Total War: WARHAMMER II

Total War: WARHAMMER II

CBE | Cinematic Battle Effects - Version 3.8
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Railgun  [developer] Dec 19, 2017 @ 4:21pm
WIP / Development / Feedback Thread
Hi,
This thread is primarily for testers, you can download here the next versions into a WIP state, these versions can be not fully functional.
If you want give me some feedback, ideas or other you can do it here. I don't guarantee to add them, but I will test them. I'm also open to know the fps impact of changes.

What would you want to see on the next update ?
Tell me what changes or improvements you want to see for the future updates, on Vanilla or already Modded effects. Keep in mind that none effects can be perfect on all of the game maps, I must find best compromise between all of them, so please try many maps before posting. [    Poll Link    ][docs.google.com]

WIP Versions :
[    Download Link    ][drive.google.com]
Version 3_8 Beta 100 :
  • Fix Malagor's new landing/divebomb impact decal. (done)
  • Centigor RoR ugly poison trail effects removed. (done)
  • Ogre Pistol launch effects slightly improved for Proper Effects Addon. (done)
  • Ogre Pistol launch effects improved for users who don't want to use Proper Effects Addon (Empire Volley Gun affected too). (done)
  • Previous version of Empire Volley Gun moved to Proper Effects Addon. (done)

CBE Hooveric's Mods Patch Version 1 :
Hooveric's Vampire Coast changes requiered, overhaul pack or standalone.
You must also enable this file into your launcher

• Changes Deck Gunner ethereal ror color to match with their launch effects.

Future Plans :
  • Finish to rework effects for all impacts.
  • Rework wall destruction dust effects.
  • Look at buff / debuff and magic effects.

*The library_ref packs contain Cinematic Battle Effects related vanilla libraries.
Last edited by Railgun; Aug 22, 2021 @ 6:05pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 53 comments
SteelReserve Dec 29, 2017 @ 7:34pm 
The alpha looks dope man!
Railgun  [developer] Jan 30, 2018 @ 5:04pm 
I forgot to increase the particles view distance for rifles and pistols into Version 2.1, if you can't wait the next version you can change it by yourself into the .pack.
Open it with Pack File Manager, find the xml named "wh_main_lib_dust_blow.xml" and change the first lines like bellow. Save and enjoy.
<property name="CullDistances" quality="0" x="0.00" y="0.00" z="800.00" w="800.00"/>
<property name="ParticleCullDistances" quality="0" x="1.50" y="6.00" z="600.00" w="800.00"/>

Version 3 will probably not come quickly at this point, I need to understand some new things.
Last edited by Railgun; Jan 31, 2018 @ 12:49am
SteelReserve Jan 31, 2018 @ 9:26am 
Thx Railgun! What are you learning for version 3?
Railgun  [developer] Jan 31, 2018 @ 2:46pm 
Mainly 2 things. :)
The first is finally already done, I had to understand how effects was imbricable into multiple tables because some of my changes (like for skv poison globes) didn't have any effects in game, no matter what I did. But it's good now.

For the other thing, I'm thinking to add some new effects on some units or engines like a green mist and/or lightning bolts on the screaming bells (maybe a bit like into the in-engine skaven trailer). But I don't know yet if it's really possible without editing some animation or model files. I search a possible way to do that without knowing if I can really do that, if someone have some idea I'm open.
I'm working in parallel on other effects anyway, so I will probably not eventually add this for the next version if it's too hard.
Last edited by Railgun; Jan 31, 2018 @ 3:38pm
SteelReserve Feb 2, 2018 @ 5:10pm 
sounds like you are going to be making this even more awesome that it is! I honestly can't give this project enough praise, so knowing you're learning new tricks for it is super cool! thx for sharing this awesome work!
Railgun  [developer] Feb 16, 2018 @ 2:30pm 
Hum... I'm stuck on warp lightning impacts, it's just awful how it takes fps. I don't really have idea of how I can improve it without completely destroyed the fps at this point.
I will come back on this impact later, if I find something.

EDIT : Version 2_5 Alpha 2.
New WIP Sand decal texture for cannonball impacts.
https://i.imgur.com/cZTnkcY.jpg
Last edited by Railgun; Dec 28, 2018 @ 8:40pm
SteelReserve Mar 6, 2018 @ 5:47am 
This mod is getting so ridiculously epic! The new cannonball sand decals look hella nice! The Death Wind Globes and new Bretonian poison and fire arrow impacts also look sweet! Thx for keeping expanding this!
Last edited by SteelReserve; Mar 6, 2018 @ 5:49am
Railgun  [developer] Mar 6, 2018 @ 1:17pm 
Hey, thank you !
I appreciate your feedback :D

Hum I think I can't change the snow impacts because some desert ground use it...

EDIT : Version 2_5 Alpha 2.
After more testing, some grassed ground use snow impacts too, and the desert grounds use also sometime mud, rock or snow impacts, snow ground use sometime mud impacts too.
I don't know if I can find a solution for that, currently only the sand impacts are not present on other ground type, of what I saw.
Last edited by Railgun; Dec 28, 2018 @ 8:40pm
Railgun  [developer] Aug 16, 2018 @ 4:46am 
:savedisk: [    Version 2.6 Hotfix2 available (08/16/2018)    ]
[    Download link    ][drive.google.com]

Changelog :
- Quick fix for Hellcannon / ror / nor and latest Norsca update.
(A complete rework of hellcannon with individual color for each one will come on version 3 in futur)
Last edited by Railgun; Aug 22, 2021 @ 6:05pm
Railgun  [developer] Sep 30, 2018 @ 8:10am 
:savedisk: [    Version 2_7 Alpha 2 available    ]
First try of a persistent "mist" with low fps impact after rifles fired.
https://imgur.com/a/o29Feu2
Last edited by Railgun; Aug 22, 2021 @ 6:06pm
CygnusB Oct 18, 2018 @ 3:40pm 
Hey Railgun! I know this isn't the place to ask for help but I can't comment on the main thread for some reason
Is it normal for the mod to be called '@mov_cinematic_battle_effects02_dummy.pack"? Specifically the 'dummy' part. I'm currently unable to see the mod showing up in my mod manager, only being able to see the 'dummy' thing
Thanks in advance and again, sorry for asking this in the wrong thread o,O
Railgun  [developer] Oct 18, 2018 @ 4:01pm 
@Cygnus
Yes it's normal, the workshop file is empty, it's just a dummy file to have a workshop page.
To install the mod you must download one of the external files and extract it into your game data directory, the Install Instructions are into the description. :)
Last edited by Railgun; Oct 18, 2018 @ 4:14pm
Railgun  [developer] Nov 10, 2018 @ 10:17am 
Yep, I will look for trails after VC powder done. Queen Bess launch effects will be probably done very soon, I think I finally get something interresting.
I will looks for the trails but if I don't like the more visible trails effect, I will publish it probably as optional fx into "Custom your own version". :)
Last edited by Railgun; Nov 10, 2018 @ 1:05pm
Railgun  [developer] Nov 10, 2018 @ 3:00pm 
:savedisk: [    Version 2_8 Alpha 1 available    ]
If you want to try new Queen Bess effects.
I plan to improve all other cannon powder effects with this new pass system (that seems better).
Last edited by Railgun; Aug 22, 2021 @ 6:06pm
perl Nov 10, 2018 @ 3:35pm 
Do you think that this smoke is too excessive with Vampire Coast? https://gyazo.com/fd8d4626f30df7b03680f73d858a53f3
< >
Showing 1-15 of 53 comments
Per page: 1530 50