Europa Universalis IV

Europa Universalis IV

Anbennar: A Fantasy Total Conversion
DUCATISLO Apr 16, 2023 @ 6:31am
this ♥♥♥♥ is just generic DnD
like isntead of making an actual original fantasy mod for once they just took everything from DnD and other popular ♥♥♥♥ and made this mod? also i never will understand why there needs to be 10+ dif. sub races of elves. and you know it's generic when there's ♥♥♥♥ like half orcs and half elves in the setting. overall the mod is well done but i wished it wasnt DnD ♥♥♥♥
< >
Showing 1-15 of 52 comments
Ruanek Apr 16, 2023 @ 1:18pm 
I mean, D&D isn't exactly original either. It copies a lot of tropes from other sources, like LOTR.

It'd be cool to have a totally original fantasy overhaul mod, but Anbennar's similarity to some common tropes makes it a lot easier to get into and it has a ton of original content. It's not just generic D&D.
DUCATISLO Apr 17, 2023 @ 4:39am 
Originally posted by Ruanek:
I mean, D&D isn't exactly original either. It copies a lot of tropes from other sources, like LOTR.

It'd be cool to have a totally original fantasy overhaul mod, but Anbennar's similarity to some common tropes makes it a lot easier to get into and it has a ton of original content. It's not just generic D&D.

meh but yeah pretty much this
DUCATISLO Apr 18, 2023 @ 4:43am 
Originally posted by LOTS of ϱniʞɔυᆿ Spaghetti:
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⠛⠛⠛⠋⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠙⠛⠛⠛⠿⠻⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠠⠤⠒⢂⣉⣉⣉⣑⣒⣒⠒⠒⠒⠒⠒⠒⠒⠀⠀⠐⠒⠚⠻⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⠔⠉⣀⠔⠒⠉⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡀⠈⠉⠑⠒⠒⠒⠒⠒⠈⠉⠉⠉⠁⠂⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⠀⠀⠀⠔⠁⠠⠖⠡⠔⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠐⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠲⢄⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠊⠀⢀⣀⣤⣤⣤⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠜⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡀⠀⠈⠃⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠥⠐⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⡄⠀⠰⢺⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⠀⠈⠐⢤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣶⣾⣯⠀⠀⠉⠂⠀⠠⠤⢄⣀⠙⢿⣿⣿
⣿⡿⠋⠡⠐⠈⣉⠭⠤⠤⢄⡀⠈⠀⠈⠁⠉⠁⡠⠀⠀⠀⠉⠐⠠⠔⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠲⣿⠿⠛⠛⠓⠒⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⡉⢢⠙⣿
⣿⠀⢀⠁⠀⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠁⠒⠂⠀⠒⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⡠⠔⠒⠒⠂⠀⠈⠀⡇⣿
⣿⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⡠⠋⠓⠤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠢⠤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠀⠀⠀⡠⠀⡇⣿
⣿⡀⠘⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡄⠀⠀⠀⠈⠑⡦⢄⣀⠀⠀⠐⠒⠁⢸⠀⠀⠠⠒⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠇⠀⣀⡀⠀⠀⢀⢾⡆⠀⠈⡀⠎⣸⣿
⣿⣿⣄⡈⠢⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣶⣄⡀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠈⠉⠒⠢⡤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠐⠦⠤⠒⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⢴⠁⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⢰⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢂⠀⠈⠹⡧⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⢱⠒⠒⠒⠒⢖⠒⠒⠂⠙⠏⠀⠘⡀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠑⠄⠰⠀⠀⠁⠐⠲⣤⣴⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠀⣠⣷⣶⣿⠀⠀⢰⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠁⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡙⠋⠙⠓⠲⢤⣤⣷⣤⣤⣤⣤⣾⣦⣤⣤⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⢹⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠑⠀⢄⠀⡰⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁⠈⠉⠻⠋⠉⠛⢛⠉⠉⢹⠁⢀⢇⠎⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣀⠈⠢⢄⡉⠂⠄⡀⠀⠈⠒⠢⠄⠀⢀⣀⣀⣰⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠀⢀⣎⠀⠼⠊⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⡀⠉⠢⢄⡈⠑⠢⢄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣀⡈⠑⠢⢄⡀⠈⠑⠒⠤⠄⣀⣀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⣀⡀⠤⠂⠁⠀⢀⠆⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣄⡀⠁⠉⠒⠂⠤⠤⣀⣀⣉⡉⠉⠉⠉⠉⢀⣀⣀⡠⠤⠒⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣤⣄⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣶⣶⣶⣤⣤⣤⣤⣀⣀⣤⣤⣤⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

bro is mad
yes!
ZeldaScott Apr 18, 2023 @ 12:29pm 
looking foward to your total conversion orignal fantasy mod!
DUCATISLO Apr 18, 2023 @ 12:43pm 
Originally posted by ZeldaScott:
looking foward to your total conversion orignal fantasy mod!
u bet
Sketchie Fello Apr 18, 2023 @ 3:24pm 
a Runequest/Glorantha/Dragon Pass mod would be pretty fire
THAC0 Apr 22, 2023 @ 2:35pm 
what we need is a total fantasy conversion mod that allows for harems and hentai and ... oh wait
DUCATISLO Apr 23, 2023 @ 6:26am 
bruh
Stańczyk May 1, 2023 @ 7:52am 
This stuff is generic DnD!

Like instead of making a fetishized original fantasy mod magical realm, they took inspiration from DnD and other professionally developed games and made this mod! Also I always enjoy when there are 10+ different sub races of elves. And you know that feeling of familiarity when there are half orcs and half elves in the setting. Overall the mod is well done and I always appreciate more DnD-inspired mods.
DUCATISLO May 1, 2023 @ 1:00pm 
Originally posted by Stańczyk:
This stuff is generic DnD!

Like instead of making a fetishized original fantasy mod magical realm, they took inspiration from DnD and other professionally developed games and made this mod! Also I always enjoy when there are 10+ different sub races of elves. And you know that feeling of familiarity when there are half orcs and half elves in the setting. Overall the mod is well done and I always appreciate more DnD-inspired mods.

FR is a magical realm tho dumbass
DnD, lotr, etc are all inspired by worldwide folklore, don't pretend that anything is solely original.

That's how the world works, Someone has an idea or part of an idea, then someone takes that idea and builds upon it, this process continues forever until some capitalist trademarks/patents it like an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ to stop progress happening.
DUCATISLO May 9, 2023 @ 4:48am 
>worldwide folklore
my ass
Mr. President May 9, 2023 @ 6:32pm 
all my favourite fantasy settings are the non-original ones, because elves, dwarves, goblins, magic and a medieval setting aren't original. fantasy isn't original
🙏BASED SURAEL🙏 May 12, 2023 @ 7:58pm 
yeah I mean, they already admitted themselves that anbennar is meant to be generic DnD fantasy, I ain't mad at all it is fun as hell like you said. are you gonna make your own fantasy mod that isn't DnD?
DUCATISLO May 13, 2023 @ 4:05am 
Originally posted by dorimeeeee:
yeah I mean, they already admitted themselves that anbennar is meant to be generic DnD fantasy, I ain't mad at all it is fun as hell like you said. are you gonna make your own fantasy mod that isn't DnD?

i would
< >
Showing 1-15 of 52 comments
Per page: 1530 50