Train Simulator Classic 2024

Train Simulator Classic 2024

New Haven - Boston
Mr._Headshot  [developer] May 1, 2015 @ 7:35am
Quick Drive Troubleshooting Steps
Use the following troubleshooting steps if quick drive scenarios are not working properly (crashing during load, not showing up, etc).

METHOD 1: CLEAR GAME CACHE
1) Load Train Simulator 2015.
2) Once on the main menu, click "Settings" at the top-right corner.
3) Click "Tools"
4) Click "Clear Cache"
5) Click "Yes" when the prompt appears.

The game will restart. Now try to load a quick drive.

METHOD 2: FORCE CLOSE STEAM PROCESS
1) Make sure TS2015 is not running.
2) Open the Task Manager (ALT+CTRL+DELETE or SHIFT+CTRL+ESC)
3) Force close the Steam Client Bootstrapper and any other Steam processes.
4) Start TS2015. The Steam client will automatically restart and the route should update.

METHOD 3: DELETE THE ROUTE AND RE-DOWNLOAD
1) Navigate to your Railworks directory. By default this is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Railworks"
2) Go into the "Content" folder and then the "Routes" folder.
3) Find the folder named "9394438b-225d-4090-9483-e326aba27831" and delete it.
4) Restart your computer.
5) Start TS2015 and everything should be updated (you might have to open and close TS2015 a couple times).
Last edited by Mr._Headshot; May 12, 2015 @ 6:01am
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Sun May 6, 2015 @ 6:53pm 
i followed method 3 and now i cant get it to download any more and i cant get the file any were can you help?
Mr._Headshot  [developer] May 7, 2015 @ 7:47am 
If you are still subscribed to the route, it should re-download the next time you completely restart Steam. Go to the main menu, click Build, go to the Route tab, and see if "New Haven to Boston" is listed. If not, it has been deleted. If it is there, click it and click Delete. Then completely restart your computer. Now open TS2015. Let it sit on the main menu for a few minutes so the route will download. At this point, close the game and re-open it a few times. You'll know it's fully downloaded when you go to select a quick drive and see New Haven to Boston along with the route picture.

I am sorry that the workshop is screwing people over like this. I'm thinking of releasing updates on Dropbox as well so people can choose to download a fullly complete version of the route instead of relying on the Steam Workshop.
jweaver May 11, 2015 @ 12:58pm 
You may want to change the filename posted above. To be exact my folder for the route comes up as "9394438b-225d-4090-9483-e326aba27831" just so that you know.
Last edited by jweaver; May 11, 2015 @ 12:58pm
Mr._Headshot  [developer] May 12, 2015 @ 6:01am 
Thanks. Yeah it was different for some reason.
Walter White Jul 12, 2015 @ 2:36pm 
I redownloaded the route, but the quick drives are still messed up. There are not enough QD start points.
Last edited by Walter White; Jul 12, 2015 @ 2:37pm
Mr._Headshot  [developer] Jul 12, 2015 @ 5:44pm 
That's intended for the moment. I have two Amtrak quick drives set up to go from BOS-NHV and vice-versa. I have MBTA quick drives set up between Wickford and Boston (and you can go to Gillette Stadium). I have Shore Line East quick drives set up from NLC-NHV and vice-versa.

Do you think the are messed up because of the lack of start points? Or is it crashing when loading a quick drive?
Last edited by Mr._Headshot; Jul 12, 2015 @ 5:44pm
Walter White Jul 13, 2015 @ 1:43pm 
I fixed the Quick Drive problem by reclocking the route icon. I cannot start at certain points such as Providence station or Gilette Stadium - that explains that I can stop at the end points for Amtrak, MBTA, or SLE services
Mr._Headshot  [developer] Jul 13, 2015 @ 1:44pm 
These destinations will be added back later. I just needed something quick and dirty so people can test the entire route starting from either end.
Bob_Robert Jul 23, 2016 @ 4:26pm 
Is one of the possible issues that doing this will fix platforms and some scenery not showing up, even though i have Acadamy, NY-NH, and NJCL?
Mr._Headshot  [developer] Jul 23, 2016 @ 5:54pm 
Originally posted by dbright975:
Is one of the possible issues that doing this will fix platforms and some scenery not showing up, even though i have Acadamy, NY-NH, and NJCL?
No. IF you are certain that you have all the required DLC and that they are not corrupted, then try turning up graphics settings. Are you playing on lowest settings?
Bob_Robert Jul 25, 2016 @ 4:21am 
I very well might be. I'll try that
Mr._Headshot  [developer] Jul 25, 2016 @ 8:18am 
The display of objects is directly connected to what your graphics settings are. Less settings, less objects show up.
SanjinCrescent Dec 5, 2022 @ 6:13am 
Are you still working on the catenery from New Haven Union? The structures are there, bur no power lines from Union Station to the end of NH State St
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50