Arma 3
USS Bon Homme Richard (CVA31) - Carrier's Strike Group
Looks familiar.
I spent the last two years of enlistment on this boat.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
NightIntruder  [developer] Sep 8, 2021 @ 5:00am 
It must have been thrilling experience, I assume :) I always have a soft spot for the naval aviation and aicraft carriers specifically.
TWB*Clell_Miller Sep 8, 2021 @ 10:04am 
Originally posted by NightIntruder:
It must have been thrilling experience, I assume :) I always have a soft spot for the naval aviation and aicraft carriers specifically.
It was a lot of hard work. I was the bridge IC electrician so I had to be up there for the duration of all flight ops, day or night. All intercom equipment had to be repaired right away if it failed. We were still using vacuum tubes back in those days, so failures were common.
Last edited by TWB*Clell_Miller; Apr 22 @ 10:00am
TWB*Clell_Miller Aug 26, 2022 @ 4:18pm 
The Bonnie never produced that much funnel smoke, if anyone cares. Everything possible was done to diminish funnel smoke by 1944. Too easy to spot on the horizon. Bonnie never belched that much funnel smoke, even on boiler ignition. The NSFO was preheated, placed in a fine spray and ignited. Dark vapor of any kind dissipated about 12 feet above funnel.
TeTeTe3  [developer] Mar 28, 2023 @ 7:15am 
Would you happen to remember how the lines on the deck were? We're updating the mod currently and re-do the textures and model.
TWB*Clell_Miller Apr 17, 2023 @ 1:08pm 
Originally posted by TeTeTe3:
Would you happen to remember how the lines on the deck were? We're updating the mod currently and re-do the textures and model.
The deck markings as shown seem as I recall.
I would like to make one correction. We did not ever use F4 Phantoms on the Bonnie. The reason being that our steam cats were not thought powerful enough to launch them with a full ordinance load. So we used A4 Skyhawks for heavy bomb support and F8 Crusaders for fighter cover. The A3 Bomber is correct, but we only had one.
TeTeTe3  [developer] Apr 21 @ 1:57pm 
Thanks for the info, appreciated. I know there's at least one photo of F-4 Phantom on an Essex class carrier arround :D Something like captured by Bonnie ♥♥♥♥ comes to my mind ...

If you're into DCS as well, I ported the Bon Homme Richard there in the Vietnam War Vessels mod.
Originally posted by TeTeTe3:
Thanks for the info, appreciated. I know there's at least one photo of F-4 Phantom on an Essex class carrier arround :D Something like captured by Bonnie ♥♥♥♥ comes to my mind ...

If you're into DCS as well, I ported the Bon Homme Richard there in the Vietnam War Vessels mod.
I suppose it's entirely possible one may have been on the ship prior to 1969. But I can assure you that none were present thereafter or used in a ground support role from the Bonnie ever.
Last edited by TWB*Clell_Miller; May 20 @ 3:00pm
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50