Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Quality of Life Zombies Mod 2.0 [SUPPORTS MOST MAPS] by DuhJudge
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
DuhJudge  [developer] Sep 21, 2020 @ 10:56am
Bug Reports / Known Issues
Please report any bugs you find here. If you can tell me how to replicate it, I have a higher chance of fixing it.

KNOWN ISSUES:
Does not work with "The Giant". The map doesn't have Widows Wine, so when my mod tries to call to the script that is ran within the map, it just crashes. I'm working on a fix. This has been fixed!

Zombies can hit through your shield on Der Eisendrache. Possible that this is also the case on other maps, but I am unsure. This has been fixed.

"ERROR: Could not find zone "##_core_mod.ff"
This error comes up for people who play in different languages than English, from what I've seen.
POSSIBLE FIX:
Please click this link here and see if this tutorial helps fix the problem!

Some users report crashing after the "GAME OVER" screen on some maps, namely Town Reimagined. Looking into this issue, however I was unable to replicate on solo.

UPDATE 02/08/23:

I have identified a problem with the mule kick upgrade feature. When playing custom maps, if you go down while holding your third weapon, with Fighter's Fizz (custom perk), Mule Kick, Quick Revive, and Electric cherry at the same time, you will get the Samantha glitch. The electric cherry effect causes an instant-revive, and fighter's fizz will instantly get you back up. I have tried to fix this for a while and cannot find anything on this issue, and all my testing hasn't been conclusive or very helpful. In the meantime DO NOT USE FIGHTERS FIZZ, ELECTRIC CHERRY, MULE KICK, AND QUICK REVIVE ALL AT THE SAME TIME OR YOU WILL ALSO GET THE SAMANTHA GLITCH! I have identified the issue and solved this problem. Mule kick restoration now gets skipped if the player has Fighter's Fizz.
Last edited by DuhJudge; Jul 9, 2023 @ 10:25am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
yansbbqsauce Oct 6, 2020 @ 8:22am 
Last night I installed the mod and when trying to load the mod on the main menu it always promted me with " ERROR: Could not find zone 'ea_core_mod' "

So I tried to reinstall this just in case, still did it again. I then verified the integrity of my files and still no hope. I just now restarted my PC fully and going to try once more and if that does't work then i'm not sure what to do beyond that. I've also tried subscribing to your older mod before ZC and custom maps.

Hope I can get it to work as this mod sounds phenomenal

***EDIT***

I figured out how to fix the issue for anyone else who has this same issue in the future

Go to your steam files on your program files folder, then go to steamapps, workshop, content and then search for the file that cant be found. In my case, "ea_core_mod" was originally "en_core_mod". So just rename that the the file missing and you should be good to go.
Last edited by yansbbqsauce; Oct 6, 2020 @ 8:31am
DuhJudge  [developer] Oct 7, 2020 @ 6:50pm 
Originally posted by Cletus Von Claptrap:
Last night I installed the mod and when trying to load the mod on the main menu it always promted me with " ERROR: Could not find zone 'ea_core_mod' "

So I tried to reinstall this just in case, still did it again. I then verified the integrity of my files and still no hope. I just now restarted my PC fully and going to try once more and if that does't work then i'm not sure what to do beyond that. I've also tried subscribing to your older mod before ZC and custom maps.

Hope I can get it to work as this mod sounds phenomenal

***EDIT***

I figured out how to fix the issue for anyone else who has this same issue in the future

Go to your steam files on your program files folder, then go to steamapps, workshop, content and then search for the file that cant be found. In my case, "ea_core_mod" was originally "en_core_mod". So just rename that the the file missing and you should be good to go.

