Divinity: Original Sin 2

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Odinblade's Huntsman Class Overhaul [REQUIRES NORBYTE'S SCRIPT EXTENDER]
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Odinblade  [developer] Feb 24, 2020 @ 5:21am
Suggestions and Balance Improvements
Got any improvements or tweaks to make this overhaul better? Suggest away!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
⎛Odeusus.exe⎞ Feb 24, 2020 @ 4:22pm 
The pin down ability should really be looked at, it still has the same issues as with the vanilla version of it just not being worth to slot especially with the savy hunter ability buffing crafted arrow damage.

Pin down takes 3AP, has a cooldown of 3 turns and the cripple only prevents enemies from moving around so they're free to attack and even use haste or first aid to remove the cripple.
Knockdown arrows cost 2AP, no cooldown, 25%dmg increase from savy hunter and the knockdown makes the enemy skip their turn.

Pin down would be in a much better spot if the AP cost is recuced to 2 or even reduce its cooldown to 2 turns. But still the cripple effect is pretty useless, but no real idea how to do anything about that...
Then it will do more damage than an knockdown arrow for the same AP and it can be a viable choice to use instead of savy hunter + infinite knockdown arrows for 3AP+.
Odinblade  [developer] Feb 26, 2020 @ 11:25am 
Originally posted by ⎛Odeusus.exe⎞:
The pin down ability should really be looked at, it still has the same issues as with the vanilla version of it just not being worth to slot especially with the savy hunter ability buffing crafted arrow damage.

Pin down takes 3AP, has a cooldown of 3 turns and the cripple only prevents enemies from moving around so they're free to attack and even use haste or first aid to remove the cripple.
Knockdown arrows cost 2AP, no cooldown, 25%dmg increase from savy hunter and the knockdown makes the enemy skip their turn.

Pin down would be in a much better spot if the AP cost is recuced to 2 or even reduce its cooldown to 2 turns. But still the cripple effect is pretty useless, but no real idea how to do anything about that...
Then it will do more damage than an knockdown arrow for the same AP and it can be a viable choice to use instead of savy hunter + infinite knockdown arrows for 3AP+.
Great feedback and I completely agree with everything said here. I think the issue here was that I changed Pin Down way earlier in this mod's development, and way before I designed Savvy Hunter. I clearly didn't think about the knock-on effects the skill would have.

I've just published the first patch for this mod, which includes a usability buff to Pin Down to make it a bit more attractive in general. Thanks for taking time to voice your feedback! :steamhappy:
Bright Quartz Feb 29, 2020 @ 7:18pm 
I really think you should take a look at incorporating Pet Power infusions with the Animal Companion pets. That, or give 'em some more skills at 10 summoning.
Nehound Apr 3, 2020 @ 10:36pm 
Originally posted by Inner Cloud:
I really think you should take a look at incorporating Pet Power infusions with the Animal Companion pets. That, or give 'em some more skills at 10 summoning.

100% agree with this.
Nehound Apr 3, 2020 @ 10:38pm 
Also is there any chance you would consider implementing some sort of initiative scaling for the animal companions? Like the owl being faster, the elk middling and the bear slower to reflect their forms and spells?
Derpy Moa Apr 6, 2020 @ 10:09pm 
Hunter's Trap is really underwhelming.
- It functions differently than every other trap including the ones from your Pyro Overhaul which is confusing to begin with. I'm referring to how it arms, at the end of round instead of turn and it can't be manually destroyed to proc its damage early.
- Its damage is same or slightly lower than an auto attack.
- Base Damage is Physical but Blood Adaptation adds nothing which is again very odd.

Suggestions:
- Use the same arming and destroy mechanics as the Pyro traps.
- Make it scale same as Pyro Trap so its damage stays relevant no matter what Adaptation type gets used.
Issue here is that the Pyro Trap has some weird scaling.
It scales off the following:
1. Level
2. The Pyro level of the guy who procs it (this counts for surface owners too). So if you have 0 Pyro but an enemy has 10 it will deal more damage. Alternatively if the Surface creator has 10 Pyro and you have 0 then it will still do more damage.
3. Your Pyro bonus will proc twice if triggered early. In other words if it does 50 base damage and you have 10 pyro (50%) it will do 75 damage when it goes off, but it you set it off early it will get the 10 pyro increase to the explosion as well so it will do 113 because the game rounds numbers.
4. Crit chance with Savage Sortilege of the character that procs the trap.
So, these need to be adapted for the Element type that the trap uses. Alternatively could scale off level only.
- Keep base damage as Phys but let Blood add a bit more damage + Bleeding.
- Add the respective DoTs/Statuses to Elements. Burn or Scorch, Poison, Shock, Chill.

