Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

TM:PE 11.8.0.0 STABLE (Traffic Manager: President Edition)
locologan94 Nov 20, 2023 @ 9:19am
TMPE in CS:2?
I have seen the modding community has started to emerge for CS:2 even though official modding isn't supported yet. I simply cannot play CS:2 past a certain population due to the lack of traffic control. I understand the game just came out and mod work doesn't happen overnight. Just wondering if anyone has heard a timeline or roadmap to when TMPE will be available in CS:2?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Krzychu1245  [developer] Nov 21, 2023 @ 12:24pm 
It's hard for me to set an ETA, but yes, I'm working on TM:PE-like mod. If I would have to guess, it might take few weeks, maybe month(s) but I still didn't solve all problems. It's quite hard to implement such mod, simply because it requires understanding the game logic beyond just looking visually how it works, requires a lot of experimenting, debugging, testing things etc.
So far I've got working prototype of priorty signs per segment, a vanilla-like U-turn ban and actively working on lane connector for initial release, which is huge task, it's messing with simulation logic, pathfinding, can break a lot of stuff with a blink of an eye so I don't want to release it in state which can cause problems (most likely wouldn't be even noticeable for regular users until things break or game crash).
I haven't forgotten about other features, but IMO, the lane connector plus other two small features is a minimal set of tools to start really managing traffic in the game and then we/community can start figuring out priorities for next updates.
PotatoPatato Nov 21, 2023 @ 1:07pm 
Originally posted by Krzychu1245:
It's hard for me to set an ETA, but yes, I'm working on TM:PE-like mod. If I would have to guess, it might take few weeks, maybe month(s) but I still didn't solve all problems. It's quite hard to implement such mod, simply because it requires understanding the game logic beyond just looking visually how it works, requires a lot of experimenting, debugging, testing things etc.
So far I've got working prototype of priorty signs per segment, a vanilla-like U-turn ban and actively working on lane connector for initial release, which is huge task, it's messing with simulation logic, pathfinding, can break a lot of stuff with a blink of an eye so I don't want to release it in state which can cause problems (most likely wouldn't be even noticeable for regular users until things break or game crash).
I haven't forgotten about other features, but IMO, the lane connector plus other two small features is a minimal set of tools to start really managing traffic in the game and then we/community can start figuring out priorities for next updates.

That's Awesome to hear Is there anyway to help you for this?
Krzychu1245  [developer] Nov 21, 2023 @ 1:10pm 
Not yet, but thank you.
PotatoPatato Nov 21, 2023 @ 1:12pm 
Not yet, but thank you.
Of course. Love your work and it is very much appreciated.
Artax Nov 22, 2023 @ 8:40am 

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
You should put a donation box when tmpe for cities 2 will come out, i will donate for sure, tmpe is the best addon in cities, lane connector is a must, THANK YOU again
Great! 2 is unplayable without this!
locologan94 Nov 24, 2023 @ 7:04am 

Thank you for your response. Please take all the time you need, we are not going anywhere!
Artax Dec 4, 2023 @ 2:53pm 

I'm checking thunderstor everyday just hoping tmpe pops up :=)
I'm almost at 1 milion people in the city, traffic is a mess loooool
Bentayga Dec 21, 2023 @ 4:44pm 
I am new to the franchise in CS:2, and I keep hearing about your tool in CS:1. I can't wait until it is done, it sounds like such a life saver! Thank you for your lovely work. Looking forward to it!
Originally posted by Eastrider:
I am new to the franchise in CS:2, and I keep hearing about your tool in CS:1. I can't wait until it is done, it sounds like such a life saver! Thank you for your lovely work. Looking forward to it!

It is, totally :steamthumbsup:
Check first GIF.
Last edited by L |Overclocking Life| M; Dec 26, 2023 @ 2:01am
Showbiz Dec 30, 2023 @ 2:21am 
Can't wait. The game is unplayable without the mod. Thanks for your hard work!
Fully thought you meant TM:PE for Counter-Strike 2
thanks
Is TM:PE for CS:2 still going to happen? I'd really like to see this mod for CS:2 :) because as somebody already said:

Originally posted by Showbiz:
Can't wait. The game is unplayable without the mod. Thanks for your hard work!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50