Space Engineers

Space Engineers

Enhanced Gravity Generators - pulling ships together, literally
jackik Aug 24, 2015 @ 3:18pm
suggestion - ripping force
could you make it so ships rip apart if there is too much force going on? would make a greate bomb type or trap type weapon and also make it easier to disect and recycle captured ships
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Digi  [developer] Aug 24, 2015 @ 5:41pm 
Nope as the game doesn't have any structural integrity and I can't just add such a complicated thing.
jackik Aug 25, 2015 @ 2:49am 
isn't there a way to disconnect cubes at certain coordinates? and if not coulnd't you just destroy those cubes? the game would then create separet grids automaticaly.
HeKis4 Aug 26, 2015 @ 7:02am 
Maybe have a formula based on the proximity of a block and the gravity involved, if there is a strong gravity and two blocks of the ship are far away from each other, separate them ? I have no idea about the performance impact on such a thing though.
jackik Aug 26, 2015 @ 7:44am 
i think the bing issue about this is that armor blocks can't really be modified because they don't really have any atributes apart from their defomation, coordinates and build state. They can't be listed using standart listing commands. As far as the game is concerned, they don't have a "function". But the SE Toolbox is able to change build state of armor blocks at precise coordinates. So wouldn't it be possible to use that function realtime without quick saving and reloding the world file? If not could you force save the world, halt the ingame time, apply the function and the reload and continue ingame time?(Oh and then apply that to any gravity influenced grid apart from stations(with a confic file please, for those that wouldn't appreciate it)):steammocking:
Nytonial Aug 28, 2015 @ 10:58am 
Originally posted by Digi:
Nope as the game doesn't have any structural integrity and I can't just add such a complicated thing.
But medievil engineers does...
Couldnt you take that system into SE?
jackik Aug 28, 2015 @ 11:42am 
i believe that to be a diferent game
prelol Sep 24, 2015 @ 7:51am 
i think medieval engineers can do this, lets wait untill the 2 games collab a bit more, when they start adding planets, soon after there will be structural integrety... probably... and if not, the 2 games kinda work in the same way so i think... in some way of modding... this should be possible
RangerOfTheOrder Nov 6, 2015 @ 5:57am 
Originally posted by jackik1410:
I believe they run the same game engine though. In theory, what works in one game could work in the other.
Barley Jan 8, 2016 @ 6:24pm 
Originally posted by DrivenbyDiamond:
Originally posted by jackik1410:
I believe they run the same game engine though. In theory, what works in one game could work in the other.
They both run on the same engine correct!
jackik Jan 15, 2016 @ 12:04pm 
but is it certain that something like that doesn't interfer with the things that are different as in the things that the engine works with. they may plan to implement something like that in a (very) future patch and might have it already in the engine but block its execution. those blockers might justt be overwriteable. the code could possibly simply include a reference to the already semi enabled code in the engine. one of the smallest mods in history.
uglydisease Feb 3, 2019 @ 3:29pm 
Trying to add code from one game to another can be a huge challenge, think about all the variety of games that use unreal or unity 3d engine. Sure its possible, these are computer programs anything is possible the question is how much time does any of have to do something cool (especially if we arnt getting paid for it :)
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50