Less complicated alternative would be to just let it cost only 1 AP but keep the extra Blood damage and bleed and add the Dots/Statuses to justify its weird arming/trigger mechanics.
Then for consistency sake between your mods update Pyro trap cost to 1 AP too and use same arm/destroy mechanics as Hunter's Trap.
Last edited by Derpy Moa; Apr 6, 2020 @ 10:41pm
Naru The Loved Apr 9, 2020 @ 4:28pm 
I'm not sure if the source power the hunt is very good since people are just going to move before they are even armed maybe have it armed right away and when they move it does damage ? isnt that the point ?
Tomatoes May 30, 2020 @ 8:51pm 
I feel like the traps are very underwhelming right now. They require a whole round of combat to arm. I need to not only guess where the AI will go but I must also assume they won't avoid it while also trying to think a whole round ahead. A shame since I really like the whole trap and survivalist thematic but I feel like it's still simply too weak in favour of the more obvious "shoot things with a bow". You've nailed the summons though, no complaints there. Maybe if the traps had a larger trip radius they would be more worthwhile.
dobo Jun 25, 2020 @ 7:09am 
I would like to see this mod change the "Ambidextrous" talent. Currently it lets you throw things for 1 less action point if your offhand is free. This mod makes a "grenadier" class, so that sounds like a no-brainer. Except then you can't have a bow equipped because it's a two-handed weapon. See the issue here?

It feels really lackluster without that talent but even with the talent, you're then left with a one-hand sword and nothing more which is also awkward to play with.
Odinblade  [developer] Jun 25, 2020 @ 8:02am 
Originally posted by Ferlintokezeirquizes:
I would like to see this mod change the "Ambidextrous" talent. Currently it lets you throw things for 1 less action point if your offhand is free. This mod makes a "grenadier" class, so that sounds like a no-brainer. Except then you can't have a bow equipped because it's a two-handed weapon. See the issue here?

It feels really lackluster without that talent but even with the talent, you're then left with a one-hand sword and nothing more which is also awkward to play with.
A bow does actually allow the Ambidextrous talent to work. It's not the best language used by the base game, but Ambidextrous only doesn't work if you have one item in your main hand slot and another separate item in your off-hand slot.
Mr. X Jun 28, 2020 @ 1:21pm 
This is a really great overhaul and I'd recommend all of your mods to anyone, but I think that the combination of Grenadier bonuses may need to be slightly nerfed. I am playing through a tactician game, and with Ambidextrous, Savvy Hunter usually means I can throw 5 fire grenades, which scale with my Huntsman and gain bonuses from high ground, effortlessly throughout act I. It's fun as heck, but I think it might be a little overpowered, especially that early in the game. Maybe if Savvy Hunter required 1 source point, or wasn't 100% guaranteed to recover the grenade?
42kami Jul 15, 2020 @ 2:55am 
the stances seem a bit awkward to me, sniping stance in particular is pretty useless out of the combat. As the ability to turn it off in combat can have it's tactical benefits, the need to turn it off pretty much every time combat ends is just annoying. In most cases i end up turning it on 1st thing in a fight and turning it off when it ends.
IMO it would work much better having a regular buff mechanics (1 or no AP, 3 turn duration, 3 turn cooldown)
Last edited by 42kami; Jul 15, 2020 @ 2:56am
Odinblade  [developer] Jul 15, 2020 @ 3:27am 
Originally posted by 42kami:
the stances seem a bit awkward to me, sniping stance in particular is pretty useless out of the combat. As the ability to turn it off in combat can have it's tactical benefits, the need to turn it off pretty much every time combat ends is just annoying. In most cases i end up turning it on 1st thing in a fight and turning it off when it ends.
IMO it would work much better having a regular buff mechanics (1 or no AP, 3 turn duration, 3 turn cooldown)
Those stances are from another mod.
bodregg Sep 3, 2020 @ 2:45pm 
Would it be at all possible for you to create a Pet Power compatibility patch for the animal companions in this mod?
Fatality Mar 28, 2021 @ 2:41pm 
Originally posted by Inner Cloud:
I still think this would be a great addition. Currently, you cannot use any infusion spells on your companion (Or any other "Hybrid" summon such as the Ice Elemental from your Hydrosophist overhaul)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Per page: 1530 50