RimWorld

RimWorld

A RimWorld of Magic
Bug Reports
I created this channel for people who encounter bugs in the mod. Please describe what's ocurring when the bug happens and how it was caused. A log would also be helpful. Thanks!

-The Rex
< >
Showing 481-495 of 2,056 comments
Kames J. Tirk Mar 18, 2019 @ 7:44am 
Originally posted by CdoubleOK:
Something about the Minion Meat is keeping pawns from finding food to eat. Hope this helps.

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TorannMagic.HarmonyPatches/FoodUtility_MinionMeat_ThoughtFromEatingIngredient_Patch.Postfix (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.ThoughtDef>&) <0x00019>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FoodUtility.AddIngestThoughtsFromIngredient_Patch1 (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.ThoughtDef>) <0x0014b>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FoodUtility.ThoughtsFromIngesting_Patch3 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,Verse.ThingDef) <0x00280>
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.FoodOptimality (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,Verse.ThingDef,single,bool) <0x00225>
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.SpawnedFoodSearchInnerScan (Verse.Pawn,Verse.IntVec3,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>,Verse.AI.PathEndMode,Verse.TraverseParms,single,System.Predicate`1<Verse.Thing>) <0x001c7>
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.BestFoodSourceOnMap (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,bool,Verse.ThingDef&,RimWorld.FoodPreferability,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) <0x00604>
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.TryFindBestFoodSourceFor (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,bool,Verse.Thing&,Verse.ThingDef&,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) <0x002cf>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.JobGiver_GetFood.TryGiveJob_Patch2 (object,Verse.Pawn) <0x00223>
at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.JobIssueParams) <0x00039>
at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.JobIssueParams) <0x0056b>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch3(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartJob_Patch1(Object, Job, JobCondition, ThinkNode, Boolean, Boolean, ThinkTreeDef, Nullable`1, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

To the bug about eating I'll add that manually ordering them to eat most of time doesn't work. Progress bar goes all the way and at the end food isn't consumed but put aside. Disabling all types of food to raw also doesn't work.
GilaMonster Mar 19, 2019 @ 10:47am 
Since the last update I'm randomly having all of my pawns get the AteMysteryMeatDirect debuff (last time it happened in the middle of the night while they were all asleep)

I definitely don't have any butchered minion meat, I've got the minion corpse forbidden at the butcher table and there's no raw meat at all lying around (tribal, so everything gets made into pemmican), and I've checked all of the pemmican and none of it was made with mystery meat.
I do have a dead minion corpse, in the dumping stockpile
Kames J. Tirk Mar 19, 2019 @ 11:34am 
I found solution. In the debug it says what's wrong. In the Cddouble's post it says about minion meat. In mine it was lembas flour (LOTR mod I guess). You have to destroy everything that cosists it - minion meat and any meal that has it as ingridient.
MYFACEISAUSOME Mar 19, 2019 @ 6:11pm 
Hello, I am getting this error when I try to right click and feed my prisoner, the box to do stuff with the prisoner does not show up and this is the error:
Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at TorannMagic.HarmonyPatches/FoodUtility_MinionMeat_ThoughtFromEatingIngredient_Patch.Postfix (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.ThoughtDef>&) <0x00019> at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FoodUtility.AddIngestThoughtsFromIngredient_Patch1 (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.ThoughtDef>) <0x0014b> at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FoodUtility.ThoughtsFromIngesting_Patch2 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,Verse.ThingDef) <0x00280> at RimWorld.FoodUtility.FoodOptimality (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,Verse.ThingDef,single,bool) <0x00225> at RimWorld.FoodUtility.SpawnedFoodSearchInnerScan (Verse.Pawn,Verse.IntVec3,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>,Verse.AI.PathEndMode,Verse.TraverseParms,single,System.Predicate`1<Verse.Thing>) <0x001c7> at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FoodUtility.BestFoodSourceOnMap_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,bool,Verse.ThingDef&,RimWorld.FoodPreferability,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) <0x0068b> at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FoodUtility.TryFindBestFoodSourceFor_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,bool,Verse.Thing&,Verse.ThingDef&,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) <0x002fe> at RimWorld.WorkGiver_Warden_DeliverFood.JobOnThing (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,bool) <0x00239> at RimWorld.WorkGiver_Scanner.HasJobOnThing (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,bool) <0x00031> at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddJobGiverWorkOrders_Patch4 (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>,bool) <0x005c7> at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddUndraftedOrders (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x0036d> at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch5 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x00386> at AchtungMod.MultiActions.AddColonist (AchtungMod.Colonist) <0x00195> at AchtungMod.MultiActions.<.ctor>b__3_0 (AchtungMod.Colonist) <0x00020> at AchtungMod.Tools.Do<AchtungMod.Colonist> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>,System.Action`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>) <0x00097> at AchtungMod.MultiActions..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>,UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x000be> at AchtungMod.Controller.MouseDown (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x0017d> at AchtungMod.Controller.HandleEvents () <0x000a6> at AchtungMod.MainTabsRoot_HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch.Prefix () <0x00048> at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MainTabsRoot.HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch1 (object) <0x0001c> at RimWorld.MainButtonsRoot.HandleLowPriorityShortcuts () <0x00029> at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x002a6> at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x00112> Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) Verse.Root:OnGUI()
hovershift Mar 19, 2019 @ 11:37pm 
i'm currently stuck in a situation of which i believe it comes from this mod during a battle with a faction in a event that makes us explore an old base they summoned a few elementals and i downed one and i didn't kill it and it was gone from the map now i'm cant form again the caravan because it has a enemy of which is gone
My Load Mar 20, 2019 @ 5:21pm 
Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TorannMagic.HarmonyPatches/FoodUtility_MinionMeat_ThoughtFromEatingIngredient_Patch.Postfix (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.ThoughtDef>&) <0x00019>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FoodUtility.AddIngestThoughtsFromIngredient_Patch1 (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.ThoughtDef>) <0x0014b>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FoodUtility.ThoughtsFromIngesting_Patch3 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,Verse.ThingDef) <0x00280>
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.FoodOptimality (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,Verse.ThingDef,single,bool) <0x00225>
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.SpawnedFoodSearchInnerScan (Verse.Pawn,Verse.IntVec3,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>,Verse.AI.PathEndMode,Verse.TraverseParms,single,System.Predicate`1<Verse.Thing>) <0x001c7>
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.BestFoodSourceOnMap (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,bool,Verse.ThingDef&,RimWorld.FoodPreferability,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) <0x00603>
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.TryFindBestFoodSourceFor (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,bool,Verse.Thing&,Verse.ThingDef&,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) <0x002cf>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.JobGiver_GetFood.TryGiveJob_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn) <0x00223>
at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.JobIssueParams) <0x00039>
at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.JobIssueParams) <0x0056b>

Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch4(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
RimWorld.Pawn_DraftController:set_Drafted_Patch2(Object, Boolean)
RimWorld.<GetGizmos>c__Iterator0:<>m__0()
Verse.Command_Toggle:ProcessInput(Event)
Verse.GizmoGridDrawer:DrawGizmoGrid(IEnumerable`1, Single, Gizmo&)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor(IEnumerable`1, Gizmo&)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DrawInspectGizmos()
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:ExtraOnGUI()
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

Just like others my colonists refuse to eat at all, I think the update with minion meat caused it, but im not a modder.
My Load Mar 20, 2019 @ 5:22pm 
Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.FoodUtility.BestFoodSourceOnMap (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,bool,Verse.ThingDef&,RimWorld.FoodPreferability,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) <0x00603>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.JobGiver_GetFood.TryGiveJob_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn) <0x00223>
at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn,Verse.AI.JobIssueParams) <0x00130>

Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch4(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
RimWorld.Pawn_DraftController:set_Drafted_Patch2(Object, Boolean)
RimWorld.<GetGizmos>c__Iterator0:<>m__0()
Verse.Command_Toggle:ProcessInput(Event)
Verse.GizmoGridDrawer:DrawGizmoGrid(IEnumerable`1, Single, Gizmo&)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor(IEnumerable`1, Gizmo&)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DrawInspectGizmos()
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:ExtraOnGUI()
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

I keep getting spammed with both of these two, There are others but these are the main.
chris.coldiron Mar 21, 2019 @ 10:18am 
Getting the same errors as above regarding Minion Meat. Once the error occurs the UI for better food selection breaks as well (which has been a good indicator while troubleshooting). Tried using another mod to select food and ran into the same issue.

My best guess is that the mod is trying to build a list of thoughtDefs, and tries to include the one for eating minion meat which is referenced in a few places, but the actual patch does not appear to be anywhere is the mod files. That being said, I have no idea what I am doing and this is all just a guess ;)

Things I have tried to resolve the issue, none have worked so far.
- Getting rid of everything that had minion meat in it.
- Getting rid of Better Food Selection (tried a different but similar mod and got the same error)
- Tried modifying the Defs so that Minions produce 0 meat. This appeared to get rid of the meat, but I still eventually got the error when one of my colonists tried to feed a prisoner some standard food.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! This has now broken two games for me, but I am hoping to get them restored once the issue is sorted.
GilaMonster Mar 21, 2019 @ 11:22am 
Destroying the minion corpse ended the random appearance of the debuff.
zamnath Mar 22, 2019 @ 6:35pm 
minion meat issue is happening for me, as well. I tried altering the Minion racedef to have them produce wolfmeat rather than mystery meat (at least until this gets fixed) and deleted all possible containers of minion meat. Seems to have made the issue go away, though I'll update if the problem crops up again.

Edit: Issue has come back again, so it looks like the meat doesn't actually have to be around to trigger it.
Last edited by zamnath; Mar 22, 2019 @ 8:44pm
My Load Mar 22, 2019 @ 9:08pm 
The update with the minion meat seems to have caused a couple of errors, Strange ones at that.
Worgensnack Mar 23, 2019 @ 11:02pm 
same
Torann  [developer] Mar 24, 2019 @ 11:02am 
Latest patch attempts to address the minion meat issue, but I've been unable to replicate the bug so I'm thinking it might be a combination of another mod and this one, or a setting in the core game that I haven't set. Either way, if you had this issue, please check to see if you're still getting the issue with the latest patch and let me know the results.
I was getting the minion meat debuff recently. Removed any and all foods from supply that involved meat. Ate only simple meals of potatoes (yum). Problem still persisted.

But I decided it could be worth destroying all my minions and a random corpse of an old minion. Debuff cleared up after a day with no minions on the map. Going to try to resummon them and see if it comes back.

Thanks for the super cool mod, btw. Love it!
Torann  [developer] Mar 25, 2019 @ 11:34am 
The debuff is normal... it's like eating insect meat, it's kind of gross. There (was?) a bug that was causing pawns to not eat that looks to have been related to the change that added the debuff. If this is still a problem for you, please let me know, I've made what changes I can on my end but without being able to identify what's causing the bug then it's safer to rollback the debuff for the time being...
< >
Showing 481-495 of 2,056 comments
Per page: 1530 50