RimWorld

RimWorld

RimCities
Daeminos Jan 3, 2023 @ 2:31am
How do you defend city? It seems impossible?
I have saved and reloaded my game for hours trying to help this city out but also keep my colonists from biffing it, but my colonists get killed and most of the townspeople die as well. There are just too many enemies. Waves after waves after waves flood into the city. Even with the owners of the city helping they are quickly decimated. What do I do? There are no turrets and my people do not have the ability to make turrets yet.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Ironman_Mk11 Mar 4, 2023 @ 2:34am 
Personally, I absolutely hate this quest and wish it were removed from the mod completely. Or, at the very least, given a ridiculously low chance to happen and only once many years have progressed. When this quest triggers half a year into a play through, me and my 5 tribesmen with their bows and toga's just laugh at the thought of going to defend a city from the many, MANY dozens of drop pod raiders and their armor & guns.

I can't figure out how to just simply cancel the quest via dev mode though. Right clicking the "send defined signal", where you would normally be able to, just throws an error. Generally I end up just sending 1 pawn to the city, dev-mode destroying all the pods as they land, and then dev-mode destroying the rewards (because I didn't actually earn them) as a way of just "ignoring" this quest completely. If anyone knows of better way to handle it (I'd love to just remove the damn quest), I'd love to know!
Last edited by Ironman_Mk11; Mar 4, 2023 @ 2:44am
Daeminos Mar 4, 2023 @ 3:30pm 
at least give us a chance to repair the turrets or something???
Cabbage  [developer] Mar 9, 2023 @ 12:00pm 
This quest is now deactivated by default (re-enable in the mod settings). Cheers!
Daeminos Mar 14, 2023 @ 1:06am 
Originally posted by Cabbage:
This quest is now deactivated by default (re-enable in the mod settings). Cheers!

instead of deactivating the quest can you fix it so that the quest is either a bit easier to complete or maybe wait until you have a certain amount of pawns at your base? I think the quest is very good and would still like it to be there just not trying to do it with 4 pawns.
hmsggg Apr 28, 2023 @ 6:23am 
my favourite quest, is there a way to get it more often?
~REAPER~ Aug 7, 2023 @ 8:01pm 
I mean... You can always use Dev mode to do the quest & only for the quest?..
Draken Jan 15 @ 3:06pm 
I somehow still got the quest, maybe because the faction war from more faction interaction, but i love it and have tried many times to crack the mission, i would hate to see the potential got wasted. An easy (?) fix is to let the attack happen only on the last day of the quest, that way our own pawns can have time to drop in and set up defenses. Additionally it would be great if we have control of some of the city defenders for a more organized resistance force, having the enemy drop pod in is a bit much, so i suggest forcing them from one side of the map and telling the player where the attack is starting from.

Im going to try again with dev mode to move stuff around, reveal areas to find mortar shell, weapons, sending stuff in to set up additional traps. Thanks for the mod
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50