ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Human NPCs
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
ZoneKiller  [developer] Aug 26, 2018 @ 8:09am
How to do Wave and Walking Tame with the NPCs
How to do Walking Tame

When they charge at you, you need to play (Wave or Friendly Lower Hands) Emote until they calm down

If they do not calm before they get to you RUN.

By Default they get upset when anything attacks them and for 5 minutes after you can NOT calm them so the more hostile the area the less chance to calm them,

Then add food to your last slot and feed them - If you dont feed them or you hurt or startle them, then they will get angry again (run away at this point) and they will need to relax before you can use the emote again.

This may take practice
How to use an Emote https://ark.gamepedia.com/Emotes

Video of how to do it
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1443404076/3338745825897329594/
Last edited by ZoneKiller; Sep 26, 2018 @ 12:52am
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
klimsat Aug 27, 2018 @ 3:32am 
Nice! Humanely :)
eme Oct 4, 2018 @ 12:26pm 
when you start taming them and something makes them mad so they are angry at you so you cant feed them anymore does this make them starve to death since you cant feed them and they wont stop being mad while starving?

I had this happen yesterday and was wondering if this as intended or a bug?

Was 30% tamed and health was decreasing slowly and would not calm down until eventually it just died. Nothing was attacking it, but it just attacked me when i was waving at it with no pets in area and I was not attacking it either. I left it alone for a while on a safe beach and it continued to lose hps and not calm down.
ZoneKiller  [developer] Oct 4, 2018 @ 2:30pm 
@Emma Nice Pickup, I will add a check to make sure the wild ones dont starve
Tyrone Worldstar Oct 4, 2020 @ 1:10am 
the new update pretty much makes taming them near impossible
ZoneKiller  [developer] Oct 5, 2020 @ 2:04am 
You can turn off the Turrets read the GUS settings
R25 Nov 6, 2021 @ 10:43am 
i just set it on 2 in gus n knock them out n tame them cause just waving at them don't always work on the spear throwers
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50