DayZ
IRP-Land-Rover-Defender-110
BOND7 Dec 2, 2020 @ 2:48pm
not spawning!
so i have placed all the relevant xml content in the existing xmls... and i have 12 custom locations for the rover. yet i am unable so see then spawn at all. i can spawn everything from the admin tools and the server works as is... any help would be amazin!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
seontonppa Dec 5, 2020 @ 3:14am 
Check all the xml files and the info they have, try copying values from other mod cars to those to make it spawn. I'm still not sure what I did but we managed to get it spawn after some tweaking. I'll get back to you if I find the thing we changed!
BOND7 Dec 5, 2020 @ 11:12am 
Ok well i have the solution with the help of another server admin. I AM ON LIVONIA

in cfgeventspawns.xml

<event name="LandRoverDefender">
<pos x="7735.35498" z="14834.541016" a="275.906708" />

i had to add Vehicle just like all the other events

<event name="VehicleLandRoverDefender">
<pos x="7735.35498" z="14834.541016" a="275.906708" />

next in cfgspawnbletypes.xml

with the new update i placed the content after the <!-- content for the v3s --> and as such they would not spawn be cause it was ignored in code.

so make sure to place BEFORE any segment that is set to ignore!

next in types.xml

i had to change the category from "vehicleparts" to "tools"
THIS change made the parts spawn as normal. and then the items were able to spawn attached to the rover. and the rover would spawn.. in the locations i picked!
Last edited by BOND7; Feb 25, 2021 @ 8:29am
LadyVal Jan 5, 2021 @ 4:37pm 
If this solution works, I will be sending you a big virtual kiss!! I am fighting with this for the past 2 days.
shane_pitches22 Feb 11, 2021 @ 3:46am 
no spawning for me done everything BOND7 has said but still not working can anyone help
ANTi Meep ツ Feb 13, 2021 @ 6:21am 
@Bond7 like this ? http://prntscr.com/zd2lw1
frumsze Feb 18, 2021 @ 8:43am 
currently having the same issue on Namalsk anyone got it to work there?
Heinrich Mar 14, 2021 @ 5:55pm 
I am not seeing the Land Rovers spawning anywhere, nor the parts. I inserted the code as instructed and per the instructions above as well. Still nothing either way. Any help available?
Last edited by Heinrich; Mar 14, 2021 @ 5:59pm
bongo Mar 28, 2021 @ 12:58pm 
i did the following and it all started working

mapgroupproto.xml
Changing <category name="vehicleparts"/> to <category name="vehiclesparts"/> .. seems to jsut be a typo

cfgeventspawns.xml
cut and pastes all the locations for the police ada and put it in

types.xml
changed lifetime to 3888000 from 3 in

cfgeventspawns.xml
lastly needed to change LandRoverDefender to VehicleLandRoverDefender
Balu216 Apr 11, 2021 @ 7:01am 
@bongo ... had the same problem... your description let it all started working... thx to you
ZyG|Ventana™ May 10, 2021 @ 1:27pm 
Didn't you change the event name also?
ElsieRaven May 28, 2021 @ 7:53am 
I've tried all the above but still can't get them to spawn in. I can admin spawn them but no wild spawns.
ross.frisken Aug 29, 2021 @ 1:12pm 
So....is this mod even functional???....I have tried all of the above and nothing works....maybe the mod should just be removed from the workshop if the mod maker cannot or will not support it.....
Renji Sep 15, 2021 @ 3:59am 
Originally posted by BOND7:

next in cfgspawnbletypes.xml

with the new update i placed the content after the <!-- content for the v3s --> and as such they would not spawn be cause it was ignored in code.

so make sure to place BEFORE any segment that is set to ignore!

Can you elaborate on this?
Aesthetic Sep 16, 2021 @ 5:41am 
Has anyone got this working on 1.13?

Can't seem to find the fix for the spawning issue. If I spawn it via admin menu, everythign works fine but the server won't spawn it. I've tried everything in the discussion here :(
Minuzed Sep 26, 2021 @ 1:08pm 
I've come to the conclusion that this is what needs to be done to get it all working.

1. Follow all the included instructions, adding the example-files to the corresponding files types.xml, events.xml, cfgeventspawns.xml and cfgspawnabletypes.xml.

2. Make corrections to the following files:

a. types.xml
-- For all Defender-related, change <category name="vehiclesparts"/> to <category name="tools"/>

b. mapgroupproto.xml
-- Search and replace all <category name="vehicleparts"/> with <category name="vehiclesparts"/>
-- This seems to be a typo in DayZ version 1.13, still in 1.14. After making this edit all vehicles and their corresponding parts will spawn normally.

c. events.xml
-- Edit <event name="LandRoverDefender"> to <event name="VehicleLandRoverDefender">

d. cfgeventspawns.xml
-- Edit <event name="LandRoverDefender"> to <event name="VehicleLandRoverDefender"> so it corresponds to the change we made in events.xml, otherwise it won't spawn.

e. cfgspawnabletypes.xml
-- Nothing to edit, just use the example file.

After this it should spawn normally on Chernarus as this is what the spawn-positions in cfgeventspawns.xml are made for. For Livonia I've created a set of spawn-positions posted in another topic. For any other map you need to find a suitable list of spawn-positions or create them yourself.

I wish the mod-developer will update the mod with these changes. The only thing he/she can't fix is step B as that file is not really part of the mod.

I've been trying to reach the mod-creator for some time now but unfortunately without success. I'm afraid repacking is not allowed or I would love to keep this mod updated and alive but that would require permission from the mod-creator.
Last edited by Minuzed; Oct 30, 2021 @ 9:55am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Per page: 1530 50