Divinity: Original Sin 2

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Odinblade's Huntsman Class Overhaul [REQUIRES NORBYTE'S SCRIPT EXTENDER]
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Odinblade  [developer] Feb 24, 2020 @ 5:21am
Bug Reports and Known Issues
Found a bug relating to this mod? Please report it here so that I can work on rectifying the issue.

Be sure to provide as much detail about the bug so I can squash it easily!

PLEASE NOTE: Whilst this mod may cause incompatibilities with others, please ensure before reporting that the bug is caused specifically by this mod and not another. Thanks!

Known Issues
  • There is currently a bug affecting some Divinity 2 DE players whereby their mods are being downloaded into \SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\43510. Move these .pak files into \Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\Mods\ to fix the issue!
  • Can't see the new spell icons? Make sure OdinCore is on at least v1.2.1!
  • Getting a "We were unable to create a working story" error when trying to load a save or create a new game? PLEASE double-check you have installed Norbyte's Script Extender as per the clearly-marked Instructions section on this mod's main page. Make sure to install it into /Divinity Original Sin 2/DefEd/bin
Last edited by Odinblade; Mar 27, 2020 @ 3:46am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 91 comments
⎛Odeusus.exe⎞ Feb 24, 2020 @ 3:55pm 
Forgive me for not posting here earlier about the reaction shot crash :D
Grenades don't seem to be affected at all by increasing/decreasing the huntsman ability, I've looked at the holy, chemical warfare and nailbomb grenades but no changes in damage. (or does the damage increase only show in combat?)
All the other mods I use are in this collection:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2002633265
Odinblade  [developer] Feb 24, 2020 @ 3:56pm 
Originally posted by ⎛Odeusus.exe⎞:
Forgive me for not posting here earlier about the reaction shot crash :D
Grenades don't seem to be affected at all by increasing/decreasing the huntsman ability, I've looked at the holy, chemical warfare and nailbomb grenades but no changes in damage. (or does the damage increase only show in combat?)
All the other mods I use are in this collection:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2002633265
You won't see damage numbers get updated in the UI as we don't have access to modify those. The grenades do get the extra damage when used both in and out of combat. Healing grenades, such as Holy grenades, aren't affected. Hope this makes sense!
⎛Odeusus.exe⎞ Feb 24, 2020 @ 4:24pm 
Originally posted by Odinblade:
You won't see damage numbers get updated in the UI as we don't have access to modify those. The grenades do get the extra damage when used both in and out of combat. Healing grenades, such as Holy grenades, aren't affected. Hope this makes sense!
Allright good to know, haven't looked at the dmg numbers when throwing them around in combat ^^
Last edited by ⎛Odeusus.exe⎞; Feb 24, 2020 @ 4:25pm
Typhon Feb 25, 2020 @ 10:02am 
The icons of the new skills of this mod do not display in game. Other Odinblade's mod work fine.
Odinblade  [developer] Feb 25, 2020 @ 10:22am 
Originally posted by Typhon:
The icons of the new skills of this mod do not display in game. Other Odinblade's mod work fine.
You need to be on OdinCore 1.2.1. Please check and update!
Kyln Feb 25, 2020 @ 9:35pm 
The mod causes a message at story generation: "We were unable to create a working story. Your add-on setup might be invalid. The game will continue with the story from the main adventure." Did the standard checks, removing all mods except this and the Core module, then double checked by removing that, too. Message is exclusive to this mod. The wording sounds to me like this was tested in GM mode and some element of that it trying to overwrite the story, but that is admittedly just a guess. Please let us know if this message is okay to ignore, or if there is a fix :)
Edit: Playing with it in this state, noticed the following: Neither the summon or traps worked, just fizzled out essentially. Think it needs a patch Odin :P
Last edited by Kyln; Feb 25, 2020 @ 10:08pm
Odinblade  [developer] Feb 25, 2020 @ 10:23pm 
Originally posted by Kyln:
The mod causes a message at story generation: "We were unable to create a working story. Your add-on setup might be invalid. The game will continue with the story from the main adventure." Did the standard checks, removing all mods except this and the Core module, then double checked by removing that, too. Message is exclusive to this mod. The wording sounds to me like this was tested in GM mode and some element of that it trying to overwrite the story, but that is admittedly just a guess. Please let us know if this message is okay to ignore, or if there is a fix :)
Edit: Playing with it in this state, noticed the following: Neither the summon or traps worked, just fizzled out essentially. Think it needs a patch Odin :P
Hmm... That's odd. What game version are you on? It's in the bottom corner of the title screen. You should be on the latest update (or at least v3.6.58.1306). Did you install the Script Extender also? There are instructions on this mod page if not.
Kyln Feb 26, 2020 @ 3:32am 
Hmm... That's odd. What game version are you on? It's in the bottom corner of the title screen. You should be on the latest update (or at least v3.6.58.1306). Did you install the Script Extender also? There are instructions on this mod page if not.

