow thats a big change.. I run primitive exclusively so its not an experience i would have.. My game.ini is over 2000 lines long. Haha.
How is it alive? ;-;
Jon Bon Aug 22, 2016 @ 3:30pm 

I run a dedicated server here at home and all I have to do is add these lines to my game.ini and it works fine.

Confirmed, that for me, the engrams were not displayed in the engram list until I added bOnlyAllowSpecifiedEngrams=true on my dedicated server I host.
SavageCaliber Oct 3, 2016 @ 5:35pm 
why did you change it ? why didnt you leave it the same and just let people hid the engrmas for the unwanted crystals
SavageCaliber Oct 3, 2016 @ 5:37pm 

please let me know once you have fixed the issue with the engrams as for its making all engrams on my server unlearnable
Rawtee69 Oct 25, 2016 @ 7:03am 
I GET IT NOW! AWESOME...MOD.
I must have the life force crystal ; as per My INI setup.
I kind of thought it might be this way.
Possibly though..
let's have a tombstone so we can place them where we can always get to them.... ?
like at the/a base ....
that's the only thing I feel is missing.
thanks everyone.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50