RimWorld

RimWorld

Big and Small - Genes & More
i get red errors on startup with just this mod, HAR and the framework
RimWorld 1.5.4066 rev841
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Message (string)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber ()
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit ()
Verse.Root:Start ()
Verse.Root_Entry:Start ()

[Big and Small - Genes & More] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(Defs/ThoughtDef[defName="GroinUncovered_Disapproved_Male"]/nullifyingGenes) failed
file: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\2920751126\1.5\Common\Patches\vanilla_Patch.xml
Verse.Log:Error (string)
Verse.PatchOperation:Complete (string)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ClearCachedPatches ()
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods (bool)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad ()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData (bool)
Verse.Root/<>c:<Start>b__6_1 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler/<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__28_0 ()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context (object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart ()

[Big and Small - Genes & More] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(Defs/ThoughtDef[defName="GroinUncovered_Disapproved_Social_Male"]/nullifyingGenes) failed
file: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\2920751126\1.5\Common\Patches\vanilla_Patch.xml
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object,bool)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext,System.Threading.ContextCallback,object)

[Big and Small - Genes & More] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(Defs/ThoughtDef[defName="GroinOrChestUncovered_Disapproved_Male"]/nullifyingGenes) failed

[Big and Small - Genes & More] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(Defs/ThoughtDef[defName="GroinOrChestUncovered_Disapproved_Social_Male"]/nullifyingGenes) failed

[Big and Small - Genes & More] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(Defs/ThoughtDef[defName="GroinChestOrHairUncovered_Disapproved_Male"]/nullifyingGenes) failed

[Big and Small - Genes & More] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(Defs/ThoughtDef[defName="GroinChestOrHairUncovered_Disapproved_Social_Male"]/nullifyingGenes) failed

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.SoundDef named Pawn_Melee_Punch_HitBuilding found to give to Verse.RaceProperties Verse.RaceProperties (using undefined sound instead)
Verse.Log:Warning (string)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader/WantedRefForObject:TryResolve (Verse.FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader/<>c__DisplayClass16_1:<ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences>b__0 (Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader/WantedRef)
Verse.GenThreading/<>c__DisplayClass7_1`1<Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader/WantedRef>:<ParallelForEach>b__0 (object)
System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback:WaitCallback_Context (object)
System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback:System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem ()
System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue:Dispatch ()
System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback:PerformWaitCallback ()

Textures were not found for one or more extended graphics, enable devmode for more information
AlienRace.ExtendedGraphics.DefaultGraphicsLoader:LoadAllGraphics (string,AlienRace.AlienPartGenerator/ExtendedGraphicTop[])
AlienRace.AlienPartGenerator:GenerateMeshsAndMeshPools (AlienRace.ExtendedGraphics.IGraphicsLoader)
AlienRace.AlienPartGenerator:GenerateMeshsAndMeshPools ()
AlienRace.HarmonyPatches:.cctor ()
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (System.RuntimeTypeHandle)
Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:CallAll ()
Verse.PlayDataLoader/<>c:<DoPlayLoad>b__4_4 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate (bool&)
Verse.Root:Update ()
Verse.Root_Entry:Update ()

Alien race successfully completed 250 patches with harmony.
AlienRace.HarmonyPatches:.cctor ()
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (System.RuntimeTypeHandle)
Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:CallAll ()
Verse.PlayDataLoader/<>c:<DoPlayLoad>b__4_4 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate (bool&)
Verse.Root:Update ()
Verse.Root_Entry:Update ()

its quite a block of stuff, but i hope it helps -> am i doing anything wrong on my end? am i missing something?
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
anything?
WabbaCat Apr 28 @ 2:57pm 
mines giving red error like that... but its for a NekoReanimate ability and just that. Three red errors all related to the same thing.
Originally posted by WabbaCat:
but its for a NekoReanimate ability and just that.

in this case my game just has this mod and its dependencies to make sure it is this mod.

