Mount & Blade: Warband

Mount & Blade: Warband

Revenge of the Berserk - Rebirth
Renma Dec 7, 2023 @ 8:30pm
Bug with Midland army garrisoned inside Kushan castle
I've run into a bug (?) where Midland armies are garrisoned inside Kushan castles. Occasionally the Kushan try to engage them but just enter an endless engage/disengage loop (I left and came back later and they had moved on, though the castle still says under siege with the Midland lord inside).The Midland armies never leave and prevent the castle being sieged. All their territory was captured long ago, with just a couple of actual armies moving around the map still, so it seems they can't be defeated and trigger the next story step.

When I talk to one of the Midland generals inside a Kushan castle, he states that he's determining his next move. When asked how the war is going, he says we are at war with Kushan, and says we have 18 armies for their 18 (When I spoke to a roaming Midlander before he said 2 vs 18). When I ask him for the location of an ally, he lists Kushan lords.

Album here: https://imgur.com/a/guCeKtu

Save file here: https://mega.nz/file/L0dHxCLI#XafmDlAoOF9bf6_sqd6JP-S9xmEFTEOospHp8ZAEkI4

Side note, the cannon arm is a bit off in my game. In the original mod I remember a loud boom and visible projectile that did AOE damage in a line. In this one it is silent, invisible and seems to only hit one soldier.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Sionfel  [developer] Dec 7, 2023 @ 9:01pm 
Cheers! This is an EXCELLENT bug report. I appreciate you taking your time to write this. I can prevent this from happening in future versions, thank you for reporting it. It's a result of the way Kushan are given control of Midland's land.

Midland should still dissolve after 14 days of not holding any land, though I have run into remnants trading ownership back and forth with some garrison out in the boondocks of Paneria which kept them in the game for a lot longer than I would want. Testing your save, you seem to have put down a point just a day or two before Midland fell. Also, run to the West as soon as you can, lol

As for the cannon arm, triggers for Grunbeld's Shield, Gut's Cannon, Schierke's Staff (and probably more) were disabled wholesale as they needed some work and I would rather use my own scripts for it, so they are just muskets with no audio.

https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/57/56558/offhand-cannon.gif

This is a WIP clip from my internal version of the gun arm, being a skill on a cooldown with limited uses instead of an equipped item. You'll be able to balance attacking, defending and using offhand skills all without swapping back and forth. I'll strive to make it as bombastic as one can make such a thing in Warband.
Last edited by Sionfel; Dec 7, 2023 @ 9:02pm
Sionfel  [developer] Dec 7, 2023 @ 9:03pm 
Always a pleasure to run into another fan of the OG from the old days! Lemme know if anything else comes up, or if you want me to address anything else.
Renma Dec 7, 2023 @ 9:37pm 
Thanks for the quick response! I'll just carry on then and wait for it to progress. I remember it being hopeless once the new factions showed up so hopefully I'll do better this time around on fair difficulty.

Great work on adapting the mod btw, been a blast replaying it after a decade plus.
Sionfel  [developer] Dec 7, 2023 @ 9:54pm 
I played a bit longer on your save, I noticed you're half of the way through the Stuggler quest but now your army size is scaring away the Vengeful Spirits. You can put the story difficulty down to "Story-focused" which conveniently puts the total Undead parties needed to progress down to 13 which is below your already defeated count, so you'll succeed in a few moments when it checks the status again, then put it back to "Fair" before the next battle.

Also, I did get the bug where Healing Casca didn't progress the story on your save, so when you do progress past that point shoot me another link to your save and I can have it fixed in a few minutes.
Last edited by Sionfel; Dec 7, 2023 @ 9:55pm
Renma Dec 8, 2023 @ 11:25pm 
I did as you suggested and progressed the story. The new faction appeared and eventually Midland fell (they held on for quite a while though with their last lord). I just healed Casca and it seems to be okay? The quest is gone from my log and she's part of my army.

Actually I just noticed that I have the original Casca in a dungeon. I think I stored her there while sorting my prisoners out and forgot haha. I had gotten a message saying she had returned to Godot's Smithy, so I picked up this (imposter?) Casca unknowingly and went straight to Vritanis. I assume I can release the original Casca with no problems, just an interesting turn of events haha. I wonder if I avoided the casca bug by bringing the cloned one along?

Another thing: while there is a Hawk's Alliance faction, Falconia and the White Hawk are a separate group called the commoners. There's also a Guts clone running around in a Dark Swordsman army under their banner. They don't fight anybody and just hunt bandits/deserters. Is this fixable?

Sharing save again: https://mega.nz/file/28NHBZyI#4AWRYBFB665qOhKN40k1ddkLCtO38Lg8MSbH9pJSQVo
Last edited by Renma; Dec 8, 2023 @ 11:29pm
Sionfel  [developer] Dec 9, 2023 @ 11:42am 
Originally posted by Renma:
I did as you suggested and progressed the story. The new faction appeared and eventually Midland fell (they held on for quite a while though with their last lord). I just healed Casca and it seems to be okay? The quest is gone from my log and she's part of my army.
That's great!

Actually I just noticed that I have the original Casca in a dungeon. I think I stored her there while sorting my prisoners out and forgot haha. I had gotten a message saying she had returned to Godot's Smithy, so I picked up this (imposter?) Casca unknowingly and went straight to Vritanis. I assume I can release the original Casca with no problems, just an interesting turn of events haha. I wonder if I avoided the casca bug by bringing the cloned one along?
Oooh! Thank you! She returns to Godot's if she's not in your party, checking castles and towns that belong to you first is a good idea!

Another thing: while there is a Hawk's Alliance faction, Falconia and the White Hawk are a separate group called the commoners. There's also a Guts clone running around in a Dark Swordsman army under their banner. They don't fight anybody and just hunt bandits/deserters. Is this fixable?
I fixed The White Hawk and Falconia's faction in your save!

This Black Swordsman bug is totally new! I'll drill down to see how it happened and work to get it fixed. Wem is also around, but the Beasts of the Interstice have appeared in your game yet! This is really interesting! I've found the bugs that caused this inside the code, so thank you for sharing!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yVW4qdts72bFkZAlbl2IesDs3xy-f_Xx/view?usp=drive_link
Renma Dec 9, 2023 @ 8:15pm 
Ah that's fantastic, thanks for taking the time out of your day to fix it for me. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.

Great job on everything, I'm looking forward to the next update!
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50