Ah, yep, that fixed it. Missed the Script Extender because I downloaded it from your collection page lol. That's my bad for not reading this one more thoroughly. If you can update the description in the mod collection page to mention that Huntsman needs it, it'll probably stop idiots like me haha. Thanks for the help Odin, and I look forward to absolutely breaking the game with all these new abilities :D
Odinblade  [developer] Feb 26, 2020 @ 9:55am 
Originally posted by Kyln:

Ah, yep, that fixed it. Missed the Script Extender because I downloaded it from your collection page lol. That's my bad for not reading this one more thoroughly. If you can update the description in the mod collection page to mention that Huntsman needs it, it'll probably stop idiots like me haha. Thanks for the help Odin, and I look forward to absolutely breaking the game with all these new abilities :D
Ah glad to see you got it all sorted! Hope you have fun with this overhaul :winter2019happyyul:

Good shout with adding the Extender requirement to my mod collection - I'll add that in now :steamhappy:
Pilot Jones Feb 27, 2020 @ 8:49pm 
I am experiencing a pretty weird bug, once I cast Seeking Arrows, the first hit will strike and then an unlimited barrage of arrows will follow, always killing the target.
Odinblade  [developer] Feb 28, 2020 @ 1:32am 
Originally posted by T I A N:
I am experiencing a pretty weird bug, once I cast Seeking Arrows, the first hit will strike and then an unlimited barrage of arrows will follow, always killing the target.
Huh... that's a new one. I'll take a look when I get home from University to see if I can replicate this issue. Can you provide any additional details? E.g. Does it loop when you use a certain Huntsman skill or all? What range are you attacking from where you see the issue?
Pilot Jones Feb 28, 2020 @ 8:37am 
The only thing I can recall that I did before it started happening, was the fact that I got a Unique Bow from BonusUniques. It is an intelligence-based bow (Riftshot), which deals air damage and sets Shadow Damage.

As an intelligence-based weapon, I repec'd all my Finesse points into Intelligence.

Also, the weapon is over leveled, so I focused on getting a lot of points into wits so that Accuracy wouldn't be an issue.

It happens while using basic attacks and skills.

Additional details would be that I am using Divine War. I can't really think of anything else.

I would be glad to help providing more details if you can ask the questions.
Last edited by Pilot Jones; Feb 28, 2020 @ 8:38am
Pilot Jones Feb 28, 2020 @ 9:05am 
Huh... that's a new one. I'll take a look when I get home from University to see if I can replicate this issue. Can you provide any additional details? E.g. Does it loop when you use a certain Huntsman skill or all? What range are you attacking from where you see the issue?

I have tested it now and I can confirm it is because of the Intelligence-based bow. It happens when using it, attacking with skills and basic attacks.

I leveled it down using other methods, it doesn't help. I took off all of the points in wits, doesn't help either.

I'm almost certain it is due to the interaction with intelligence based stats.
Last edited by Pilot Jones; Feb 28, 2020 @ 9:14am
Odinblade  [developer] Feb 28, 2020 @ 9:13am 

I have tested it now and I can confirm it is because of the Intelligence-based bow. It happens when using it, attacking with skills or basic attacks.

I leveled it down using other methods, it doesn't help. I took off all of the points in wits, doesn't help either.

That's really interesting as I've scripted it in such a way that it should work as intended for all bows. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond with some more context - it's very helpful and I'd love to get to the bottom of this.

I'm en route home, but when I get back I'm eager to track down the exact issue and write a fix. Can I send you a friend request and possibly ask that you send me over your save file with the bow please? Would save a load of time replicating the scenario. Thanks!
Pilot Jones Feb 28, 2020 @ 9:15am 

I have tested it now and I can confirm it is because of the Intelligence-based bow. It happens when using it, attacking with skills or basic attacks.

That's really interesting as I've scripted it in such a way that it should work as intended for all bows. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond with some more context - it's very helpful and I'd love to get to the bottom of this.

I'm en route home, but when I get back I'm eager to track down the exact issue and write a fix. Can I send you a friend request and possibly ask that you send me over your save file with the bow please? Would save a load of time replicating the scenario. Thanks!

Sure thing, I'll gladly help you with anything you need.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 91 comments
Per page: 1530 50