ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

TCs Brutal Ark v1.0.1
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
TimmyCarbine  [developer] Jan 6, 2019 @ 4:30am
Configuration | INI Settings
Configuration | INI Settings

TCsBA also uses your server settings to adjust it's difficulty.
See more info on server settings

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INI Settings (GameUserSettings.ini)
[TCsBA] ErrorLogLevel=Debug DesiredLevelRange=300-300 IgnoredWildDinos= PurificationFrequencyRange=43200-86400 ThreatNeededToBePurified=300 AllowARcToBeAwarded=false BaseARcAmountAwarded=0 MaximumClaimAreaScale=80 InitialClaimAreaScale=11 ClaimPatchTimeLength=3600 ClaimAreaLevelUpMultiplier=2 ClaimAreaTribeLevelThreshold=2 NumOfClaimBlocksAllowedPerTribe=1 NumOfClaimPatchesAllowedPerTribe=1 NumOfClaimMobilesAllowedPerTribe=1 IncreaseFlyerStaminaCost=false PerkActivationTimerMultiplier=1.0 IgnoredOverLevelDinos=

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ErrorLogLevel = <string> (Case Sensitive)
How much data you want to store in the log files.
Side Note: Please ensure you run your server with the commands -log -servergamelog to actually get your server to write log files.

Options:
  • Debug Logs everything the mod does. (Not necessary unless troubleshooting issues)
  • Error Logs only critical errors when things break that shouldn't (Recommended)
  • Off Will not log anything (Not Recommended)

Default: Error

DesiredLevelRange = <string> (Range of Integers)
This setting relates to the Level Range Enforcer
The range of levels you want wild dinos to be replaced with. This helps ensure there are always max tameable leveled dinos to tame on the map even with high OverrideOfficialDifficulty values. The first value is the lowest level and the second is the highest level. The second value is also used as the highest tameable level, every wild dino above this level will be untameable.

Default: 300-300

IgnoredWildDinos = <string> (Case Sensitive)
This setting relates to the Level Range Enforcer
These dinos will be ignored by the Level Range Enforcer. The level of these dinos will not be enforced. The mod will also not prevent the ability to tame them even if they are over the level stating in DesiredLevelRange. Each dino needs to be separated by a comma. Please use the correct character name for each dino which can be found on the wiki or the mod page of the dino if it is modded. However, you need to remove the _C if it is listed in that syntax. The default dinos below are already stored in the mod, leaving the setting blank will make the mod ignore these dinos below. Only change the setting if you want to override the default setting.

Default: Ant_Character_BP,FlyingAnt_Character_BP,Dragonfly_Character_BP,Euryp_Character,Leech_Character,Leech_Character_Diseased,Trilobite_Character,Jugbug_Oil_Character_BP,Jugbug_Water_Character_BP,Salmon_Character_BP,Coel_Character_BP,Coel_Character_BP_Ocean,Piranha_Character_BP,Gacha_Claus_Character_BP,MegaRaptor_Character_BP,MegaCarno_Character_BP,MegaRex_Character_BP,MegaWyvern_Character_BP_Fire,Mosa_Character_BP_Mega,MegaMegalodon_Character_BP

PurificationFrequencyRange = <integer>
This setting relates to the Purification System
This variable sets the range of time (in seconds) between each Encounter (aka. Purification). Each time an encounter ends, a new random time between these 2 values will be used to count down until the next encounter. The default dedicated server setting will start an encounter anytime between 12hrs (43200) and 24hrs (86400). This will continue to countdown as long as the server is running, even if no one is on at the time, however, it won't start an attack if no one is online. Once a timer has been set (at first server launch) the timer will NOT reset when the server is restarted, even if the setting was changed. If you need to reset the timer use these commands in order:
cheat ScriptCommand TCsBA Debug 1 cheat ScriptCommand TCsBA Force Abort cheat ScriptCommand TCsBA Debug 0

Default Dedicated Server: 43200-86400
Default Non-Dedi & SP: 7200-14400
Minimum: 1800-3600
Maximum: 172800-259200

ThreatNeededToBePurified = <integer>
This setting relates to the Purification System
A scaled value used to determine how much threat a tribe needs to generate before the mod will consider them worthy to be attacked. 50 would mean a tribe does not need to generate much threat to be attacked and 500 would let tribes generate a lot of threat before being considered for an attack.

The more tribes that are on a server the less likely yours is going to be chosen for an attack. Because of this, this setting will help small servers from being obliterated constantly due to a lack of other targets.
  • For single player / small servers, a value of 300-500 would work well. If you are below the Threat Threshold of 300-500 the mod will not attack you, allowing you to progress a bit before being attacked.
  • For a medium to large server, a lower value of 50-300 would work better due to the abundance of other targets to choose from. Even if you are above the Threat Threshold of 50-300 the mod is less likely to choose you over another tribe if they have more threat then you.
Default: 300
Minimum: 50
Maximum: 500

AllowARcToBeAwarded = <boolean>
This setting relates to my other mod TCs Auto Rewards
Will the mod award ARc from TCs Auto Rewards for various feats achieved like killing Brutal Dinos.

Default: False

BaseARcAmountAwarded = <float>
This setting relates to my other mod TCs Auto Rewards
The base amount of ARc awarded for various feats achieved. The base amount will be increased by how difficult the feat is. Accepts floating point numbers (e.g 0.5)

Default: 0

MaximumClaimAreaScale = <integer>
This setting relates to the Claim Area Building System
The maximum space in foundations (e.g 11x11x11) the Claim Area from Claim Block is allowed to reach (does not affect Claim Patch area).

