RimWorld

RimWorld

P-Music
Egg Mar 29, 2021 @ 11:43am
How would I make an addon for this mod to add more songs?
I've seen workshop uploads of soundtracks to go with this mod, how do I make one?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Peppsen  [developer] Mar 30, 2021 @ 2:58am 
All music are addons. If you simply make a mod that adds music, it will be compatible with other music mods. The easiest way for you to make one is to just copy my mod structure and edit it with your own songs.
nintendude794 Dec 25, 2021 @ 7:32pm 
The xml files designating different game states for each track make this process a little tedious. But I started messing around with it a little, haven't tested it yet!
Gnarlycuga Jun 18, 2022 @ 8:22pm 
Originally posted by nintendude794:
The xml files designating different game states for each track make this process a little tedious. But I started messing around with it a little, haven't tested it yet!
Did you get it to work? I'm thinking of trying this same thing too
Alcadior Nov 1, 2022 @ 11:22pm 
So i got it working with some others songs it was pretty easy. First things first you have to have .ogg files that's very important. secondly within the workshop files for this mod (ID-725130005) there is a folder called sounds and that is where you need to place the .ogg files.

Now within the mod folder there is a folder called 'Defs' you need to open that then subsequently open 'SongDefs'. Then you need to use a text editor to open the xml file.

This is the format that worked for me. Before the </SongDefs> at the bottom of the file you need to add this structure

<SongDef>
<clipPath>song1</clipPath>
<volume>0.9</volume>
<tense>true</tense>
<allowedTimeOfDay>Day</allowedTimeOfDay>
<playOnMap>true</playOnMap>
</SongDef>

<SongDef>
<clipPath>song2</clipPath>
<volume>0.8</volume>
<tense>false</tense>
<allowedTimeOfDay>Night</allowedTimeOfDay>
<playOnMap>false</playOnMap>
</SongDef>

<SongDef>
<clipPath>song3</clipPath>
<volume>0.6</volume>
<tense>true</tense>
<allowedTimeOfDay>Night</allowedTimeOfDay>
<playOnMap>true</playOnMap>
</SongDef>

<volume></volume> : I believe this sets max volume for the song but I'm not entirely sure.
<allowedTimeOfDay></AllowedTimeOfDay> : Sets song to play at day or night
<playOnMap></playOnMap> : Sets song as a main menu or end credit song.
<tense></tense> : If set to "true" the song plays during combat.

WARNINGS.
Do NOT put the file extention after the track title as that will result in errors and no song.
As far as i know the song title shouldnt have any special characters in it like %$#@!^&*() but it can have ''_'' i used Freac to replace the spaces in the filenames of my songs to underscores.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50