Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

Superb Survivors!
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
nolanritchie  [developer] Aug 17, 2022 @ 9:10am
NEW Bug / Error / Problem Report Thread
Hey Guys I'm back for now!, am updating to fix most serious issues I could find while testing.
This is a fresh new error thread so I dont have to sort through old stuff to find relevant stuff

please report any bugs problems or errors here. If there was an error idealy include your console.txt or at least copy and paste the error and ideally explain what you were doing that created the error

known issues will be in main desc, check to see if your issue is already reported

you console.txt will be found in C:\Users\(your user name)\Zomboid\console.txt
you will need to paste it into a site like Pastebin.com and then post the link here since steam wont let you just paste a huge file
Last edited by nolanritchie; Aug 19, 2022 @ 6:16am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 557 comments
NightScale5755 Aug 17, 2022 @ 8:03pm 
Hi there. Amazing to see you back, man. So with one of the "continuations" I actually helped code in a system for custom NPC outfit addons. Any chance you could implement that into this OG version? If you'd like more clarification, or even want to know how I did it, don't hesitate to FR me or talk here I guess.
Anyways, great to see you back :)
nolanritchie  [developer] Aug 18, 2022 @ 3:15am 
Originally posted by NightScale5755:
Hi there. Amazing to see you back, man. So with one of the "continuations" I actually helped code in a system for custom NPC outfit addons. Any chance you could implement that into this OG version? If you'd like more clarification, or even want to know how I did it, don't hesitate to FR me or talk here I guess.
Anyways, great to see you back :)
ok dm me and i'll send you my email address
Numus19 Aug 18, 2022 @ 5:30am 
Barricade does not work half the time. The NPCs just sit there and no nothing, or they will barricade 1 window and stop.

Gun reloading issues. NPCs in the companion role wont reload guns when needed. If you tell them to return to base while in the companion role the first thing they will do is reload their gun.

Companion NPCs will not attack zombies if they are outside of a building and you are inside the building (or vice versa). They will just stand there frozen and let the zombies eat them.

NPC auto base tasks always go to "chopping trees" before anything else. They just walk around with axes in their hands even if they aren't doing any tasks at the moment.

Gardening... That is just a total mess

NPCs flee way to often, even when set to "brave"

If 2 NPCs get to the door of a vehicle at the same time, they will just face each other and not get in the vehicle.
Numus19 Aug 18, 2022 @ 5:35am 
If unlimited ammo is on, the NPC only seems to spawn 5 bullets to reload the gun.

There is a signficant loading issue with the mod. It will crash teh game while loading the script files if you click anything. Just have to leave it alone for a few minutes and eventually the save will load.

NPCs cause massive frame rate drops when they are nearby and not in your group.
NPCs do not spawn when creating a new game. What can be connected with?
WomanRespecter420 Aug 18, 2022 @ 12:48pm 
@temonuse or whatever, read about how the mod actually functions before complaining.

@owner the hostile/friendly settings affect the built in maps, maybe make the maps standalone like w the revisited edition?
Last edited by WomanRespecter420; Aug 18, 2022 @ 3:23pm
nolanritchie  [developer] Aug 18, 2022 @ 2:56pm 
There is no need to keep up these shame bashing attacks, i just wanted to come back and continue forward progress in the survivors series which i created.
Ive talked with Ryuu and we've come to an understanding where we both admit to neglecting proper credit to contributors. Were discussing possibly joining forces.
WomanRespecter420 Aug 18, 2022 @ 3:27pm 
Originally posted by nolanritchie:
I excuse the hasty anger, you both seem like swell dudes and I have nothing but respect for whoever steps out like that for their wrong doings. I sincerely apologize and have edited the original comment.

If your minds would collaborate and work on this together I’m gonna be as hastily angry at the pz staff when they release their npcs (jk). But in all seriousness, respect, man. If you’d work as one you’d be doing the community (and the two of you) a favor with not only more ease and less time but if you can organize properly it’ll be a much more enjoyable experience with someone with the same goals as you do on their side.

1 love <3
Last edited by WomanRespecter420; Aug 18, 2022 @ 3:28pm
jackbjosis Aug 18, 2022 @ 3:43pm 
Originally posted by WomanRespecter420:
I excuse the hasty anger, you both seem like swell dudes and I have nothing but respect for whoever steps out like that for their wrong doings. I sincerely apologize and have edited the original comment.

If your minds would collaborate and work on this together I’m gonna be as hastily angry at the pz staff when they release their npcs (jk). But in all seriousness, respect, man. If you’d work as one you’d be doing the community (and the two of you) a favor with not only more ease and less time but if you can organize properly it’ll be a much more enjoyable experience with someone with the same goals as you do on their side.

1 love <3

Woops, edited too often, havent left many comments on here but this is my alt, not meant to be a quotation by you obviously.
melkipersik💤 Aug 19, 2022 @ 5:25am 
I completely reinstalled the game, added only this mod and launched a single-player game, chose the place of appearance on the base of survivors, but there was not one survivor there, as well as on the base of bandits, I also did not meet anyone in prison, I only occasionally met someone who came out in the city.
nolanritchie  [developer] Aug 19, 2022 @ 6:12am 
Originally posted by melkipersik:
I completely reinstalled the game, added only this mod and launched a single-player game, chose the place of appearance on the base of survivors, but there was not one survivor there, as well as on the base of bandits, I also did not meet anyone in prison, I only occasionally met someone who came out in the city.

Game Options -> Superb Survivors -> Disable All Pres-set/Unique Survivors
what do you have that setting set to?
melkipersik💤 Aug 19, 2022 @ 6:19am 

On.
nolanritchie  [developer] Aug 19, 2022 @ 6:53am 

On.
if its ON, then you have chosen to DISABLE all pre-set(unique) NPCs. so if you want those to show up, turn that setting off and start a new game
nolanritchie  [developer] Aug 19, 2022 @ 7:06am 
https://youtu.be/UYYedFJbnZw
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sZBiwjoo_Ui7UuEuje2aOcLMTptdgprz/view?usp=sharing
do you have the setting "Game Options -> Superb Survivors -> Disable All Pres-set/Unique Survivors" turned ON or OFF?

if its ON then there will be no preset/unique survivors. If you want to see unique/preset survivors turn that setting OFF
< >
Showing 1-15 of 557 comments
Per page: 1530 50