XCOM 2
154 ratings
Idle Suppression
 
Rate  
Favorite
Favorited
Unfavorite
File Size
Posted
Updated
0.338 MB
May 15 @ 3:25pm
May 25 @ 2:53am
4 Change Notes ( view )

Subscribe to download
Idle Suppression

Subscribed
Unsubscribe
Description
Ever wanted some more action on the battlefield instead of units idly gawking at each other? Wait no more, for this mod will beautify your battles and decimate your framerates.

Will only take effect in new missions.

Conditions for units to shoot:
  • Must have a compatible weapon (see ini)
  • Must have ammo
  • must pass an 80% roll (see ini)
  • must not be flanked
  • must not be on overwatch
  • must not be selected
  • must not be concealed

Conditions for units to be shot at
  • Must be visible
  • must not be targeted
  • mus pass basic restriction such as "alive", "not cosmetic" etc.

Compatibility
This mod requires the X2CommunityHighlander.
If you want to use it with Long War 2, follow the instructions on the X2CommunityHighlander page.

Laser Weapons (coil too?) will have only very quiet sounds. This is due to the way they are set up in the editor, and I can't easily fix that.

This mod makes runtime changes to AnimSequences to (1) remove camera shakes from units that are idle suppressing and (2) prevent camera notifies for cinematic camera cuts from firing from units that are idle suppressing. I am not aware of any other mod that does this, so there shouldn't be issues.
< >
201 Comments
John Kimble ☠ Jun 25 @ 5:35pm 
works great with LW2, cool mod !
Garr Incorporated Jun 25 @ 10:50am 
@samson28 Have you cleared you configs in Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config ?
samson28 Jun 25 @ 9:55am 
Not working for me. Is there any other dependencies besides Highlander? Or do I have to do something in particular? I have played numerous missions, started a new campaign and turned on and off but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
チゼイ~ Jun 25 @ 1:38am 
This doesnt work
Is this required other DLC or mods to work ? (aside from highlander on desc)
Arcalane Jun 23 @ 9:22pm 
This is probably out of your control, but I've noticed that SPARK primaries play the autocannon firing sound when idle-suppressing, even when they're the magnetic/plasma tier models.
Garr Incorporated Jun 18 @ 4:08am 
Also, I am still experiencing soldiers suppressing idly while having no ammo.
Garr Incorporated Jun 18 @ 2:31am 
@42nfl19
80% is the default chance that they will trigger the Idle Supression animation.
42nfl19 Jun 17 @ 9:40pm 
What does the 80% mean? 80% chance they will do the animation? Or 20% chance they will do the animation?
Garr Incorporated Jun 13 @ 3:29pm 
@silencer4
I think that the game is trying to make you forego the Concussion Rocket. Seriously, it's still lame.
silencer4 Jun 13 @ 1:25pm 
Hi. This is cool mod, however I'm not sure if it has a major issue with Long War 2 and combination of concussion missile. Everytime I use the rocket the game crasher later when I do some actions. Might be something with either mass enemy status change or something. I'm not sure even if this is this mods fault but it's first on my suspect list.