XCOM 2
Free Camera Rotation
wasteland_ghost  [developer] Feb 6, 2016 @ 11:46pm
Resolving Missing Required Downloadable Content Issue
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=620684122

If you can't get your saves to work:
1. Take a screenshot of an error message.
2. Find the log file located here: [My Documents]\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Logs\Launch.log and either upload it somewhere or copy/paste it to pastebin.com.
3. Submit a post here with the screen shot and the log file links.
Last edited by wasteland_ghost; Feb 10, 2016 @ 2:45am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Glen Feb 7, 2016 @ 3:14am 
Hi Ghost, followed your above steps last night. Still having some issues though - on opening the game the first time I load a save it works perfectly. After that it then refuse's to load saying it's missing "FreeCameraRotation".

Weirdly if I create a quick save and delete it then I can load any other save; so still perfectly playable if a bit annoying.

Oh yes - saves seem to multiply - as in I can see loads of copies of the same autosave on the menu when trying to load.
Last edited by Glen; Feb 7, 2016 @ 3:15am
wasteland_ghost  [developer] Feb 7, 2016 @ 4:18am 
If you uninstall all the mods, what error message you get? Looks like you might have had both proper FreeCameraRotation and bugged FreeCameraRotationandZoom mods installed at the same time somehow.
apric Feb 7, 2016 @ 6:15am 
I also cannot load any of yesterday's saves: missing "FreeCameraRotation" mod error message.
I followed your steps exactly (even tried the deep renaming).
The workaround posted by Glen is not working for me (create + delete a new quicksave, then try to load the real save game).
Last edited by apric; Feb 7, 2016 @ 6:17am
wasteland_ghost  [developer] Feb 7, 2016 @ 6:51am 
How long do you have this mod installed? FreeCameraRotationandZoom rename is needed on ly for those who installed the mod during the "unlucky update". Simply resubscribe to this mod to get FreeCameraRotation named mod and make sure you don't have FreeCameraRotationandZoom installed.
LUKA Feb 7, 2016 @ 7:24am 
Rename it FreeCameraRotationandZoom only if it says that its the mod missing.
Worked like a charm for me, thanks for the reaction.
Queen Feb 7, 2016 @ 9:20am 
Hi,

I've tried downloading the nexus mod file and installed it as per instructions, the game gives me an error message saying it couldn't find the FreeCameraRotation Mod.

When I load my save using the workshop version of the mod, the level tries to load but crashes me back to the desktop.
Here's a copy of the logfile:

http://pastebin.com/C3qV0AX5

The only other mod I have installed is the Long War Leader mod
Last edited by Queen; Feb 7, 2016 @ 9:21am
wasteland_ghost  [developer] Feb 7, 2016 @ 10:07am 
Why are you using renaming fix if your save requires FreeCameraRotation? Remove manually installed mod and re-subscribe.
SweatyTesty Feb 7, 2016 @ 10:24am 
if i dont want to use the mod anymore can i just unsubscribe from it and will i be able to save my game???
wasteland_ghost  [developer] Feb 7, 2016 @ 10:28am 
Unfortunately, no. And we had no information on this prior to when we started using mods and enabling/disabling/renaming them. We hope devs will do something about this in the next patch.
Magic Man Feb 7, 2016 @ 12:41pm 
Followed the manual install from Nexus Mods and renamed the directory and mod as described, game loaded fine, Many thanks.
apric Feb 7, 2016 @ 5:16pm 
Found a solution wich worked for me:
1. delete Mods folder contents in game folder (may already be empty)
2. steam: verify game integrity (this may reset some custom config changes etc.)
2. workshop: unsubscribe from all mods, then resubscribe
Last edited by apric; Feb 7, 2016 @ 5:17pm
Adam Feb 7, 2016 @ 10:23pm 
Hey I have tried all things and cant seem to find a solution I have the mods of extra countries, the 3 long war mods and rotation this log is with the workshop version installed.

http://www.megafileupload.com/aglR/XCom-CL161382-2016.02.07-19.08.35_Logfile.log
http://www.megafileupload.com/aglQ/Capture.PNG

thanks for the help I hope I can find a solution cause it sucks not being able to play this awesome game.
wasteland_ghost  [developer] Feb 7, 2016 @ 11:22pm 
Looks like Steam problem. Most of the mods are mirrored on Nexusmods, so you can try unsubscribing from them in workshop and installing them manually.
Mo Feb 9, 2016 @ 3:54am 
Tried everything suggested in here, nothing is working. 25 hours in and have to restart, far more frustrating than any missed +90% shot.
wasteland_ghost  [developer] Feb 9, 2016 @ 6:16am 
If you have read the firs post, why haven't you provided what I ask to provide and haven't asked for help? There are multiple ways to resolve missing mod related problems, all you need to do is be patient, cooperate and read descriptions and posts carefully.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 1530 50