That sounds like an issue with language files. Next update when I recompile the mod I will check and make sure it's compiled in all of BO3's compatible languages. Sorry that happened to you! I'm glad you got it to work!
niggi Oct 28, 2020 @ 5:27am 
Well it doesnt work for me. ERROR: Could not find zone 'ge_core_mod' and in my files I have both en_core_mod and ge_core_mod.
DuhJudge  [developer] Oct 28, 2020 @ 9:30pm 
Originally posted by niggi:
Well it doesnt work for me. ERROR: Could not find zone 'ge_core_mod' and in my files I have both en_core_mod and ge_core_mod.
Ok so I am aware that this is an issue when using a different language than the mod was compiled in. I have it set to "compile for all languages" in mod tools and still both of you have this error. Try loading the mod in English first, and then switching to German after it's loaded, maybe it has to initialize itself in English first, just a guess. My only other suggestion is to copy en_core_mod and rename it to ge_core_mod, so you have both. That probably won't work, but other than that I don't really have any leads for this issue. Sorry that you're having this issue!
DuhJudge  [developer] Oct 28, 2020 @ 10:43pm 
In other news, the Server-Client mismatch error caused by Widows Wine has been fixed!
BaddayMing Nov 2, 2020 @ 9:18am 
Rename the file "en_core_mod.ff" to "ge_core_mod.ff", or whatever the missing filename was. That should fix the error!
DIVINIUM115 Nov 3, 2020 @ 10:39am 
I have the game in Spanish, it won't let me run it
DuhJudge  [developer] Nov 3, 2020 @ 7:38pm 
Originally posted by EdicionGamerYT:
I have the game in Spanish, it won't let me run it
Try looking for the fix I posted in the discussions section, it’s linked in the main post above. Let me know if that doesn’t work and I can look into it!
Inquisitive Imps Nov 6, 2020 @ 5:14pm 
Incredibly specific bug, I think.
I was playing with someone else with the Roamer feature enabled. He had to leave mid-match, and the next round auto-started. From then on, the Roamer didn't work and each round auto-started after the last zombie death.

Edit: Hey, ignore this report. I'd gotten some mods mixed up so this report is pretty much entirely wrong.
Last edited by Inquisitive Imps; Nov 8, 2020 @ 11:20am
DuhJudge  [developer] Nov 6, 2020 @ 8:09pm 
Originally posted by Inquisitive Imps:
I was playing with someone else with the Roamer feature enabled. He had to leave mid-match, and the next round auto-started. From then on, the Roamer didn't work and each round auto-started after the last zombie death.
I'm unfamiliar with the Roamer feature, I assume it's like no-clip? That's super weird if that's the case, and honestly sounds like a bug with BO3. Not sure where to even start trying to debug that, sorry
Ðîngø Nov 21, 2020 @ 4:07pm 
Originally posted by DuhJudge:
Originally posted by Inquisitive Imps:
I'm unfamiliar with the Roamer feature, I assume it's like no-clip? That's super weird if that's the case, and honestly sounds like a bug with BO3. Not sure where to even start trying to debug that, sorry
The roamer mod simply prevents the next round from starting after all the zombies are killed until the host player presses a specific button. There is no no-clipping ability involved, but it just lets the player(s) explore and take their time or even look for easter eggs, without having to train zombies or create a crawler. I understand this issue was resolved but i'd still love to see a variation of roamer in this mod. :steamhappy:
SevenDeadPeople Mar 19, 2021 @ 6:49am 
Hi my Friend and I encountered a Problem where if I start a game with my friend the game freezes after a short while. happens on every map.
DuhJudge  [developer] Mar 20, 2021 @ 2:11am 
Originally posted by SevenDeadPeople:
Hi my Friend and I encountered a Problem where if I start a game with my friend the game freezes after a short while. happens on every map.

Any specific example you can give me? Sorry I have been super busy and unable to work much on the mod recently, so the less testing I have to do the better.

My hunch is the freezing is due to the way I coded the mod. Multiple while loops can cause this issue. When I get the time I will try and rewrite parts to mitigate multiple loops running simultaneously.
SevenDeadPeople Mar 21, 2021 @ 3:34pm 
I can give you round estimates on when they typically freeze on each map.
Der Eisendrache : 7-8
The Giant : 2-3
Shadows of evil: 9-11
Gorod Krovi : 4
Revelations: 2-3
Haven't tested much on other maps.
DuhJudge  [developer] Mar 22, 2021 @ 3:26pm 
Originally posted by SevenDeadPeople:
I can give you round estimates on when they typically freeze on each map.
Der Eisendrache : 7-8
The Giant : 2-3
Shadows of evil: 9-11
Gorod Krovi : 4
Revelations: 2-3
Haven't tested much on other maps.
Just to confirm, does the game completely freeze, or does it stutter and resume relatively quickly? I've had some stuttering issues myself but no actual freezes that cause the game to quit itself.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
Per page: 1530 50