Default: 80
Minimum: 1
Maximum: 160

InitialClaimAreaScale = <integer>
The space in foundations (e.g 11x11x11) allowed to build in created by a Claim Blocks and Mobile Claim Areas (Mobile Claim Areas will be clamped between 5 - 21) (Temporary Claim Patches will be 25% of the size set here but always clamped above 5). This is just the initial size of the build area, as tribes level up it will still increase in size.

Default: 11
Maximum: MaximumClaimAreaScale

ClaimPatchTimeLength = <float>
The length of time (in seconds) which a Claim Patch will last for before automatically demolishing.

Default: 3600
Minimum: 300
Maximum: 86400

ClaimAreaLevelUpMultiplier = <integer>
The size (in foundations) a tribe's Claim Block Area will increase when a tribe levels up.

Default: 2
Maximum: 5

ClaimAreaTribeLevelThreshold = <integer>
The level needed by a tribe before their Claim Block Area will increase when they level up. (i.e Tribes will need to reach this level before their Claim Area will start to increase after a level up)

Default: 2
Maximum: 50

NumOfClaimBlocksAllowedPerTribe = <integer>
The number of Claim Blocks allowed to be placed at one time by each tribe.
Warning This can have performance impact on your server depending on how many tribes you have, how many Claim Areas they place and how big their bases are in each Claim Area. Use at your own risk

Default: 1

NumOfClaimPatchesAllowedPerTribe = <integer>
The number of Temporary Claim Patches allowed to be placed at one time by each tribe.
Warning This can have performance impact on your server depending on how many tribes you have, how many Claim Areas they place and how big their bases are in each Claim Area. Use at your own risk

NumOfClaimMobilesAllowedPerTribe = <integer>
The number of Mobile Claim Areas allowed to be placed at one time by each tribe.

IncreaseFlyerStaminaCost = <boolean>
Setting this to True will increase the stamina cost of flying and attacking considerably. The mod will only check tamed flyers every time it runs an LRE scan so it may take 10 mins to update the stat after taming. This is controlled by a buff, removing the mod or changing the setting to False will remove the nerf and restore the dino back to original. I highly recommend at least trying the mod with this set to True, it makes land dinos neccessary again and makes exploring so much more fun and challenging.

Default: False

PerkActivationTimerMultiplier = <float>
This setting scales the activation timers for Perks and their related cooldowns. The default dedicated server setting of 1.0 will make the buff consumables for example take 24hrs before spawning a consumable.

Default Dedicated Server: 1.0
Default Non-Dedi & SP: 0.1666666667

IgnoredOverLevelDinos = <string> (Case Sensitive)
These dinos won't lose loyalty even if they were tamed over the max tameable level. Enter the dino's character name separated by commas. Look at IgnoredWildDinos for the correct syntax to use.

Default:

Last edited by TimmyCarbine; Aug 15, 2019 @ 7:05pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Pew Heretic Feb 17, 2019 @ 12:34pm 
I'm currently testing this on non-ded server running 22 mods with a heavily modified dino pool. Most "new" dinos aren't run on our server so I'm curious as to how this might affect the PopulateCount. I'll also add a few dinos to the Ignored ini just for fun.

I haven't run your Awards mod yet so I'll have to beef up on that before I run it. I think surviving a purge is it's on rewards :)

This single mod has breathed new life into ARK and I can't wait to drag my crew into this new way of surviving. We've gotten too good, too cocky. This should level the playing field a bit. I'm sure to have a thousand questions as I get it running. I have Ebenus Astrum and Antarktica running now and I'll let you know how this runs on these maps.

Thanks for all your work.
KytchenCynk Apr 27, 2019 @ 11:00pm 
Hello Timmy,
I am really happy and excited for this mod. I had survived 1 purge to go through another one 5 min latter, (Just logged in for the first one) and it was amazing. i just made it through one with a quetz. i found it amazing.... I would love a INI setting that you could put a multiplier on how difficult purges are. Most of them i can survive with no need for armor or anything.
If there were to be an ini setting that you could "override" the ablitiy or a setting that is in the mod to get it changed. One of the mods i am playing with is: Immersive Taming as it makes some tames easier and most others are just fun, but that mod is how the server has its taming times reduced. I also have Krakens Better Dinos and i think with these 2 combined it makes my animals far more powerful than the mod is making up for... This purge and the 2 last night were comming at me with lvl 200 critters. (Max tame level is 160 and max level is 600) I am also using the Auto rewards and i have added a Threat generator reward, where you get a bunch of "Ascendant" gear (shows ascendant but it is just primitive quality stone picks and cloth armor) to try and help people get the waves up to a more suitable level.
Thank you for your work and dedication to this. If you have suggestions for me to do to help the Purge raids be more fun please let me know. Love the mod and the way it brings things into perspective
Titan Aug 5, 2019 @ 8:41pm 
How do you go about editing the INI for a non dedicated?
Zomb/TDZ Apr 1, 2020 @ 3:37pm 
@123, same way as singleplayer(the settings are connected)
Wore Duif Sep 12, 2020 @ 8:38am 
Hello im new about ARK, and i have a question, i am making a server of ark hosted at nitrado, i can install this mod, this is not the problem, but dont know how to modify the GameUserSettings.ini, where i can find it if the game is hosted at nitrado??
HFF Jul 23, 2022 @ 5:22am 
Is it possible to add the rewards definition?
I_Hurt_People Nov 8, 2023 @ 3:12pm 
I cant find it in the game user settings ini, so i added, going to see if that works.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50