Don't Starve

Don't Starve

Up and Away
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Debug  [developer] May 20, 2014 @ 7:45pm
Bug Reports
If you stumble across bugs or incompatibilities, please post your Don't Starve log either here or on the mod subforum, along with a description of your bug, and if possible, the steps to reproduce the bug.

If you aren't sure how to upload your log, read this post:
http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/24881-logs-and-useful-info-for-bug-reports/
Last edited by simplex; May 24, 2014 @ 8:37pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 143 comments
Lyserus May 21, 2014 @ 2:22am 
one problem. When I enable the mod, the bottom -left 's umbrella thing is black. By the way , the mod-characters' head protraits are also a black box, I don't know if it is problem on my side or else.
Error - Main menu is frozen. Nice artwork, by the way. But that's all I see. Just the new title screen. I cannot highlight any buttons.

I am NOT running RoG, nor do I have it.

Log.txt is here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jnmo017glpxept/Log.txt
Debug  [developer] May 21, 2014 @ 5:21am 
Originally posted by Nergal Jr:
Error - Main menu is frozen. Nice artwork, by the way. But that's all I see. Just the new title screen. I cannot highlight any buttons.

Log.txt is here.

Nice catch, thanks!
Originally posted by debugman18:

Log.txt is here.

Nice catch, thanks!
Hope you can fix this or tell me what to do or what to install/uninstall. I really wanna play this, since I can't afford the DLC and I need some more Don't Starve content to play with.
Debug  [developer] May 21, 2014 @ 5:29am 
Originally posted by debugman18:

Nice catch, thanks!
Hope you can fix this or tell me what to do or what to install/uninstall. I really wanna play this, since I can't afford the DLC and I need some more Don't Starve content to play with.

We'll fix this and a couple of other game-breaking bugs very very soon. If you're comfortable with code I could tell you how to fix it in the meantime.
deaf idiot monkey May 21, 2014 @ 10:21am 
When I say I
understand it instanly stops working! also, when I enable it, it freezes. anything you can do to help?
Debug  [developer] May 21, 2014 @ 10:35am 
Originally posted by Texan Bacon:
When I say I
understand it instanly stops working! also, when I enable it, it freezes. anything you can do to help?
I assume you're running vanilla without Reign of Giants? We've already fixed this bug on our end, we just need to push out the patch.
el fidnell May 21, 2014 @ 1:21pm 
Apparently, attacking with Winnie's staff causes the staff to disappear. Are you actually supposed to be able to attack with the staff? I didn't think you could, but maybe I was wrong.
I just found a bug, too. The Kettle the shopkeeper gives you. If you drop it, NOT place it, it disappears. You can pick it up again but it's invisible on the ground.
Debug  [developer] May 21, 2014 @ 1:26pm 
Originally posted by ДяктїsГюж:
Apparently, attacking with Winnie's staff causes the staff to disappear. Are you actually supposed to be able to attack with the staff? I didn't think you could, but maybe I was wrong.
That is not intended behavior. I'm not sure why it's bugging out, though.

I just found a bug, too. The Kettle the shopkeeper gives you. If you drop it, NOT place it, it disappears. You can pick it up again but it's invisible on the ground.
That's weird, I thought I gave it a dropped animation. We'll look into it, thanks!
No problem.

And hey. Debug Man. Who did the character art? I have a mighty need of them. I'm working on a character mod. Just tell 'em I'll try to get around to getting them a Steam game. :3
el fidnell May 21, 2014 @ 1:32pm 
No problem.

And hey. Debug Man. Who did the character art? I have a mighty need of them. I'm working on a character mod. Just tell 'em I'll try to get around to getting them a Steam game. :3

That would be Klei Entertainment. :P

The character is one of the unreleased characters from the game files. All we did was a HD retexture, for which you can thank Mr. Tiddles.
*Sigh* Of course. Tiddles. Right. Nevermind then. I already messaged him about it, and he didn't care.

Anyways, back to enjoying this mod.
Dear May 21, 2014 @ 1:54pm 
When I subscribed It wasn't in my mod selection screen, I don't know if it is a bug or I'm just doing something rong. If I am someone help please....
Debug  [developer] May 21, 2014 @ 2:00pm 
Originally posted by LadyNightmare:
When I subscribed It wasn't in my mod selection screen, I don't know if it is a bug or I'm just doing something rong. If I am someone help please....
Could you please post your log?

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/24881-logs-and-useful-info-for-bug-reports/
< >
Showing 1-15 of 143 comments
Per page: 1530 50