now i dont program, but if my english is correct apparently this mod tries to modify values to do with "grion or chest uncovered" in the "vanilla_patch" file. i checked if that vanilla patch thing is write protected, which it isnt.

soooo any more help?
WabbaCat Apr 28 @ 3:39pm 
Would have to wait on the mod author I think... last I heard, he was sick and unable to work with messes of code.
Originally posted by WabbaCat:
Would have to wait on the mod author I think... last I heard, he was sick and unable to work with messes of code.

yeah. he's been answering some stuff in the comments. dont want to rush him
RedMattis  [developer] May 3 @ 1:52am 
Mostly the issue is that Steam doesn't give me notifications about threads unless I've commented in them.

As for the actual issue, well, I don't actually get any errors with HAR and B&S Genes.

Notably the these lines:

"""
[Big and Small - Genes & More] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(Defs/ThoughtDef[defName="GroinUncovered_Disapproved_Male"]/nullifyingGenes) failed
"""

Should not be able to fail unless you've edited your RW files or another mod deletes parts since that is a vanilla ThoughtDef which always has "nullifyingGenes" due to the vanilla furskin gene being there. Being write-protected or not doesn't matter, patches are applied during runtime, they don't edit the files on disk.

I'd suggest verifying your files and deleting old configs and see if that helps.
speaking of, since I mentioned it earlier.
I no longer get those red errors for NekoReanimate ability. I dont think I even ever found out what was causing it.
Someone fixed it at some point apparently.

How's your issue Drache?
Last edited by WabbaCat; May 3 @ 1:24pm
nope. still the issue. verified files, set options back to default, uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled it on a different harddrive, still the same issue, but now its no longer failing on "D" but on "E". im gonna try to get some mods to no longer download from the workshop, but if theyre not active, they shouldnt ♥♥♥♥ with stuff, should they?
Originally posted by drache444444:
[...] some mods to no longer download from the workshop, but if theyre not active, they shouldnt ♥♥♥♥ with stuff, should they?

apparently they do. i dont know which one it was, but i had some furry race mods, they no longer download, re-installed the game again and whoops, they gone. couldnt/didnt use them anyways because they didnt get updated to 1.5.

now the problems gone, whoooo! thanks for the help
WabbaCat May 4 @ 12:09pm 
yea... that sounds like some other things I have heard of late,... what with the inactive mods somehow causing issues. Would have never guessed that was your issue tho.
yeah, the red messages are back, i uninstalled all other mods except harmony, big and small framework and big and small races. well and this one of course.

does it do anything? do the red messages mean anything as in its not gonna work?
Last edited by drache444444; May 15 @ 1:31pm
RedMattis  [developer] May 16 @ 1:05am 
yeah, the red messages are back, i uninstalled all other mods except harmony, big and small framework and big and small races. well and this one of course.

does it do anything? do the red messages mean anything as in its not gonna work?
Please link to Hugslog, Pastebin or another place with the full logs. I can't do much to help otherwise.
Originally posted by RedMattis:
Please link to Hugslog, Pastebin or another place with the full logs. I can't do much to help otherwise.

https://pastebin.com/926ADdiC

here ya go, thanks for the help.
a fren of mine said that red errors basically dont need to mean anything in terms of functionality, so thats mostly what im interested in. if that error basically doesnt have an impact on the game its fine.

EDIT: i forgot the link hurr durr smort
Last edited by drache444444; May 16 @ 5:21am
RedMattis  [developer] May 18 @ 10:51am 
Originally posted by RedMattis:

https://pastebin.com/926ADdiC

here ya go, thanks for the help.
a fren of mine said that red errors basically dont need to mean anything in terms of functionality, so thats mostly what im interested in. if that error basically doesnt have an impact on the game its fine.

EDIT: i forgot the link hurr durr smort
A bit strange that those patches fail, but they are quite unimportant.

I'd advise verifying cache via though, in case some def is missing. Steam very often fails to download mods properly in various ways.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50