RimWorld

RimWorld

Optimization: Meats - C# Edition
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
SeoHyeon  [developer] Aug 3, 2021 @ 7:55am
Suggestions 모드 아이디어 제안
If you have any ideas for this mod, please post them here!

이 모드를 위한 좋은 아이디어가 있다면 여기에 글을 남겨주세요.
Last edited by SeoHyeon; Aug 4, 2021 @ 3:10am
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
TRIBeagle Aug 28, 2021 @ 10:15am 
고기 최적화시 이름을 날고기로 바꾼것처럼 생선 최적화를 할 때 생선의 이름을 바꾸면 좋을 것 같습니다. 소형/중형/대형 어류처럼요. 강에서 고등어가 잡히니까 기분이 좀 묘하네요...
SeoHyeon  [developer] Aug 28, 2021 @ 10:21am 
@TRIBeagle
그걸 깜빡했네요
내일 일어나서 반영하겠습니다
Ja dAttaque Sep 3, 2021 @ 4:41am 
Looking at save game compatibility, I have an idea to run by you.

a1) seems like your mod creates a new item in the game called Raw Meat
a2) removing the mod will throw error for any item which contains the now missing item of: Raw Meat

s1) Instead of any meat type converting into Raw Meat, have it convert to already existing item: Guinea Pig Meat
s2) Apply a soft rename patch to the item Guinea Pig Meat, renaming it to Raw Meat. Guinea Pigs now drop Raw Meat by default. a Goat drops Goat Meat which *this* mod converts to Raw Meat.

E) when removing the mod, all items referencing Raw Meat are now referencing Guinea Pig Meat.

=) Why Guinea Pig Meat? It's an unusual meat type, it's funny, every time it's spotted in game it might be a throw back to the previous use of your mod, which is cute. You could choose any Rimworld Core animal meat type for this.
SeoHyeon  [developer] Sep 3, 2021 @ 6:19am 
@Ja dAttaque
Thanks for your suggestion!

But this mod already converts (almost) every meat to Cow Meat and rename it (Beef to Raw meat), not creates a new item called Raw Meat.
(sorry for my english)
So it's safe to do this: New colony with this mod -> exclude the mod from your modlist and load the colony.
It's not safe: Existing colony with this mod and the colony has un-optimized meats -> add this mod and load the colony.
boomer Sep 22, 2022 @ 8:47am 
Vanilla Fishing Expanded + Vanilla Ideology Expanded - Memes and Precepts adds an ideology precept called Fishing: Adept. This precept unlocks "adept" fish with extra nutrition. It appears your mod is converting the adept catches to regular fish, removing the benefit of the Fishing meme and precept entirely.

Adept catches (label - defname - size):
  • crayfish (adept catch) - VCEF_CrayfishItem - Small
  • butterfish (adept catch) - VCEF_ButterFishItem - Small
  • freshwater stingray (adept catch) - VCEF_FreshwaterStingrayItem - Medium
  • flying fish (adept catch) - VCEF_FlyingFishItem - Medium
  • arapaima (adept catch) - VCEF_ArapaimaItem - Large
  • shortfin mako shark (adept catch) - VCEF_ShortfinMakoSharkItem - Large

Since each fish from the same size group has the same nutrition, you could optimize these separately from regular fish as small fish (adept catch), medium fish (adept catch), and large fish (adept catch) without breaking anything.
Last edited by boomer; Sep 22, 2022 @ 8:49am
SeoHyeon  [developer] Sep 23, 2022 @ 5:54pm 
Originally posted by unaboomer:
Vanilla Fishing Expanded + Vanilla Ideology Expanded - Memes and Precepts adds an ideology precept called Fishing: Adept. This precept unlocks "adept" fish with extra nutrition. It appears your mod is converting the adept catches to regular fish, removing the benefit of the Fishing meme and precept entirely.

Adept catches (label - defname - size):
  • crayfish (adept catch) - VCEF_CrayfishItem - Small
  • butterfish (adept catch) - VCEF_ButterFishItem - Small
  • freshwater stingray (adept catch) - VCEF_FreshwaterStingrayItem - Medium
  • flying fish (adept catch) - VCEF_FlyingFishItem - Medium
  • arapaima (adept catch) - VCEF_ArapaimaItem - Large
  • shortfin mako shark (adept catch) - VCEF_ShortfinMakoSharkItem - Large

Since each fish from the same size group has the same nutrition, you could optimize these separately from regular fish as small fish (adept catch), medium fish (adept catch), and large fish (adept catch) without breaking anything.

Well, the fish optimization is outdated and scheduled to be reworked.
Due to my military service, I don't know when it will be, but I'll refer to it when I update the mod.
Thanks!
Last edited by SeoHyeon; Sep 23, 2022 @ 6:05pm
Bambaryła Apr 2, 2023 @ 10:04am 
first off: i love it!

vanilla mechanoids expanded + vanilal fishing expanded: aquaponics does the same thing as project rimfactory sadly
Dax Apr 6 @ 9:14am 
I suggest categories for each animal type. For example, meat from all the bird animals -> "bird meat", meat from cows, muffalos and other bovine creatures -> "steak" or "bovine meat". It would also fix the ideology venerated animals issue.

And rename "raw meat" into just "meat", because when looking into ingredients of meals, it gives a weird implication that meals contain raw uncooked meat.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50