Mount & Blade: Warband

Mount & Blade: Warband

Revenge of the Berserk - Rebirth
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Sionfel  [developer] Apr 1, 2023 @ 12:48pm
Feature Requests!
Request features, I will catalog them here with my own notes.

Planned Features

• Competing, Dynamic Mercenary Parties
    I want independent hero led parties with specific compositions and themes running about during the Golden Age arc. This would also solve the awkwardness of Mercs being lords in their kingdoms when a lot of the Falcon>Phoenix drama was their being granted a title.
  • New Mercenary Contract System
    More indepth than the current system, I would love to see specific contracts and quests given to mercenaries, and contracts expiring after their contracted goals are met. Just a little more pazzazz
  • Lord and Lady Death
    Depending on how far into the mod you've gotten, you've seen the alpha version of this! I want it dynamically killing Heroes in the field as well, giving you a new way to weaken a kingdom. Obviously applying this to more of the characters we know die during the story.
  • Blacksmiths
    The groundwork is already there for damaging weapons and needing repairs to equipment. I want to add another system to automagically repair and maintain stuff just so it's not a drain on player time or resources. But Blacksmiths can repair, sharpen and improve equipment. They won't be everywhere, but where they are will sell better quality items than in other places.
  • In-depth Bounty Hunting
    Every week a group of random bounties are passed to the taverns and village masters, not just individuals but also groups and hideouts. If you're "unpopular" maybe you'll be on the list and can be attacked by the competition
  • VERY TOP SECRET SYSTEM
    I have written a literal thesis length breakdown of this system and its implementation. Digging through the files will spoil it, 100%
  • Apostle Released Forms
    Apostles should panic and enter a strengthened form if you are too much for their human forms to handle.
  • Dynamic Apostle System
    Outside of adding the known Apostles, a system where you can find and hunt other Apostles for huge rewards would be a dream addition. Non-Guts playthroughs entering Apostlehood is a must as well.

Requested Features

• Dismemberment
    Not likely, not gonna lie. It's doable, and not too difficult, just not interesting to me personally
  • Character Size
    This is 100% doable and would be fairly easy. Consider it in the works
Last edited by Sionfel; Apr 3, 2023 @ 7:49pm
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Knight  [developer] Apr 2, 2023 @ 4:40pm 
Amputation when you mow down your enemies
Guts_Clang Apr 3, 2023 @ 4:31am 
Choosing size of player character? we have so many troops and lords with small and big Bodies it makes me envious hahah
Knight  [developer] Apr 4, 2023 @ 10:00am 
Originally posted by Guts_Clang:
Choosing size of player character? we have so many troops and lords with small and big Bodies it makes me envious hahah
Imagine playing as a dwarf lol
Guts_Clang Apr 4, 2023 @ 11:48am 
Originally posted by Knight:
Imagine playing as a dwarf lol
would be cool twins with Rickert lmao. Or being as big as Guts Pippin Zodd or Grunbeld
Guts_Clang Apr 4, 2023 @ 1:14pm 
Originally posted by Knight:
would be cool twins with Rickert lmao. Or being as big as Guts Pippin Zodd or Grunbeld
Lol, imagine being somehow bigger
There was this one Big guy with Griffith in Falconia i was around his knee height as Guts or maybe even not
Guts_Clang Jul 4, 2023 @ 11:49am 
something i wanted to propose but i've forgotten more options in Godo's Smithy maybe? or maybe it's being already implemented somehow since you're making some blacksmith feature update
Sionfel  [developer] Jul 5, 2023 @ 1:48pm 
something i wanted to propose but i've forgotten more options in Godo's Smithy maybe? or maybe it's being already implemented somehow since you're making some blacksmith feature update
I'll add it to the list! The current idea for Godo will be to allow you to purchase Guts' blades from him.

The current concept for Blacksmithing is tied to weapon durability and a more fantastical RPG based weapon system.

Your weapon will have a durability that will be lowered in battle by blocking attacks or having your attack blocked. Durability will be based on the weapon type, modifier and tier. Completely depleting the durability of a weapon will lower the modifier down a stage. Weapons which degrade past their lowest modifier will become broken in battle, causing you to draw a sidearm. Performing critical/perfect blocks will prevent weapon degradation, and inflict extra durability damage to your attacker’s weapon. Non-hero troops will have their weapons break instead of degrading if their durability is depleted.

Setting up camp will automatically resharpen your weapons based on your Blacksmithing tier, so frequent camping is recommended as broken weapons are not retrieved after a battle.

You will have blacksmithing options available at the campsite depending on your perks, or the members of your party. Allowing you to manually whetstone, forge or upgrade weapons at camp. Whetstone allows you to change the weapon modifier, Forging allows you to make new weapons, and Upgrading brings weapons from one tier to another. These options each cost time and materials.

In cities, as well as some castles and villages, Smiths will perform the same tasks as above for a cost of gold instead of materials. They will have different skill levels and some will be able to forge weapons exclusive to themselves. Becoming friends with the Smith will allow you to spend materials instead of gold.
Guts_Clang Jul 6, 2023 @ 9:23am 
Originally posted by Sionfel:
I'll add it to the list! The current idea for Godo will be to allow you to purchase Guts' blades from him.

The current concept for Blacksmithing is tied to weapon durability and a more fantastical RPG based weapon system.

Your weapon will have a durability that will be lowered in battle by blocking attacks or having your attack blocked. Durability will be based on the weapon type, modifier and tier. Completely depleting the durability of a weapon will lower the modifier down a stage. Weapons which degrade past their lowest modifier will become broken in battle, causing you to draw a sidearm. Performing critical/perfect blocks will prevent weapon degradation, and inflict extra durability damage to your attacker’s weapon. Non-hero troops will have their weapons break instead of degrading if their durability is depleted.

Setting up camp will automatically resharpen your weapons based on your Blacksmithing tier, so frequent camping is recommended as broken weapons are not retrieved after a battle.

You will have blacksmithing options available at the campsite depending on your perks, or the members of your party. Allowing you to manually whetstone, forge or upgrade weapons at camp. Whetstone allows you to change the weapon modifier, Forging allows you to make new weapons, and Upgrading brings weapons from one tier to another. These options each cost time and materials.

In cities, as well as some castles and villages, Smiths will perform the same tasks as above for a cost of gold instead of materials. They will have different skill levels and some will be able to forge weapons exclusive to themselves. Becoming friends with the Smith will allow you to spend materials instead of gold.
Sounds Great! can't wait to see new version of the mod! will Godo also be able to perform same as the other blacksmiths other than creating Guts Gear?
Sionfel  [developer] Jul 6, 2023 @ 10:09am 
Sounds Great! can't wait to see new version of the mod! will Godo also be able to perform same as the other blacksmiths other than creating Guts Gear?
100%! His unique crafting options will of course be Guts' swords, but he will also be a to do perform all of the Blacksmithing options available to the highest level.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50